Page 1 of 106 12345678910112651101 ... LastLast

Thread: RodG 1.5 - Easy and painfree Installation

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default RodG 1.5 - Easy and painfree Installation

This version is outdated and will no longer be supported.

The new version (1.6) can be found here.

Spoiler for for original post

Comments:

• Reduction in size on disk - 2.92GB (present = 9062MB)
    • Reduction in installer size - 0.24GB (present = 5140MB)
    • The installer has to be in three parts because more then 2GB size is not supported by the installer program.

Recommendation:

• To avoid problems with future patches and other modding related problems apply this tutorial from step 3 onward.

Content of download:

Installation:

1. Download the torrent file
    2. Run the torrent file with your preferred torrent client (size of installation set up: 15 files, 5.03GB)
    3. Run the EXE of part1 (DO files will be installed automatically)
    4. Run the EXE of part2 (DO files will be installed automatically)
    5. Run the EXE of part3 (DO files will be installed automatically)
    6. Download and install the patches and fixes
    7. Start the game

Remarks for installation:

• It should not be necessary to change the install directory unless it shows 'MyProduct' in the path. This means that the registry entry could not be found - either the registry is faulty or you are running a 64 bit system.
    • The installation path has to end in the M2TW main folder (...\Medieval II Total War), nowhere else! Do not cancel the installation unless you get an error message or your hard drive light has stopped flickering – some files are very big and it might appear that the installer is frozen. If ‘MyProduct’ shows in the path, point the installer to the main directory of M2TW, not the mods directory!

Attention Steam users - this mod is steam compatible and can be started with the desktop shortcut provided you have installed the patch and quick fix summary from the second post.

Download mirrors

1. Alternative 'regular' download of all files is available at infracta.de - 100kbs for guests, 500kbs for members
    2. Pre-installed complete download of all files, patches and fixes up to 23rd November 2012 is available at Totalwar-forum. Simply extract the four 7z files into the mod folder and create a desktop shortcut of the 'Executable.bat' file.

Details of the torrent:

• The original torrent is only hosted on my machine, not on any hosting site.

The way to do it Error reporting

The way to do it

1. General = Due to a drain on resources the error log has been set to 'error' - the lowest setting. To find errors that are not obvious in the 'error' log, kindly set your log to 'trace' and then compress and attach the error log after a crash.
    2. Finding the log = it will be in the ...\Medieval II Total War\logs folder
    3. Setting the log to trace = open Configuration.cfg (in the Rage_of_dark_Gods main folder) with Notepad. In the [log] section, remove the hash ( # ) in front of the trace line and add a hash in front of the error line, save. The log will become rather big, but compressing (7Zip is freeware) will reduce it to approximately 5-10% of it's original size.
    4. Please provide details what happens, when it happens and which version (see selection screen, 'Gig version') you are running

Version history:

1.1.00 - 22nd May 2012

• - Combined all previous patches and quick fixes
    • - enabled battle editor
    • - Added adapted patch 1.5.1 as follows:

