Page 27 of 106 FirstFirst ... 21718192021222324252627282930313233343536375277 ... LastLast

Thread: RodG 1.5 - Easy and painfree Installation

Default Re: RodG 1.5 - Easy and painfree Installation

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    I am smelling an incomplete installation:

The installation of the main game consists of three parts - did you run those three EXE files?
    After that you can run the patch 005 and add the quick fixes for good after it.
    So installed new with all 3 parts than patch 005 and fixes, still redirect to title screen.When I tried again or choose a other mode it crashes. Nightgoblin faction also not listet in storm of Chaos campaign.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Could it be the Virtual Store playing havoc again? Check this tutorial from step 3 onward and don't forget to delete the medieval 2 folder in the virtual store afterward.

Why i can't do a siege? I play with middenheimm and the beasts of chaos when attacking me we fight in the land not in my castle. Sorry for the english i'm spanish

i installed the patch ande the fixes

Theres no hope for my installation, fixing virtual store and reinstallation still causes redirect to titlescreen, Im going to wait for next version or something^^

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by schmoi View Post
    Theres no hope for my installation, fixing virtual store and reinstallation still causes redirect to titlescreen, Im going to wait for next version or something^^
    Please refer to the 'Error Reporting' section in the first post and then post back. A return to menu will usually leave a good error message.

Icon5 Re: RodG 1.5 - Easy and painfree Installation

Gigantus is this version compatible with the TombKings submod? if not could you pls try and make it compatible for the next version and thanks for this version way less buggy than the origional

Default Re: Patches and Quick Fixes

Hey Gigantus when trying to download your Patch 005, Part1 and Part2 through mediafire I for the life of me cant get the downloads to complete. I have troubleshot everything possible with no results, was able to get your torrent just fine but the patches no luck. Any suggestions? or another place I can try to get these patches from that wont stiff me at 99% everytime I try?
    Thanks in advance.

Blog Entries

Just a reminder to all that are patching: You need to download both parts of the patch and then run the EXE file.

@gk3500
    I will set the patch files on a torrent as well - it might take a bit to download at first due to my slow connection, so don't despair. Check the second post in a while.

MUCH THANKS!!! Now I can enjoy this epicness! +1000000 from me.

Laetus

I have an issue launching the game,i installed v1.5, patch 1.5.1 and the fixes as instructed but the game crashes before the loading screen;apparently the mangonel added at 1.5.1 is the problem,but i kinda suck at even the most basic file tempering so any help would be much appreciated.Uploading the log btw:

Blog Entries

There is the possibility that you didn't install the siege fix patch correctly.
    And please refer to the 'Error Reporting' section in the first post on how to do a comprehensive 'trace' log and submit it.

Laetus

There is the possibility that you didn't install the siege fix patch correctly.
    And please refer to the 'Error Reporting' section in the first post on how to do a comprehensive 'trace' log and submit it.
    I reinstalled the game,patched it to 1.5.1 and applied both fixes and the english translation and still having the same error,the game starts,i get to see the first loading screen for 1 second and then it crashes and i get the "Sigmar save us,etc etc" message. Here is the trace log (i think ) you asked

Blog Entries

There is no English translation for this version - it's included in the base install and the fix.
    Have a look if this file (or that folder) exists: data/animations/engine/Mangonel_Idle.CAS - it is suppsoed to be there.
    Then run this tutorial from step 3 onward, don't forget to delete the virtualstore in the M2TW folder

If it still doesn't work, please respond\answer to these questions:

1. Where did you download the base version of the game?
    2. Did you install all THREE parts?
    3. Where did you download the patch?

T&D's Avatar Vicarius

Gigantus i have this log when i want to attack orc city(i want to recapture it).
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    12:15:40.859 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    12:15:40.859 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Aug 3 2007 version bld-medieval2-kingdoms-104 (45562) ===
    12:15:40.921 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    12:15:40.953 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    12:15:41.000 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    12:15:41.015 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    12:15:41.015 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    12:15:41.015 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    12:16:50.703 [game.script] [always] Germanicu5 ReallyBadAI v5.6 Running. Please upload log and savegames when reporting battle CTDs.
    12:18:35.343 [game.script] [always] Germanicu5 ReallyBadAI v5.6 Running. Please upload log and savegames when reporting battle CTDs.
    12:21:12.546 [system.rpt] [error] Sigma preserve us, Chaos has taken over!

Closing the gates to save our souls!

Blog Entries

Please check the 'Error Reporting' section in the first post to see how to get a conclusive, more detailed log. Your crash is 3 minutes after the last log entry, world's have been lost in that time...

Laetus

There is no English translation for this version - it's included in the base install and the fix.
    Have a look if this file (or that folder) exists: data/animations/engine/Mangonel_Idle.CAS - it is suppsoed to be there.
    Then run this tutorial from step 3 onward, don't forget to delete the virtualstore in the M2TW folder

If it still doesn't work, please respond\answer to these questions:

1. Where did you download the base version of the game?
    2. Did you install all THREE parts?
    3. Where did you download the patch?

Reading comprehesion,must get better at it!I assumed that the three parts would be installed automatically,next time i should be more careful when i see instructions.However,i now get a new error concerning ships models and stuff.

I DLed both the patch and the base mod from your first post in this thread,and fwiw i am using XP so no UAC and the rest for me.

Blog Entries

Something is still not right:
    15:07:12.343 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Rage_of_dark_Gods/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 385, column 69
    Unknown unit type specified: Chaos Dwarf Thunderfire Battlebarge
    It basically means that a unit has been entered in the EDB but is missing from the EDU. That is certainly not the case, so I am wondering if the patch has been installed correctly. This time it's two parts, one EXE - same path as the main installation.
    Run the patch installation again (it contains the correct EDU) and then the two fixes.

Laetus

Not sure what i did wrong the first time,but the second time i installed the patch it worked.I d rep you if i had enough posts to be able to do so,but alas,you can only have my gratitude for your help

Blog Entries

One is glad to be of service