Thread: Most stable download? HELP!

havuk's Avatar Foederatus

Default Most stable download? HELP!

Hi, can someone point me in the right direction for downloading CoW 1.6? I would even take 1.5.1 if its more stable and less prone to crashing. Ive already downloaded gigantus 1.6 torrent and all the campaigns would CTD when starting a campaign (can't even move). Now I am currently downloading 1.5.1 from http://www.g4g.it/2014/03/18/call-of...total-war-mod/ to see if it would work.

Can someone also point me to be most complete/best english translation patches? I am just assuming the ones available here are the best but im new to this mod so I am just making sure by asking.

Also, are there any important steps I am missing when installing?
    I am using steam
    i delete the map.rwm files before installing
    anything else?

Default Re: Most stable download? HELP!

Hi havuk,
    The most stable version is gigantus 1.6 torrent, but you must apply the latest patches & fixes (and also it is the most supported version, as you can see every day comes a new bugfix for it)

havuk's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by TheEmperor View Post
    Hi havuk,
    The most stable version is gigantus 1.6 torrent, but you must apply the latest patches & fixes (and also it is the most supported version, as you can see every day comes a new bugfix for it)
    Hey there! I have already tried his torrent and applied all the necessary patches and fixes that were included in gigantus' 1.6 beta page but the campaign wouldn't even work for me (for all factions), now I able to play campaign using 1.5.1 but just crashed after the end of my first battle -_-. Can i ask what version you're currently using along with any small steps you did during installation that helps stability?

Majesticc's Avatar Foederatus

If you prefer a more stabler version than 1.6 you could try Gigantus' 1.5 version: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...e-Installation . For me it almost has no crashes at all, just make sure you follow the download and install instructions correctly

Personally i have both of Gig's versions installed and when i get sick of random crashes on 1.6 i start playing some 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by havuk View Post
    Hey there! I have already tried his torrent and applied all the necessary patches and fixes that were included in gigantus' 1.6 beta page but the campaign wouldn't even work for me (for all factions), now I able to play campaign using 1.5.1 but just crashed after the end of my first battle -_-. Can i ask what version you're currently using along with any small steps you did during installation that helps stability?
    I installed gigantus" RodG1.6 easy & painfree installation" as follow:
    1- a clean medieval 2 tw kingdoms ( with one campaign)
    2- patch kingdoms to 1.5
    3- install three parts of gig's RODG1.6
    4- install patch 1
    5- apply quckfixes (projectile & transition)
    6- click on TextEnglish icon on desktop
    7- play via shortcut on desktop
    (at the start of your campaign you must wait about 5 minutes untill the freeze gone)

If you have ctd post your log and description here "http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?705824-RodG-1-6-Easy-and-painfree-Installation"