Page 26 of 106 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829303132333435365176 ... LastLast

Thread: RodG 1.5 - Easy and painfree Installation

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: RodG 1.5 - Easy and painfree Installation

Found the culprit: the smith and alchemy school buildings have to be first in the building entries (before the recruitment buildings)

That will take a little to fix. I remembered that in basic CoW I was always building the smith before barracks....

Didn't I fix it that way anyhow, previously?

I'm not sure. Could it have been accidentally overridden with this latest patch?

Blog Entries

There was a new descr_strat with the 1.5.1 Patch, that's why. Should have thought of that...

Blog Entries

Update

Quickfix 20120526 - RodG - descr_strat (updated)

See second post for the download
    Last edited by Gigantus; May 26, 2012 at 06:57 AM.

I had just noticed that this morning as Stirland, but you beat me to bringing it up

Thanks Gigantus! I must say that you're the most helpful person on the entire Total War Centre. Keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Found the culprit: the smith and alchemy school buildings have to be first in the building entries (before the recruitment buildings)

That will take a little to fix. I remembered that in basic CoW I was always building the smith before barracks....

Didn't I fix it that way anyhow, previously?
    So recruitment buildings must be AFTER requiremt building to make units recruitable (visible) during first turn?

Blog Entries

It's the first time I have come across a case where the sequence is essential. It might be because of the sheer amount of requirements in the EDB.

It's the first time I have come across a case where the sequence is essential. It might be because of the sheer amount of requirements in the EDB.
    Similar situation is with the dwarves. Despite having marksmen range level 2 and gunsmith level 2 no thunderers at the begininng of the campaign. could u take a look?

Blog Entries

Did you install the fix and start a new game? If so, please tell me the name of the settlement.

Thunderers have an additional requirement: "and hidden_resource mountain_province"
    Which means they can only be recruited in regions with that hidden resource, most likely needs to be in the mountains as the name suggests.
    Check in the building roster (right click building icon) if the recruitment is shown.
    Last edited by Gigantus; May 26, 2012 at 06:20 AM.

Did you install the fix and start a new game? If so, please tell me the name of the settlement.
    yeah, i did !

Most native starting lands of dwarves:

Karak Hirn
    Turn 1 recruitable: Cannon, Mortar, Miners, Quarerells, Dwarf Axes, D Warriors

missing: Thunderes

Karak 8 peaks
    Turn 1 recruitable: Organ Gun, Cannon, Mortar, Hamm. Bdyguard, Quarerells, Dwarf Axes, D Warriors

missing: Longbeards, Longbeards w. Axes, Rangers, Thunderers

Karaz a Karak
    Turn 1 recruitable: Organ Gun, Cannon, Mortar, Hamm. Bdyguard, Quarerells, Dwarf Axes, D Warriors

missing: Longbeards, Longbeards w. Axes, Rangers, Thunderers

Zhufbar
    Turn 1 recruitable: Cannon, Mortar, Hamm. Bdyguard, Miners, Quarerells, Dwarf Axes, D Warriors

missing: Rangers, Thunderers

Karak Kadrin
    Turn 1 recruitable: Organ Gun, Cannon, Mortar, Slayers, Miners, Quarerells, Dwarf Axes, D Warriors

missing: Rangers, Thunderers

All missing units appear in replenishment at turn 2

Blog Entries

Found the mistake: I omitted moving the cannon_arsenal buildings (gun smith) to the top of the building sequence. Check the second post for an update.

Update

Quickfix 20120526 - RodG - descr_strat (updated)

See second post for the download
    Last edited by Gigantus; May 26, 2012 at 07:23 AM.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

I noticed a bug. The texture of the heretic archers is messed up. Dont know if it is a vanilla thing. Maybe they still have the old model with the new texture or vice-versa.

Yeah, I noticed this aswell. Also is it just me or did the witchhunters get a graphical upgrade?

Reiksfart's Avatar Senator

Thanks to Galloper's advice a problem with repacking the voice and SFX files with this version has been fixed. Previously after repacking, the sounds would not repack to the same size, i.e events.dat, SFX.dat and voice.dat were smaller than the original. Some of the sound text files in the Gig version are from the original Russian version (so I've been told), which was the culprit. The fix for this is copy all the text files with the word 'sound' in the name from Galloper's current version into your data folder. Has fixed my problem of repacking and not losing any sounds and can now finally make some progress adding in new sounds.

This won't be of interest to most people, but I think a few have been trying to add new sounds. This is your fix.

Blog Entries

Please add a link to Galloper's version to your post.

Hello. Used your version 1.5 crashfree and evrything, but after installing your Patch 005 starting anything redirects me to title screen. I deleted evrything even all savegames deleted torrent redownloaded torrent, version 1.5 still running good and crashfree with the old patches. but after installing patch 005 it still redirects to Titlescreen.

please help =/

I waited so long for recruiting blooddragons and playable Nightgoblin faction =)

Blog Entries

I am smelling an incomplete installation:

The installation of the main game consists of three parts - did you run those three EXE files?
    After that you can run the patch 005 and add the quick fixes for good after it.

Hey Gigantus, loving the mod so far but I've been getting some random crashes which nearly always occur after I end the turn and am waiting for the AI to finish. I installed 1.5 then your 005 patch and then the two hotfixes on the original post.

I've attached a copy of the log for the latest crash if you wouldn't mind taking a look. I am using the steam version btw.

Blog Entries

Some of the errors (create_unit) are related to this character's spawn:

Code:
        spawn_army 
                    faction lithuania
                    character    random_name, named character, x 48, y 137, label tzingenernor, family
                    traits    LoyaltyStarter 1 , Upright 2 , PublicFaith 2 , man 1 , GoodCommander 4
                    unit        Champion Knights of Tzeentch Bodyguard                exp 4 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
            end
    The problem here is the fact that the 'label' does not include a number and hence the game has a problem.

Why the age entries are negative beats me, and the 400 pop in a huge city are somewhat curios (error related to descr_settlement_mechanics' settings) - bu tnone of those errors a re fatal.
    In fact the crash happens 50 minutes after the last message. To get more info, please refer to the 'Error Reporting' info in the first post and then post again.