Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Latest RC2.0 files

Default Re: Latest RC2.0 files

okay, cool! I hope you do it soon!

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

I hate to be a pain, k/t, but would you mind reuploading the file, again?

It seems that gamefront has removed the file, again.

Will this work with Battle of the Baltic? Ah, I will try it out anyway. Worst case scenario, install everything again

Let's hope my gunners are any more effective then in SS6.4 vanilla.

In forward, thanks for the effort nonetheless, I know most of you guys try to be as unbiased as possible in this.
    It's impossible for anyone to not stay biased in a huge mod with that many units and factions like this.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Much appreciated

BFTB introduces new units, so you can't use the same EDU. However, you can use the RC guide to establish proper stats for the new units and you can use the animations for all of them, but changes to the BMDB will be necessary.

Apani's Avatar Senator

Hey, can somebody gently reupload this? I'd really like the additional animations.

Apani's Avatar Senator

Many thanks. Do you know any tutorial to add those animations to a mod?

I have looked at the RC 2.0 MEDIEVAL guide and at export_descr_unit and the armors don't make sense to me. Many units have armour_ug_levels that don't exist in the RC 2.0 guide. How can for example Gothic Knights have armour_ug_levels 38, 40, 43 when the highest armour level in the RC 2.0 guide is 27 (Greater Armor Thickness). Can someone please explain?

Apani's Avatar Senator

There is this written in the RC 2.0 Guide:

Code:
    M2TW ARMOR UPGRADE LEVELS EXPLAINED
    -----------------------------------
    Note that in the MASTER ARMOR TABLE above the Upgrade Level ranges from 0-27, but that for example in export_descr_units the French Feudal Knight's armour_ug_levels is armour_ug_levels 11, 17, 22, 37. In the table above, that is Heavy Mail->Breastpate->Improved Metallurgy->?
    In fact there are 43 levels (defined in expanded.text), because the upper-class fighting men have a 10-25 year 'window' to use this new technology before it becomes more commonplace. The following table is therefore in approximately chronological order. In this case 
    The French Feudal Knights armour_ug_levels 11, 17, 22, 37 is Heavy Mail->Coat of Plates->Partial Plate->Improved Metallurgy. Note that the Coat of plates (#17) predates the coat of plates used by the more common fighting man (#19) by about 15 years, and the partial plate the same.
    0}None
    1}Leather
    2}Padded
    3}Leather Lamellar
    4}Light Brigandine
    5}Light Lamellar
    6}Partial Light Mail
    7}Light Mail
    8}Buff Coat
    9}Lamellar
    10}Partial Heavy Mail
    11}Heavy Mail
    12}Lamellar
    13}Partial Heavy Mail
    14}Heavy Mail
    15}Brigandine
    16}Brigandine
    17}Coat of Plates
    18}Heavy Lamellar
    19}Coat of Plates
    20}Heavy Lamellar
    21}Heavy Brigandine
    22}Partial Plate
    23}Heavy Brigandine
    24}Partial Plate
    25}Breastplate
    26}Breastplate
    27}Heavy Splint
    28}Late Lamellar
    29}Late Brigandine
    30}Full Plate
    31}Heavy Splint
    32}Late Lamellar
    33}Late Brigandine
    34}Full Plate
    35}Renaissance Half Plate
    36}Renaissance Half Plate
    37}Improved Metallurgy
    38}Gothic Plate
    39}Gothic Plate
    40}Advanced Metallurgy
    41}Renaissance 3-Quarter Plate
    42}Renaissance 3-Quarter Plate
    43}Increased Armor Thickness
    So, they have Gothic Plate -> Advanced Metallurgy -> Increased Armour Thickness.

Thanks, Apani!

Somehow my RC 2.0 Guide doesn't have this explanation included. I downloaded it from the link provided by k/t in post #70 above. Can you please attach a the full RC 2.0 Guide that you have?

I don't mean to be picky (I really like RC and especially RC 2.0 and that's the reason why I care to look into it in depth) but I will be for the reason explained in the parantesis.
    After checking the explanation for the armor upgrade levels and comparing with some units from EDU the following question has formed in my mind. How can Lancers have armour_ug_levels 38, 40 and a total armour of 28 at the beginning i.e. before any upgrades at armour level 38?
    When dissecting the armor value of 28 we get: 28-1=27 after accounting for superior late professional. Then 27-8=19 after stripping off the french armored horse bonus. This leaves us with an armor value of 19 points which corresponds to armour_ug_level 38. Check in the table: armour_ug_level 38 is Gothic Plate. But the armor value of Gothic Plate is 15 armor points. So there is a difference of 4 unaccounted points. These points seem to be two levels of upgrades given that at each level of upgrade the game engine gives about 2 points to the armor.
    So now there are two possibilities. Either in this case the Improved Metallurgy (+2 points) and Advanced Metallurgy (+2 points) are included into this particular Gothic Plate under the disguise of armour_ug_level 38 for some reason or Improved Metallurgy cannot be added to Gothic Plate because it is assigned to a lower smith level. That would make sense because logically, how can you upgrade something from smith level 6 with smith level 5? But then the previously mentioned unaccounted 4 armor points have to be explained with Advanced Metallurgy (+2 points) and Increased Armor Thickness (+2 points). But that leaves no space for any armor upgrade beyond the starting armor level due to lack to higher armor levels.

Another mystery here is that the upgraded armor of Lancers is at armour_ug_level 40 which translates to Advanced Metallurgy and negates both of the possible explanations mentioned above.
    As far as I can see a non-feudal or bodyguard unit can have a maximum armor value of 28, which is what Lancers have from the beginning. So basically there seem to be 4 unaccounted armor points for the Lancers at their starting armour_ug_level 38.

Another example: Gothic Knights. Going in the opposite direction here tt isha from bottom upwards we have Gothic Armor 15 + armored horse 8 + superior feudal 1 (or elite feudal 2 - if it has been changed from superior to elite) = 24 (or 25 for elite). With armour_ug_levels 40, 43 as upgradable levels, the unaccounted 2 armor points must be explained with Improved Metallurgy being included in Gothic Plate. But that's strange because why not give Gothic Plate armor value of 17 instead of 15 from the beginning?

By the way, can a Gothic Plate be upgraded to Advanced Metallurgy and/or Greater Armor Thickness of they all are in the same armor smith level 6?

I know that I'm asking a lot of questions but I'm just trying to understand this system. I like how it integrates all the units in somewhat realistinc way without making them all have too similar stats. I hope that someone can tell me if I have missed something or maybe the EDU is still incomplete.

Apani's Avatar Senator

The latest guide is at the end of this thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Update/page46

As for your questions on armours... Well, Armour system is a chimera for me as well, but there is an additional +1 to most Armours from Jack Underpadding.

Yup, the stats are a bit mysterious now.
    Thanks for the link.

Gothic Plate 15 + French Armoured Horse 8 + Improved Metallurgy 2 + Greater Armour Thickness 2 + Late Professional 1 = 28

This leaves Advanced Metallurgy as an upgrade.

Gothic Knights are Superior but they have Elite equipment.

Gothic Plate 15 + Armoured Horse 8 + Improved Metallurgy 2 + Elite Feudal 2 = 27

This leaves Greater Armour Thickness and Advanced Metallurgy as upgrades.

"But that's strange because why not give Gothic Plate armor value of 17 instead of 15 from the beginning?"

Because not all units who have Gothic Plate have Improved Metallurgy, Greater Armour Thickness and Advanced Metallurgy. Some have the "basic" Gothic Plate.

"By the way, can a Gothic Plate be upgraded to Advanced Metallurgy and/or Greater Armor Thickness of they all are in the same armor smith level 6?"

Yes, because the upgrades are unlocked by events, so you don't get all of them at once, even if you build the right smith.

This is the latest guide, although I'm not crazy about Point Blank's addition of 1 to armour values to show the padded jack.
    Attached Files Attached Files

The last EDU PB uploaded.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    The last EDU PB uploaded.
    Tell me k/t, is this the one that is being used with the latest Stainless Steel?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast