Thread: A 'proposal' for an AAR

Stívarđr Reynitré's Avatar Domesticus

Icon2 A 'proposal' for an AAR

What would be the greatest concern, possibly even obstacle, to the creation of an AAR that combines the maps, politics and tactics of Crusader Kings 2 and the raw visceral battles of Stainless Steel?

For example, I would use all of the diplomacy, screenies, maps, vassals, etc, etc from Crusader Kings to deal with the intrigue, character development and plot and then facilitate the custom battles of Stainless Steel to produce battle screenies, character visuals and scene setting.

I realise it might be a nightmare task, and perhaps I would bite off more than I could chew - but, in principal...initial thoughts as a hypothetical proposal?

Default Re: A 'proposal' for an AAR

I think this is doable. It is not very difficult to set up a few custom battles in SS, especially if you only do it for screenshots. And if you don't want more than a few for each battle, you should be doing fine.
    Interesting proposal by the way, good luck with it!

Sounds interesting. Like Radzeer said if you're only going to use SS to take pictures of men whacking/charging at other men then it should work just fine.
    The Wings of Destiny - A FotS AAR (Chapter 12 - Updated Apr 24)
    Takeda - a Shogun 2 AAR (Completed) Reviewed by Radzeer

My writing | My art | About me | Sekigahara Campaign - Developer

~~Under the proud patronage of Radzeer, Rogue Bodemloze. Patron of Noif de Bodemloze, Heiro de Bodemloze, and Hitai de Bodemloze~~

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

I think if you want do it... go for it! If its something you want do, and like doing then the extra difficulties shouldn't be a problem

THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE

Oxode's Avatar Tiro
    Mississauga,Ontario,Canada,North America,Atmosphere,Earth,Milky Way Galaxy

Seems like a good idea, I have both Crusader Kings II and Medieval II Total War, but I'm busy with a AAR of my own, so you can give it a shot