Page 4 of 106 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954104 ... LastLast

Thread: RodG 1.5 - Easy and painfree Installation

Default Re: RodG 1.5 - Easy and painfree Installation

Damnation! It seems that the CTD connected with Chaos Dwarves siege engines is not fixed with this version.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by thy.gromovnik View Post
    Damnation! It seems that the CTD connected with Chaos Dwarves siege engines is not fixed with this version.
    I wasn't aware of that problem, can you link me to a discussion of it?

Edit: found it and provided fix
    Last edited by Gigantus; March 01, 2012 at 10:51 AM.

ctd at he start for me too, but think because i installed only 1 part ) clever me..
    by the way, the folder in mods should be Rage of dark gods or should i change it into call of warhammer?

Blog Entries

It should be Rage of dark Gods - I have done that to avoid conflicts with the original version.

Blog Entries

Quick Fix 20120301 - RodG - siege engines
    - a crash is apparently caused by the textures of some siege engines
    - deleting or removing data\weatherDB.xml may improve performance further (optional)
    - used the fix from here, new textures for siege engines and new descr_engines file (lower mesh settings)
    See second post for attachment
    Last edited by Gigantus; March 01, 2012 at 10:50 AM.

succesfully started the game! at last thanks Gig!

Thanks alot Gigantus!
    I'm just having one minor problem - I'm getting a CTD every time I capture Mordheim with a Sylvania campaign I just started. It happens as soon as I occupy/sack/exterminate the settlement - I've noticed the scenery will also turn green - indicating summer - at which point I get my CTD. Thanks again Gigantus.

heh, faced strange problem - its unit movement jerk in campaign map. some enemy/my units moving normal, some starts to jerks on the road, seems like some kind of lag. never faced it before on cow. tried to change all resolutions, lowered all video options - its the same. im playing without fog of war. when toggled fog of war - turns taking soo long, about 5 mins or so. i think its not supposed to be like that..and i didnt noticed fps booster on this mod, maybe thats the reason? but even on valina tw i never faced such things. any tips?

by the way checked again in vanila - every unit moves fine.
    Last edited by Vilihelm; March 01, 2012 at 01:45 PM.

Vice's Avatar Biarchus

Took awhile but soon it will be well worth it...Seeding now for other people!

Quick Fix 20120301 - RodG - siege engines
    - a crash is apparently caused by the textures of some siege engines
    - deleting or removing data\weatherDB.xml may improve performance further (optional)
    - used the fix from here, new textures for siege engines and new descr_engines file (lower mesh settings)
    See second post for attachment
    Hmmm...still crashing, despite the fix. I did a clean installation with your version, applied the patch 001, and the two fixes. Running on Win 7 32bit Ultimate, hardware more than enough for ME2. The log does not give any clue, i'll attach it below (and it is quite short even though i set it to error and trace mode). If you can figure it out i will be very grateful.

Not sure if this is a bug, but I think I just saw an orc&goblins' merchant. XD

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lenvil View Post
    Thanks alot Gigantus!
    I'm just having one minor problem - I'm getting a CTD every time I capture Mordheim with a Sylvania campaign I just started. It happens as soon as I occupy/sack/exterminate the settlement - I've noticed the scenery will also turn green - indicating summer - at which point I get my CTD. Thanks again Gigantus.
    I will try to recreate that situation and check, in the meantime check the 'Error reporting' section in the first post and submit a detailed log.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilihelm View Post
    heh, faced strange problem - its unit movement jerk in campaign map. some enemy/my units moving normal, some starts to jerks on the road, seems like some kind of lag. never faced it before on cow. tried to change all resolutions, lowered all video options - its the same. im playing without fog of war. when toggled fog of war - turns taking soo long, about 5 mins or so. i think its not supposed to be like that..and i didnt noticed fps booster on this mod, maybe thats the reason? but even on valina tw i never faced such things. any tips?

by the way checked again in vanila - every unit moves fine.
    I haven't come across that, I had reduced all the strat model textures just to avoid something like that. I do however have experienced something like that in other mods when over a heavy wooded area in the game due to the animation of the forest.
    Hmmm...still crashing, despite the fix. I did a clean installation with your version, applied the patch 001, and the two fixes. Running on Win 7 32bit Ultimate, hardware more than enough for ME2. The log does not give any clue, i'll attach it below (and it is quite short even though i set it to error and trace mode). If you can figure it out i will be very grateful.
    Please check the 'Error reporting ' section in the first post on how to submit a detailed log (set to trace only, error overrides).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.InTeLeX View Post
    Not sure if this is a bug, but I think I just saw an orc&goblins' merchant. XD
    I haven't changed any recruiting, so I guess they have merchants.