fix CDT and weakens the minotaurs, ogres and trolls
    Eliminates the problems with broken saves.
    mortar crew shall not perish from their own shots.
    Weak some magicians.
    The error with impossibility to build camp of mercenaries in native cities of orks is corrected.
    Fixed bug with general's trait Sylvania - Necromancer.
    Steam-tank now alone in the squad.
    Introduced the antipathy between the captains of mercenaries. Now it is impossible to collect all accessible mercenaries in one campaign.
    New strategic model-orc settlements and citadels of the gods of Chaos.
    New models of ships on the strategic map.
    Added a strategic model Morgan Bernhard (removed from the Empire's strategic model of Warrior Priest Sigmar/Ulric).
    New models of DE-Sorceress (compare with the old) and Valkia The Bloody (thanks Kahvipannu).
    New textures for the Warrior Priests of Sigmar, Witch Hunters, Knights and Warriors of Chaos (thanks Kahvipannu).
    New models of Empire Archers (thanks Parmizan).
    New icons and descriptions for buildings of Kislev, and added missing description for the building of Chaos.
    Updated the strategic map. Now you can swim out to Sea of Claws to Sea of Chaos. Added a navigable river, which flows to the Uzkulak.
    Reworked script combining AI Chaos. Now all the provinces and the armies of the four gods at the time of unification, the depart Chaos Undivided.
    Removed the torches on the tactical map in units of undead and demons (thanks Galloper).
    The new unit of Norska - Berserkers is added (thanks FakeTwin).
    Notlob's added a new weapon - Mangonel.
    Updated textures Seekers of Slaanesh and now they do not like sweet pink Pokemon.
    Icons of units of some factions are updated.
    Now, most of the unique units, after their arrival can be hired (except for all the magicians, engineers, steam tank).
    Added diplomats all factions that can make alliances (as long as no new strategic models).
    Added scripts capture the rebel settlements at the start of the campaign, factions of the Empire and Kislev.
    Updated ReallyBadAI specifically for fashion (thanks Germanicu5).
    Changed the bodyguard Bronzino’s, now it is the protection of the cavalry.
    A new roller of hiring of Harbot.
    Previous Version History
    1.0.15 - 14th March 2012

Previous Version History

1.0.08 - 02nd March 2012

• - Corrected various fatal historic event errors
    • - Adjusted merchant recruiting
    • - Reduced siege engine fix by Galloper
    • - Added various factions to diplomacy 'speech'
    • - Updated 'export_descr_character_traits' from 1.5 Fix (changed value and triggers for 'necro')
    • - Updated 'faction_standing' from 1.5 Fix (completely new)
    • - Updated 'export_descr_unit' from 1.5 Fix (troll reduced stat_pri values)

1.0.01 - 29th February 2012

• - Corrected error with settlement textures

1.0.00 - 27th February 2012

• - Added userpro's 'Hide UI' script
    • - Reworked strat map ground textures
    • - Added Galloper's 'English Voices for CoW 1.5'
    • - Added English text by Beregond, Grand Admiral Thrawn, The Holy Pilgrim and Poxo
    • - Added Timorfey's Unit pics
    • - Added Kahvipannu's re-skinned settlements (beta)
    • - Removed 'vanilla' files
    • - Replaced blockset\textures files with my reduced set from CoW 1.4.4 (where not covered by Kahvipannu's reduced work)
    • - Major reduction in strat model texture sizes
    • - Major size reduction of ui\unit_info folder by using the 'info_pic_dir' entry in EDU
    • - Enlarged 'empty' settlement symbols
    • - Detailed faction maps
    • - Corrected minor formatting typos in text\export_units and text\names
    • - Enlarged radar maps for better details

Last edited by Gigantus; January 12, 2016 at 09:32 PM. Reason: made version redundant

Blog Entries

Default Patches and Quick Fixes

First install the patch(es)

Patches Patch 005 - (version 1.1.00) - 223MB

• - Combined all previous patches and quick fixes
    • - enabled battle editor
    • - Added adapted patch 1.5.1

Torrent download: download the torrent file, run it and then download as usual. Once completed run the EXE file (Rage of dark Gods patch 005). The second file will be automatically used\installed.
    Regular download: Download part1 and part2 (Media Fire), place them in one directory and then run the EXE file (Rage of dark Gods patch 005). The second file will be automatically used\installed.

And then the quickfixes in numerical order

Quick fixes All previous quick fixes have been combined into one easy installer. The following fixes are included:

• There has been delayed recruitment at the start of the game, due to a wrong sequence of buildings
    • The original projectiles for the Earth shaker cannon and the doom diver catapult are working now
    • The night Goblin faction is now playable in custom battles - they own the catapult
    • Fixes the texture for the Knight_Orden_blazing_sun model.
    • Removes duplicate triggers from EDA and EDCT.
    • Adds updated campaign_script kindly linked to by Merikallio
    • Updates Really Bad AI version in campaign_Script to 5.7
    • Allows start of mod for Steam users (and regular users) via desktop shortcut

Quickfix 20150725 RodG campaign_script

• Adds missing age entry to spawns, suspected of most of the crashes. Extract into the ...\mods\Rage_of_dark_Gods\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign folder

Optional stuff
    Optional These additional downloads are not mandatory

Last edited by Gigantus; July 25, 2015 at 04:53 AM. Reason: updated links

Default Re: RodG 1.5 - Easy and painfree Installation

Need seeds!
    90% of Teens make baseless assumptions about 90% of Teens. If you are one of the 10% that possess an ability for critical thinking, you probably know these statistics aren't true.

Blog Entries

I just started 30 minutes ago, be patient, it's the initial seed as mentioned in the OP:

My bandwidth isn't very big, it might take a while the first day or two until the download (initial seeding) is finished.
    Uploading at 45 kbps...

Thanks Gigantus, you made me very happy. I'll try to seed as much as possible to show my support. Cheers!

This is pure awesomeness. This is the work of mighty one, our sweetest, our favourite...how much Gigantus loves us, how much Gigantus loves his little followers...

-Insane scribblings written in the entrails of a still living man, after he had pulled them out with his bare hands.

Last edited by Mr.InTeLeX; February 27, 2012 at 09:30 AM.

mckain666's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.InTeLeX View Post
    This is pure awesomeness. This is the work of mighty one, our sweetest, our favourite...how much Gigantus loves us, how much Gigantus loves his little followers...

-Insane scribblings written in the entrails of a still living man, after he had pulled them out with his bare hands.

what he said.... and again Gigantus thank you so!!!much!!!!!

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Thanks a lot Gigantus!

NekoGenijalan's Avatar Unruffled Equanimity

GIGANTUS to the rescue! Thanks man you are a legend!!!

Blog Entries

Please be patient with the initial download - right now the initial seeding is at 12% with about thirty people downloading. Don't forget it's a little over 5GB and at my ridiculously low bandwidth this will take a while.
    Once the seeding is over the speed should rocket, depending on other members bandwidth.

Krystoforos's Avatar Biarchus

yeah, 3h and 11.2% downloaded... by the way thanks for your work Gigantus. Nice to see such guardian angel above this mod

Bucle_CT's Avatar Semisalis

Thanks for the work Gig!!

Now downloadinbg, will seed with my 50 Mbps bandwidth connection

Blog Entries

That is indeed welcome news, stay the course, it might take a while.

Vice's Avatar Biarchus

This is now the best day ever! Will seed once done to give everyone the chance of playing due to the awesomeness of Gig!

Need...more...seeds...!
    Last edited by Vice; February 27, 2012 at 10:20 PM.

Blog Entries

Patch Notice - 001

While reducing and converting Kahvipannu's re-skinned settlements an error occurred with the converter which leads to a crash in siege battles. Check the second post for patch 001 to fix this issue.

mckain666's Avatar Libertus

download speed 24.3 kb/s upload speed 80.6 kb/s its bin 24/her and only 42% dun not so bad eh..........

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mckain666 View Post
    download speed 24.3 kb/s upload speed 80.6 kb/s its bin 24/her and only 42% dun not so bad eh..........
    I know, I feel with you guys. Just imagine how long it took me last time to upload 1.4.4 (not to count the multiple uploads because some were corrupted).

I am going to do a reboot of my machine before I go to bed (after 22:00 here now), hopefully that will improve the speed a bit.

I have one question. Is this planned to be compatible with newer versions of ReallyBadAI?

Blog Entries

How would I plan for that? This one has got Germanicu5's battle AI if I remember correctly.

If somebody wants to integrate the Really Bad AI then he\she is most welcome, I am just going to make sure this version runs as smooth as possible - text based sub mods are just asking for unnecessary pain, I am quite happy to leave that pain to whoever designs the sub mod.

This installation is purposely kept in a different path\folder then the original - it avoids problems and mix ups, so please keep that in mind if you are installing other stuff on top of it later.

hour ago downloaded it with 1 mb/s speed, took about 30 mins, but there was an error, cant install it. so deleted it and started to download it again..and now speed is 2 kb/s sometimes it ups to 700 kb/s, but only for a second, than drops low again any tips how to improve the speed at least a bit?