Page 106 of 106 FirstFirst ... 6568196979899100101102103104105106
Results 2,101 to 2,106 of 2106

Thread: RodG 1.5 - Easy and painfree Installation

Default Re: RodG 1.5 - Easy and painfree Installation

the Patch 005 that come along with the main files arent opening with utorrent so i guess i must download another one ?

do i need to instal 1.5 before 1.5.1
    im on steam, does it change anything ?

patch first or fixes first ?

I have installed everything into C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War

part 1, 2, 3 and i have run the patch and fixes in C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War

i downloaded the
    Quickfix 20150725 RodG campaign_script

and put drag and switch the file it into \mods\Rage_of_dark_Gods\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign folder

The game open but immediatly crashes saying the now very annoying sigmar preserv us.

So, after a few days, with no changes whatsoever to the game's files, the mod has decided to stop working again and is constantly giving me the "Sigma preserve us" error on start up. It seems that this error may be completely random for steam users. I have ran a re-install of the mod and I still get the error. It's really strange, any help would be appreciated.

So, I've done some fiddling around and I think that I've managed to sort out a temporary fix for the "sigma preserve us" crash on start up. I don't know if this will work for anyone else or if it will work for people using other browsers, but it works for me. Anytime that I try to run RoDG 1.5.1 i would get the old "Sigma preserve us" crash on start up. However, it never happens if I run the program using the Toolbox launcher and if I run it in a very specific way. So, here's what I do. I load up my computer and instead of just running the program outright, I load up chrome. I then run the launcher without using "run as administrator". It crashes as usual with the same error, but then I close chrome and run the program as administrator and it works fine every time. If this way of running RoDG works for everyone else that would be brilliant, but now it work for me as a temporary solution until 1.6 comes out of beta or the bug is patched.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

A lot of things have happened since this version first got released and most of it will be implemented in the next full version when patch 1.6 gets released. I believe this will be shortly, which means in the meantime I am not going to great length to solve installation problems - the new version will be tested on a windows 10 set up and should then hopefully work easily on everyone's machine.

Edit: status update
    I have been able to adapt patch 1.6 to my RodG version (at least I am already at the map ), the number of apparent errors so far is surprising:
    Code:
    text entry missing for Orcz_Camp_Province in imperial_campaign_regions_and_settlement_names
    wrong religion total for Templehof and Senkehof provinces
    name missing in text\names: {Ironskin}Ironskin
    unit description missing: sonsofmanann_mounted, Peasants
    duplicated character name in this faction: moors, Toothez (family member and priest)
    duplicated character name in this faction: aztecs, Khurakk (family member and admiral)
    duplicated character name in this faction: slaves, Wolfram
    duplicated character name in this faction: slaves, Rainald
    duplicated character name in this faction: slaves, Aldebrand
    duplicated character name in this faction: slaves, Michel
    duplicated character name in this faction: slaves, Birger
    invalid tile(106, 51) for the settlement of Town_Drakenhof_Province (touches neighbouring region's color. moved settlement and garison)
    Game starts, errors still to fix:
    Code:
    13:49:17.508 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Rage_of_dark_Gods/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 3220, column 11
    Could'n find level name description string for trait(Queek) level(Queek).
    13:49:17.508 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Rage_of_dark_Gods/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 3221, column 17
    Could'n find description string for trait(Queek) level(Queek_desc).
    13:49:17.508 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Rage_of_dark_Gods/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 3222, column 28
    Could'n find effect description string for trait(Queek) level(Queek_effects_desc).

13:49:12.406 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Rage_of_dark_Gods/data/descr_engines.txt, at line 758, column 23
    wrong number of shots for the artillery unit, defaulting to 1

13:49:11.877 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Rage_of_dark_Gods/data/descr_projectile.txt, at line 2637, column 19
    non-valid angles for a rocket!
    13:49:11.877 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Rage_of_dark_Gods/data/descr_projectile.txt, at line 4087, column 19
    non-valid angles for a rocket!
    Which then leaves the script and some clean up. It will still take a day or two (or three) until I have a proper installer for upload.
    Last edited by Gigantus; December 24, 2015 at 02:44 AM.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

This version is outdated and will no longer be supported.

The new version (1.6) can be found here.