Thread: Look Alike Factions

Default Look Alike Factions

Curious to know about some of the Factions -- the 'look alike' factions, specifically.

Russia - Lithunia
    Poland - Georgia
    Novgorod - Bulgaria

-- they basically use the same colours as each other, and are nearly perfect mirrors of each other in terms of units.

Is it easy to distinguish these factions from each other on the battle map / campaign map... It wouldn't seem like a big deal if they were used in different locations but they all kind of border on each other and have all the same colours/units....

Also - do the foot Polish Nobles / Foot Boyar Sons -- they have javelins, do these guys actually work? If they enter in melee do they actually switch to swords because ,, i've seen this b4 only they had 'invisible' secondary weapons.

p.s. -- the reason I am reluctant to just download and find myself is that, downloading is not easy for me - it involves having to use a usb stick on my notebook and taking it home to my gaming PC etc (my game pc at home is not on the net)

Default Re: Look Alike Factions

Hi PrestigeX

The reason why some of the above mentioned factions look similar is to preserve the Eastern European style as CA envisioned them. For the same reason, for example, you’ll find the Iberian factions (Portugal, Aragon, and Castile) or the Scandinavian factions (Norway, Sweden, and Denmark) look similar.

With the exception of Poland and Georgia, which will unlikely ever meet, factions do not have the same colors. I don’t think you’ll experience any issue with color or positioning when playing any of the 30 playable factions.

The BattleAxe faction roster has been redressed and includes almost every unit from Kingdoms. They may look similar but is so intended while keeping balancing, tech-tree advancement, and cultural differences in mind.

The dismounted Polish Nobles and Boyar Sons primary and secondary weapons function. Their models actually come from their mounted version. (n.b. every unit was tested before release.)

The BattleAxe installer comes in at 230MB. It’s a small package with a lot of punch.

Enjoy the game.
    brandybarrel's BattleAxe and Unit Guide Links:

Default Re: Look Alike Factions

Quote Originally Posted by brandybarrel View Post
    Hi PrestigeX

The reason why some of the above mentioned factions look similar is to preserve the Eastern European style as CA envisioned them. For the same reason, for example, you’ll find the Iberian factions (Portugal, Aragon, and Castile) or the Scandinavian factions (Norway, Sweden, and Denmark) look similar.

With the exception of Poland and Georgia, which will unlikely ever meet, factions do not have the same colors. I don’t think you’ll experience any issue with color or positioning when playing any of the 30 playable factions.

The BattleAxe faction roster has been redressed and includes almost every unit from Kingdoms. They may look similar but is so intended while keeping balancing, tech-tree advancement, and cultural differences in mind.

The dismounted Polish Nobles and Boyar Sons primary and secondary weapons function. Their models actually come from their mounted version. (n.b. every unit was tested before release.)

The BattleAxe installer comes in at 230MB. It’s a small package with a lot of punch.

Enjoy the game.
    Thank you for the detailed response.

I will definantly give it a try, I've been looking for a 'grand campaign' style mod since I recently bought kingdoms expansion & B.A. looks right for me =)