Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hellenic: Total War mod!

Default Hellenic: Total War mod!

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hellenic: Total War
    Compatibility: v.2.01/Steam
    Last known version: v3.1 Beta
    Release year: 2004

Creators/credits: The Gerousia Team (as listed...)
    Chief Moderator: Count Zimoa of Flanders
    Chief Programmer: Komninos
    Co-Programmer: sir Moody
    Chief Designer: Flip
    Chief Architect: Antalis
    Chief Historian: Rosacrux

Special thanks: Macsen Rufus, ROC, Duke John, Reiksmarchal, Dimeolas and
    the Lordz collective.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

What ever happened to the Hellenic TW mod for MTW? It looks like it disappeared from history! For those of
    you who don't know what I'm talking about, it was a mod that brought classical antiquity to MTW! Here's the
    download links, courtesy of Stazi...

Hellenic Total War
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/5vrqzh...War+Full_1.zip

Hellenic Total War - patch
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/77518s...tch+add-on.zip

Hellenic Total War - music pack
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/jrkoak...1.0+add-on.zip
    Last edited by Axalon; November 10, 2018 at 04:18 PM. Reason: update & info...
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected. - G.K. CHESTERTON

Default Re: What ever happened to...

It works guys! Check out the screenshots I've attached below! If you need any help with the installation let me know. This is a great mod!

EDIT: Sorry for double post!
    Last edited by atheniandp; February 26, 2012 at 06:01 PM.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected. - G.K. CHESTERTON

Kylan271's Avatar Domesticus

I did not know this existed,lol. Appreciate the find! Rep.

Thank you, and yes, this mod is from way back in 2004. I remember seeing screenshots back then, and the elephant units especially intrigued me.

More news on mod: I've played a bit of the geometric campaign without a CTD. The campaign is playable after all. But don't expect it to be flawless, you may encounter CTDs. Hopefully someone can release a patch to fix those instances. I should of made the post title more noticeable, but I didn't even realize this mod still existed.
    Last edited by atheniandp; February 26, 2012 at 06:01 PM.

Default Re: Hellenic:Total War mod!

Nice to see mods such as HTW still get some press over here on TWC. The mod is still hosted at the Org (download link here: http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...-Download-Link, which I believe is the final version). Anyway, this is where I got my version, and it works fine. The order I used was: Hellenic Total War Full.zip + HTW Music Pack v1.0. add-on.zip + HTW add-on Patch.zip

Happy playing! And thanks, atheniandp, for dusting HTW off in this neck of the woods.

Oh wow, fantastic! This mod is great, playing it reminds me of the excellence of MTW battles and battle AI.How I did a google search and overlooked the org, I do not know. For a minute there I felt like a mod archaeologist.

Excellent find, guys! Not only the Battle AI was excellent in MTW, but also the campaign AI worked much better.

Thanks a lot for bringing this to light again.

To be fair, I think the MTW campaign was pretty linear so it's a lot easier for the AI to manage. But yes, it is better on the drawn map than on the RTW/M2TW engine.

I think what is distinguished the most is the battles. The battlefields are a LOT bigger than the RTW ones, so there's more space to maneuver. Which is something the AI actually does. The AI is able to split its battle line up into three parts in order to flank the player. It takes advantages of hills and forests as defensive positions. The AI battle formation are also not as predictable as RTW.

Unit movement also seems a lot more fluid than RTW as well. I can't tell exactly what it is, but the difference is quite apparent.

I didn't play HTW extensively, but I enjoyed the time I spent on it. Probably my favorite MTW mod after XL.
    "Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." - Pascal

Some pics from the beginning of my campaign as the Lydians. Nothing too impressive, but thought I'd share anyway.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I likey. I will try and post some screens once I get the time to play. So many great mods to play for MTW, RTW, and M2TW, yet so little time. Now that I think about it, I can't recall the last time I've EVER finished a TW campaign!

I love the unit skins, with MTW units still look great when completely zoomed out, something I miss in the newer releases.

Quote Originally Posted by atheniandp View Post
    I likey.
    Thanks.
    I will try and post some screens once I get the time to play. So many great mods to play for MTW, RTW, and M2TW, yet so little time. Now that I think about it, I can't recall the last time I've EVER finished a TW campaign!
    I hear ya. So many mods, so little time. I sample pretty much anything that looks halfway decent, but very rarely have the time to get caught up in long campaign.
    I love the unit skins, with MTW units still look great when completely zoomed out, something I miss in the newer releases.
    Yeah, they really outdid themselves there. Even in their pixelated simplicity, they look better than Medieval 2 sprites. I love the aesthetics of the MTW –– which is basically Shogun 1 –– interface. You can have either the battle map or the campaign map up on your screen and feel you're looking at a work of art. Agreed that it's just not the same with the newer titles. It seems there are fewer and fewer of us left who appreciate the good, old style.

Looking forward to whatever screenies you find the time to post. You've already taken some good ones, though.

Indefinitely Banned
    Fremont, California, USA (From Iași, Romania)

8-years old mod - STILL ALIVE!

Some elephants in custom battle. Would also like to mention that using the ian command will allow you to play a hotseat campaign in this mod as well. Makes you wonder why on earth they took out this feature in RTW...

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Is this for Shogun or Medieval? Those graphics look...ancient...

Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Just tried to play it, but it says i am using the wrong CD-ROM. Anyone know how to fix this?

Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Chris View Post

It's for MTW. It is ancient by computer game standards.. but that doesn't mean it can't give any other TW game a run for its money.

Just tried to play it, but it says i am using the wrong CD-ROM. Anyone know how to fix this?
    Did you install it on top of an unmodded Viking Invasion? Did you follow all the instructions?

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Yes. I reinstalled twice, but it still would not work.

Not sure what the problem may be, I'm not exactly too savvy with these things. I still can't get some RTW mods to work, like Classical Age TW. Let's hope someone else can help.

Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Chris View Post

Well, it is eight years old. Also, this mod actually improves on a lot of things graphic-wise, so...

Quote Originally Posted by skynet464 View Post
    And you have the Viking Invasion CD in your disk-drive and not one of the other CDs?

Btw, Atheniandp, nice elephants! It'll be even more exciting to come across them in-game.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast