Page 18 of 106 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324252627284368 ... LastLast

Thread: RodG 1.5 - Easy and painfree Installation

Default Re: RodG 1.5 - Easy and painfree Installation

Gigantus , I use your torrent with patch 1.1+1.2+1.4
    play as Dwarf , everything is fine but I can't recruit Elders even when I have those require :
    - Hall of Elder 2
    - Smith level 6
    - Barrack level 5
    - The province is Karaz-A-Karak , which have the resource "tobacco" , "dwarf mine" and "mountain province"

The only wrong here is name of the Smith level 6 is "Armor Factory" while in vanilla I believe its name is "Rune Smith 5" or "Gromril Smith" or something like that .
    Can you check that , please ?
    ░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤
    This is Total War !!!

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

According to the EDB it's this line in the highest barracks level (5):

Code:
                    recruit_pool "Elders" 1 0.1 1 1 requires factions { poland, } and building_present_min_level halls_of_elders halls_of_elders_2 and building_present_min_level castle_smith castle_smith_6 and building_present_min_level hinterland_castle_mines c_mines and resource tobacco and hidden_resource mountain_province
    Looks like you need to build a mine as well.

No , to tell the truth . I so curious that I use the process_cq to build all building on "Karaz-A-Karak"
    After do this , I even pass some turns to see if the Elder appear at the recruit tab , but no .
    ░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤
    This is Total War !!!

Blog Entries

Let me make it easier to see:

recruit_pool "Elders" 1 0.1 1 1 requires factions { poland, }

1. and building_present_min_level halls_of_elders halls_of_elders_2 --> Elders Halls 2
    2. and building_present_min_level castle_smith castle_smith_6--> Dwarven Black Smith 5
    3. and building_present_min_level hinterland_castle_mines c_mines --> Dwarven Mines
    4. and resource tobacco--> trading resource tobacco
    5. and hidden_resource mountain_province --> hidden resource mountains_province

Apart from having to play the Dwarf faction (poland) you are required to fulfill another 5 conditions: 3 buildings, one trading resource, one hidden resource. I haven't changed anything in the recruiting entries, not sure if it works in the original version.

thank god , now I know it .
    The castle smith 6 in the EDB have that line
    "castle_smith_6 requires factions { mongols, aztecs, }"
    Not Poland - Dwarf.
    If leave that way , I can only recruit Elder if I take Uzkulak from the Chaos Dwarf (Aztecs) . And by that time , they must have the castle_smith_6 in the settlement .

Then I find out a solution .
    I change the line
    " recruit_pool "Elders" 1 0.1 1 1 requires factions { poland, } ... and building_present_min_level castle_smith castle_smith_6 ..."
    into
    " recruit_pool "Elders" 1 0.1 1 1 requires factions { poland, } ... and building_present_min_level smith smith_6 ..."
    And now the Elder is back !

I don't know if the whole Uzkulak thing is the team's intention or not . But thank you for spent time with me .
    ░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤
    This is Total War !!!

Blog Entries

Whoever set up those conditions must have overlooked that the dwarfs can't build the castle_smith building line. This is actually due to the change in the conditions from culture requirement to faction requirement. I think it was intentional, because there is no building picture in the greek UI folder of RodG whereas it is present in the CoW setup - but I guess they forgot to remove or modify that condition for the Elders.

Nice find!

Regarding the error log.
    After I experienced a crash (turn 3, Sylvania attacking Dwarves, crashed the second the load bar filled).
    Went to config, removed '#' from 'trace' and placed it in front of 'error'.
    I opened the log...no change, simply says error.
    I reloaded my campaign and tried my assault again. Crashed in the exact same manner.
    Went to the error log, and now there is nothing there.
    I've downloaded all fixes and afterwards I tested every piece of siege machinery in custom battles.
    I would greatly appreciate some assistance in understanding the error log, as when it was working normally I fixed several errors in 1.4.4 on my own.
    Even if it's just a link, anything would be helpful.
    (I realized that I did not pay complete attention to the installation directory, may explain the ctd's, but not the empty error log.)

