Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Implementing Marian Reforms in M2TW

Default Re: Implementing Marian Reforms in M2TW

Is there a way to change general's battle model due to reform?

Not directly, but I believe there are scripts that can do that, so all you'd need to do is 'synchronise' them with the reforms. I'm not much of an expert in M2 scripting...

EDIT: See below.
    Last edited by Aradan; May 30, 2012 at 03:20 PM.

Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5

It's only possible to change strat models and heir/leader battle models with a script.

Juanjo1420's Avatar Foederatus

Hi, I just use it on Americas Campaign changing southern european to roman in all files and copying all the culture folder of the original Medieval to Americas directory with the correct names on the images and the folder, but it doesn't work, when I try to enter on campaign I just get a CTD without any advice on errors log. Maybe when I change the culture on a Kingdoms directory some file of the original are missing and stay on southern european?

Regards

Plus Ultra - A better Americas Campaign

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Check my tutorial to see what you may have missed. Tip: don't replace a culture (especially the default one**), add a new one for the purpose of the reform. Then assign factions to it.

** see this file as well: descr_ui_buildings.txt and the portrait redirects in descr_cultures.txt
    Last edited by Gigantus; May 06, 2020 at 09:44 PM.

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

This is something I'd really like to implement into Tsardoms because we have late bodyguards for several factions. Is there some way that I can make the marian reforms trigger at a specific date (1450, Gothic event)?

Blog Entries

Looking at the conditions required it would be a bit difficult if you follow the default principle:

1. a faction that belongs to the 'roman' culture controls a region with the 'italy' hidden resource
    2. and upgrades its settlement to 'huge city'

You should be able** force the building of the upgrade provided the settlement is owned by a faction with the roman culture, use one monitor per desired settlement, make sure the settlement has the required hidden resource in descr_regions:
    Code:
    ; --- checking for 'natural' Reform ---
    monitor_event SettlementTurnStart [settlement]
        if I_EventCounter marian_triggered = 1                ; checking if reform was already triggered
            terminate_monitor                                ; terminating if triggered
        end_if
        and SettlementBuildingExists = huge_stone_wall            ; huge city is there
        and I_TurnNumber > [value]                            ; turn to trigger
        and I_SettlementOwner [settlement] [faction]        ; settlement is owned by desired faction
        set_event_counter marian_triggered = 1                ; setting reform as triggered
        terminate_monitor
    end_monitor

; --- forcing Reform
    monitor_event SettlementTurnStart [settlement]
        if I_EventCounter marian_triggered = 1                ; checking if reform was already triggered
            terminate_monitor                                ; terminating if triggered
        end_if
        and SettlementBuildingExists > wooden_pallisade    ; making sure it's not a castle
        and not SettlementBuildingExists = huge_stone_wall        ; making sure it's not already a huge city
        and I_TurnNumber > [value]                            ; turn to trigger
        and I_SettlementOwner [settlement] [faction]            ; settlement is owned by desired faction
        console_command create_building [settlement] huge_stone_wall    ; create the upgrade
        set_event_counter marian_triggered = 1                ; setting reform as triggered
        terminate_monitor
    end_monitor
    ** not sure if core buildings can be created via console command, needs testing
    Last edited by Gigantus; January 26, 2021 at 10:53 PM.

We have the necessary commands to trigger the Marian Reforms automatically. All that's need for it to be clean is a dummy faction with the roman culture and a spare settlement somewhere on the map that can't be captured normally. Third Age Total War has just the thing in the form of a "wastelands" region with an inaccessible settlement in the corner of the map. Simply make this region the only one with the italy HR, and then use console commands capture_settlement and upgrade_settlement during the dummy faction's turn. This triggers the reform event. Then use surrender regions to kill the dummy faction and end their turn. An instance of set_faction_undiscovered is probably called for here to prevent the dummy faction from showing up in the rankings scroll.

Creating the core buildings is not necessary and won't result in the settlement being upgraded. Only the upgrade_settlement command can do that.

Blog Entries

Ah, thanks about the upgrade details. Nice work around with a dummy faction as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12