Thread: FOTS-Obnoxiously Overpowered Economy?

Default FOTS-Obnoxiously Overpowered Economy?

Same recipe every game.

Get as many metsuke guys (the ones that can assasinate and control the populace, bribe, etc). One of their level 6 abilities gives +1 happiness clan wide. So if you build them up from the beginning you will get +5 happiness global which helps tremendously, it means at least 1-2 ultimate tier economic buildings per province.

Blitzkrieg up until 14-18 provinces, or earlier if you come across one that has a gunsmith/blacksmith.

Upgrade blacksmith all the way, get training camp> firing range, upgrade all the way infantry and cannon buildings.

Min/Max economy on all other provinces, you might want a police station and an inn for happiness control. When in happiness surplus, upgrade inn to market and get cottage industry, farms past commercial farming if fertile, trading ports, etc.

By around turn 120. I am rolling on 20k per turn. With 4-5 full stacks, all from the blacksmith province. It becomes a roflstomp afterwards I usually lose interest. The cannons get around 90 accuracy off the factory. And if you add a lvl 5 foreign veteran with the accuracy and reload skills as well as the general... well; you will hardly lose more than 30 men per battle. Right now its about run 190 on VH, and I'm rolling on 55k a turn lol with 3 maxed out navies, 6 all out stacks... lol

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

Default Re: FOTS-Obnoxiously Overpowered Economy?

Holy !

I should have done this!
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

Sir Winston Churchill's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Satsuma will be so much easier now.

Links to any anti-developer or anti-publisher campaigns are not tolerated on these forums. Any such links will be removed and (most probably) the poster of the link banned.... Please be advised that any information uploaded or transmitted by visitors to Sega becomes the property of Sega. Sega reserves the right to... modify... or delete any of this information at any time and for any reason without notice.
    — CA trying to prevent dissent on their forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalminar View Post
    My statements are correct by virtue of me saying them. Additional proof is not required.

Quote Originally Posted by Rond View Post
    Same recipe every game.

Get as many metsuke guys (the ones that can assasinate and control the populace, bribe, etc). One of their level 6 abilities gives +1 happiness clan wide. So if you build them up from the beginning you will get +5 happiness global which helps tremendously, it means at least 1-2 ultimate tier economic buildings per province.

Blitzkrieg up until 14-18 provinces, or earlier if you come across one that has a gunsmith/blacksmith.

Upgrade blacksmith all the way, get training camp> firing range, upgrade all the way infantry and cannon buildings.

Min/Max economy on all other provinces, you might want a police station and an inn for happiness control. When in happiness surplus, upgrade inn to market and get cottage industry, farms past commercial farming if fertile, trading ports, etc.

By around turn 120. I am rolling on 20k per turn. With 4-5 full stacks, all from the blacksmith province. It becomes a roflstomp afterwards I usually lose interest. The cannons get around 90 accuracy off the factory. And if you add a lvl 5 foreign veteran with the accuracy and reload skills as well as the general... well; you will hardly lose more than 30 men per battle. Right now its about run 190 on VH, and I'm rolling on 55k a turn lol with 3 maxed out navies, 6 all out stacks... lol
    How do you get so many pronvinces early?

Kinda hard with the happiness thing and enemy navies

Assuming a force big and tough enough to take that many provinces will limit your navy

Try playing Republic if you want more of a challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by leeo268 View Post
    Try playing Republic if you want more of a challenge.
    I'm like a seasoned veteran of these games, so when I say its a recipe, its a YUMMY recipe.

And when I say blitzkrieg on provinces, I don't mean taking one province per turn for the first 14 turns. But maybe achieve that province range within the first 60-80 turn. You also have to do a lot of siege defend battles to win those 25% win chance battles.

Quote Originally Posted by lemondude View Post
    How do you get so many pronvinces early?

Kinda hard with the happiness thing and enemy navies

Assuming a force big and tough enough to take that many provinces will limit your navy
    Getting the metsuke people helps a great deal with me, as you advance them with your army. I might have even two of them converting the captured provinces at a time; to decrease the happiness penalty as fast as possible. And as a start, a police and an inn in every city for the +2 happiness, cheaper than the castle upgrades. In fact, I can hardly think when NOT to get a police station. Even with this build, at a fully maxed town, I always have a building slot left, which can be used for defense towers for those annoying omgwtfbbq backstabs or if you decide to claim yourself absolute ruler of japan instead of imperial or shogunate.

I always focus on town growth myself, and I think in my Tosa campaign with still about 6 or 5 years left (Long campaign), I'm making about 30,000+ a turn from 12ish provinces. It does make the early game really rough though, because I'm not bringing in much koku for several years. Probably not the best idea on a Short campaign.

Wolfcp11's Avatar Senator

Yeah, I've reached a similar point in my Chosu campaign, I own all of southern mianland Japan to Kyoto and the islands are full of my vassals (didn't want to bother having to micromanage, and with the side bonus of delaying realm divide). My tech level and bonuses from my recruitment province let my armies steamroll any opposition. I just cannot bring myself to work all the way to Edo. I have over 100k saved up and 30k income/turn. I think that the game is wayyyyy to easy once you reach a break-even point. Before that point it is extremely hard, but even on hard or legendary its a cakewalk afer you've secured a decent powerbase
    "Quotation is a serviceable substitute for wit." -Oscar Wilde

I did that with the green Shogunate faction. Had about 2 million in the bank when I went republic. All provinces had gatling gun towers and 3/4th level castle upgrades. Still got curbstomped. Couldn't produce and transport units fast enough as anything within range of the coast was bombarded

Shabby_Ronin's Avatar Primicerius

You mean the shinsengumi or whatever and picking shogun's hand?
    "...I'll look for something else. We're surrounded by water. Why are we eating knob?"