Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Speculation over the future

Default Re: Speculation over the future

In my opinion, the last think CA need to figure out before attempting Victoria Total War is representing the sprawling cities of the era on the battle map.

Stupid question: when can we expect the first official announcements about the next TW title?
    I mean, how long did it last in the last few years until an announcement was made after the last release?

Sol Invictus's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Kraut View Post
    Stupid question: when can we expect the first official announcements about the next TW title?
    I mean, how long did it last in the last few years until an announcement was made after the last release?
    Probably sometime this Summer we will get some hints and by Fall we will most likely have specific info. Release will probably be about this time next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Sol Invictus View Post
    Probably sometime this Summer we will get some hints and by Fall we will most likely have specific info. Release will probably be about this time next year.
    it seems to me the more logical. announcements before e3 and a release a few months later. I took time comparing announcements dates and release dates: impossible to predict anything. med2 WA released rapidly after announcement, empire far more later. I think now with Sega and all they're going full marketing: e3 announcements maybe a teaser then months of awful wait, with the release of very little in a very big time period
    "Stop quoting laws we carry swords" G. Pompeius

Thank you both for the quick reply!

Well, it seems we have to wait and see. Any plans to infiltrate spies into CA headquarters? Ninja, anybody?

Sol Invictus's Avatar Domesticus

I guess the only thing that is for certain is that CA is already well into developement. Where is a good Shinobi when you need one?

Radiso-FIN's Avatar Campidoctor

Now that I've actually played FotS, it really makes me feel (and want) that the next full TW game might set in Victorian/Imperialism era. There are simply so many things and features in FotS that could be easily implemented and used in a game set in the same time period, but in global setting. Althought there are so many things that CA should take into consideration when making such game, I think CA could come up with a pretty decent product considering how the TW games have developed for the past few years.

Rome 2 would certainly be welcome too, but there are already so many excellent mods for RTW and some mods coming to M2TW featuring the same time period.

Sir Furlong's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Radiso-FIN View Post
    Now that I've actually played FotS, it really makes me feel (and want) that the next full TW game might set in Victorian/Imperialism era. There are simply so many things and features in FotS that could be easily implemented and used in a game set in the same time period, but in global setting. Althought there are so many things that CA should take into consideration when making such game, I think CA could come up with a pretty decent product considering how the TW games have developed for the past few years.

Rome 2 would certainly be welcome too, but there are already so many excellent mods for RTW and some mods coming to M2TW featuring the same time period.
    This is my thinking at this point. They practically have most of what they need for a Victorian game. Of course everyone is looking forward to Rome 2, but I don't mind waiting a few more years so they can get everything right.

The only thing I wouldn't like about Rome 2 is the naval battles. I think it goes without saying that Shogun 2 had the most boring naval battles since they were introduced to the series, and given their intensity and growth in Fall of the Samurai, it'd be a little disappointing to go back nearly 2k years.

I am really enjoying Fall of the Samurai to the extent that I almost want to see them go forward to WW1 total war, but I don't know how that would work for sure. Then again I love the Roman setting and Rome Total War was my favorite game of the series until Shogun 2 / FotS (might still be - it's close) so I guess my vote would be for Rome 2. I think most of us are pretty sure that's what they're currently working on anyway.

I wonder if CA read these posts.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastG33 View Post
    The only thing I wouldn't like about Rome 2 is the naval battles. I think it goes without saying that Shogun 2 had the most boring naval battles since they were introduced to the series, and given their intensity and growth in Fall of the Samurai, it'd be a little disappointing to go back nearly 2k years.

I am really enjoying Fall of the Samurai to the extent that I almost want to see them go forward to WW1 total war, but I don't know how that would work for sure. Then again I love the Roman setting and Rome Total War was my favorite game of the series until Shogun 2 / FotS (might still be - it's close) so I guess my vote would be for Rome 2. I think most of us are pretty sure that's what they're currently working on anyway.
    Well with ramming in now, Rome navel battles could be done well =D

Sgt.Valenzuela's Avatar Civitate

well if we look at trend from ETW to STW2.... RTW2 would be...

Rome (3 factions)
    Greek or Macedon
    Gual or Germania
    Cathage or Egypt
    Seleucid or Parthia

7 playable Factions.

DLC
    Rest of the factions ( sold per faction )
    Rise of the Roman Empire
    Fall of the Roman Empire

SomaaTheLion's Avatar Decanus

- Rome 2 (in the era of Julius caesar and the conquest of Britain). - Thirty years war. - One hundred years war

Modestus's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    On a ship in the middle of the Mediterranean.

well I am stil going for Mech War The Bland.

Megasalexandros's Avatar Campidoctor

I will be happy with every European centred title release but i hope it will be either Rome or Hellenistic total war
    That debate is being done to death since before Shogun 2, Rome 2 wins hands down
    Last edited by Megasalexandros; March 27, 2012 at 05:09 PM.
    MACEDONIA ETERNAL GREEK KINGDOM

Battles in TW are almost always smaller than real-life battles, but they still seem large enough to be good simulations of actual history. That would all fall apart if they did a TW game set in the twentieth century. Imagine trying to fight a battle with the size and scope of Kursk, or El Alamein, or the Bulge, with an army of only 40 units and a timespan of 10-20 minutes. You couldn't do it. It would feel all wrong. The twentieth century saw the end of roving armies and the rise of wide-front campaigns to mind-boggling scale, and that simply can't be recreated thoroughly. In Napoleon TW you felt like you could fight a battle like Austerlitz or Waterloo. In Rome you could fight a battle like Carrhea. But if you made a TW game set around WWII, fighting a battle on the scale of actual WWII battles would be completely impossible.

Modestus's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    On a ship in the middle of the Mediterranean.

Quote Originally Posted by Modestus View Post
    looks like Real Warfare to me, or is it SS ?

R
    oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo

Gaizokubanou's Avatar Biarchus
    United States, New Jersey (That's East Coast)

My wish list is either going back to ancient Mediterranean setting via Rome or Romance of Three Kingdom setting in China or WWII or Medieval setting again.

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

I don`t think we`re going back to spears and swords (which I would`ve liked), looks like we`re getting even more modern. Just my hunch.