Blog Entries

The logging entry should look like this if you wish to switch to trace mode:

[log]
    to = logs/M2TW.system.log.txt
    level = * trace

The change will happen the next time you play the game. It can happen that the log doesn't get generated, but that would also mean that the logs subfolder will not be present then either.

I should have been more patient. Sorry about that.

Blog Entries

It does indeed look like a siege engine error, those should have been addressed in the patches.

When installing the patches, make sure the installation path points to the Medieval 2 Total War directory, nowhere else!

What is this, actually, this RoDG stuff? It's 5 gigs download like CoW, is it something different? better? bigger? already in english? submod?
    Never played CoW mod before.

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    What is this, actually, this RoDG stuff? It's 5 gigs download like CoW, is it something different? better? bigger? already in english? submod?
    An updated version of Call of Warhammer, adding improvements and tweaks etc

Downloading now will seed for a few days I'll let you know how I get on Gig, I played the out of 1.4. Hoping RoG will be as epic

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    It's a stand alone English version of Call of Warhammer 1.5 with a couple of fixes and tweaks. See first page for details.

So while playing as averland I laid siege to the night goblin fort to my immediate east and while the battle was loading i got a ctd, here is the log.

Blog Entries

This is the part of the script that seems to fire right at the end of the log, the line in blue is mentioned right at the end before the crash. I am not sure if Karak Eight Peaks is the settlement you are referring to. If so, then it appears as if this script part is firing as you siege the settlement, probably leading to the crash. Try an autoresolve and see if it still crashes.

monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionIsLocal
    and not I_SettlementOwner Karak_Eight_Peaks = moors
    and I_CompareCounter orckaraz = 3
    unfreeze_faction_ai moors
    if not I_SettlementOwner Karak_Eight_Peaks = moors
    and not I_SettlementOwner Karak_Eight_Peaks = turks
    and I_CharacterExists orcgeneral6
    siege_settlement orcgeneral6, Karak_Eight_Peaks, attack
    end_if
    set_counter orckaraz 4
    terminate_monitor
    end_monitor

Thanks ever so much for making this fantastic mod available for those of us not into modding or russian!

Seraph07's Avatar Semisalis

Gigantus, thank you so much for all your hard work. This is by far the easiest, most straightforward, and bug free installation of CoW hammer. Honestly The first two pages of this thread need to be the main download links.

So yeah obviously I wanted to get a thank you in first before I report a bug, which is a CTD whild defending Karak Eight Peaks after the"Goblin attacj imminent" message pops up. Any advice on how to fix it?

Quote Originally Posted by Seraph07 View Post
    Gigantus, thank you so much for all your hard work. This is by far the easiest, most straightforward, and bug free installation of CoW hammer. Honestly The first two pages of this thread need to be the main download links.

So yeah obviously I wanted to get a thank you in first before I report a bug, which is a CTD whild defending Karak Eight Peaks after the"Goblin attacj imminent" message pops up. Any advice on how to fix it?
    Could I bother you for a "did you install the artillery fix"? Goblins employ a bugged catapult that may CDT your game predictably unless you do the fix. It's the last one of the attached patch-files from the second post in this thread.

could someone give me the campaign script for this please, i accidently deleted the copy on my computer thanks

Seraph07's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Draxdevourer View Post
    Could I bother you for a "did you install the artillery fix"? Goblins employ a bugged catapult that may CDT your game predictably unless you do the fix. It's the last one of the attached patch-files from the second post in this thread.
    No, I should have been more specific. I saw a reply to a CTD involving a similar CTD issue where that player attack Karak Eight points and siege battles resulted in A CTD. Playing the Dwarven faction resulted in CTD's while I defended the same Karak.

The CTD occurs on loading of the battle. While defending any other city, siege battles play our normally.

These is my install procedure.

Rage of Gods Part 1
    Rage of Gods Part 2
    Rage of Gods Part 3

Rage of Gods Patch 1
    Rage of Gods Patch 2
    Rage of Gods Patch 4
    replace the descr_projectile.text with the one included in the RodGdescr_projectile zip.

Add RodG to the Kingdoms launcher menu, launch viaw m2tw2 launcher replacer.

Over 40 years of turns without a single CTD, except this one