Thread: Distance to Capital

Default Distance to Capital

Hey guys. Been a while since I've posted on this forum. I tried searching for a topic relevant to what I'm looking for, but couldn't find anything.

Is there anything I can do to tweak ROP so that the distance to a nation's capital isn't so punishing for the larger empires?

Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze's Avatar Occasio mihi fertur

Default Re: Distance to Capital

I suppose it could be countered with traits...
    Would actually be cool if that trait would only be assigned when the empire's faction leader has high influence/management. That way, the effect of a leader on the cohesion of his empire could be represented really nicely.

Spike's Avatar Primicerius

btw, it's the ROP having too low on building bonuses, but it's a challange not an oversight

Annokerate Koriospera Yuinete Kuliansa

Yeah I get that. But it just seems odd in my opinion. Some empires in history have stretched all around the world and not had the same distance issues as RTW based mods. I'm not challenging their idea, or asking them to change it in the next release. I just want to know if it can be changed on my end.

open export_descr_buildings.txt in rop modfolder, and give double bonus for all buildings will do

Thanks for that. Much appreciated.

btw, it's the ROP having too low on building bonuses, but it's a challange not an oversight
    That also unbalances economy to an extent, since building bonuses are dependant upon population and the placement of the province. Traits do not have this problem

Quote Originally Posted by Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze View Post
    That also unbalances economy to an extent, since building bonuses are dependant upon population and the placement of the province. Traits do not have this problem
    . So you're saying I shouldn't do this then?

Edit: Doesn't matter. I looked at the file and it's loaded with stuff. I have no idea which part to change the bonuses on, as "bonus" appears in the text thousands of times.
    Last edited by kdub22; March 02, 2012 at 11:47 PM.

put aside tax and trade bonus, public order are, afaik, not, so source?

the question is: traits are governor-dependent

buildings are not governor dependent

put aside tax and trade bonus, public order are, afaik, not, so source?
    This sentences doesn't make much sense to me. Could you rephrase, please?
    edit: Oh, you mean, the public order bonii not being affected by population size? That's true. I thought you meant doubling all building bonii - not just public order - when you said that. Then I stand corrected; your solution is certainly a very valid one, especially as a temporary fix. Still, I think you should take into consideration the second part of this post.
    the question is: traits are governor-dependent
    edit: oh wait, you mean as in, the public order bonii given by buildings are not affected by the pop size? That's true. I thought you meant by doubling the building bonus that you'd also double all the trade and tax bonii. If that's not the case, then fine. I still think you should take into consideration the second part of this post.
    buildings are not governor dependent
    And don't you agree that such a thing as distance-to-capital should, in fact, be governor dependant? After all, in history, the more loyal and competent the governor, the more happy and productive the province. The less loyal and competent governor, the more unhappy and separatist the province.
    Last edited by Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze; March 03, 2012 at 12:17 PM.

That's all great. But can you guys please tell me which part of the file I'd need to edit, and with what? The first answer was a little general and kind of vague. There's a lot of stuff in that file.

And don't you agree that such a thing as distance-to-capital should, in fact, be governor dependant? After all, in history, the more loyal and competent the governor, the more happy and productive the province. The less loyal and competent governor, the more unhappy and separatist the province.
    that's tryue, but keep in mind, editing EDCT is way harder than EDB