The game won't go widescreen anymore when I start it up. I tested the vanilla game before doing the patch and fixes, so it's one of those three things.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord Skorr View Post
    The game won't go widescreen anymore when I start it up. I tested the vanilla game before doing the patch and fixes, so it's one of those three things.
    It might have to do with the windowed mode or the resolution preset. Open the CFG file in Rage of dark gods with Notepad and put a hash ( # ) in front of the following lines and then save:

windowed = true
    borderless_window = true
    tga_width = 1400
    campaign_resolution = 1680 1050
    battle_resolution = 1680 1050

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    It might have to do with the windowed mode or the resolution preset. Open the CFG file in Rage of dark gods with Notepad and put a hash ( # ) in front of the following lines and then save:

windowed = true
    borderless_window = true
    tga_width = 1400
    campaign_resolution = 1680 1050
    battle_resolution = 1680 1050
    Sorry, computer noob. Notepad is denying me access when I am trying to save the changes as a .cfg file. I assume saving it as a .txt file will screw everything up, and I am on the only account on this computer (obviously also the Admin account), so I don't know what to do.

P.S. Thank you both for the easy installer and the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    I haven't changed any recruiting, so I guess they have merchants.

It's not a bug caused by your action but I think it's worth fixing anyway, because iirc we can't recruit merchant but ai did manage to do that somehow.

What makes this bug perfect is that when you see one in strat map, its name is actually "NEVER" in-game and I lol'd so much. XD

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord Skorr View Post
    Sorry, computer noob. Notepad is denying me access when I am trying to save the changes as a .cfg file. I assume saving it as a .txt file will screw everything up, and I am on the only account on this computer (obviously also the Admin account), so I don't know what to do.

P.S. Thank you both for the easy installer and the help.
    That might have to do with your general permissions, please try and apply this tutorial from step 3: How To Fix UAC and VirtualStore Problems as mentioned in the first post, it will help as well when you apply patches and fixes later on.

If all fails, then extract the attachment into the root of Rage of dark Gods, but you should try and fix the problem first.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.InTeLeX View Post

It's not a bug caused by your action but I think it's worth fixing anyway, because iirc we can't recruit merchant but ai did manage to do that somehow.

What makes this bug perfect is that when you see one in strat map, its name is actually "NEVER" in-game and I lol'd so much. XD
    Now that you mention it: I remember coming across it in one of the campaigns while testing. Let's see if it's the orcs, goblins or those ghastly dwarfs. But the 'good' factions can create merchants, so why shouldn't the bad ones?

Last edited by Gigantus; March 02, 2012 at 12:21 AM.

Please check the 'Error reporting ' section in the first post on how to submit a detailed log (set to trace only, error overrides).
    knew i messed up something, but could not see what. Sorry, here is the detailed log.

Here's my log - I've realised it's a problem with getting the CTD at the end of the rebel turn - before mine starts.

I also noticed that the english voices for the Tzeentch and Slaanesh generals use the Khorne general voices in the campaign map. Is that normal? It's a little odd starting a Tzeentch game only to hear "SKULLS" and "BLOOD" every time I select a general.

Blog Entries

knew i messed up something, but could not see what. Sorry, here is the detailed log.
    The error happens two seconds after the last the last instruction from Germanicu5's script - an eternity in script time. Sorry, can't help there.
    The battle involves the Chaos Dwarfs and one of their siege engines - have you applied the siege engine fix?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenvil View Post
    Here's my log - I've realised it's a problem with getting the CTD at the end of the rebel turn - before mine starts.

I also noticed that the english voices for the Tzeentch and Slaanesh generals use the Khorne general voices in the campaign map. Is that normal? It's a little odd starting a Tzeentch game only to hear "SKULLS" and "BLOOD" every time I select a general.
    Your error seems to be related to the witch_mord event. There is no text in the body of the message, not sure if that is the same as incorrect text within the brackets, but try the attachment - extract into data\text.
    The voices are courtesy of Galloper's voice pack, maybe not perfect - certainly better then the Russian voices.
    Last edited by Gigantus; March 02, 2012 at 06:29 AM.