Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Fall of the Samurai - Reveal Trailer Part 2

Default Re: Fall of the Samurai - Reveal Trailer Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by Kensai7 View Post
    Anyone knows what the 7 resources traded in the game will be? I can deduce some from the icons: coal, tea, cotton, iron... but the rest?
    source: FotS encyclopedia

1. Coal
    This enables construction of advanced railway buildings

2. Copper
    This enables construction of advanced port buildings

3. Cotton
    This enables construction of advanced industrial buildings

4. Iron
    This enables construction of advanced port and speciality buildings

5. Machines
    This enables construction of advanced speciality buildings

6. Silk
    This enables construction of advanced industrial and speciality buildings

7. Tea
    This enables construction of advanced business buildings

Sir Winston Churchill's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    Actually I think there's a video floating around (possibly in one of the bayonet threads) of Fencing vs Katana... So at least it's not unheard of >.>

I wasn't going to have my French agent go on a cross country killing spree, but now that you mention it, that sounds extremely epic.
    'Aw haw haw haw haw, mon 'ami, you aure no match for me eou silly letal samurai! E'our ka-ta-na iz no match for ma French rapier! En garde!"

Links to any anti-developer or anti-publisher campaigns are not tolerated on these forums. Any such links will be removed and (most probably) the poster of the link banned.... Please be advised that any information uploaded or transmitted by visitors to Sega becomes the property of Sega. Sega reserves the right to... modify... or delete any of this information at any time and for any reason without notice.
    — CA trying to prevent dissent on their forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalminar View Post
    My statements are correct by virtue of me saying them. Additional proof is not required.

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    Actually I think there's a video floating around (possibly in one of the bayonet threads) of Fencing vs Katana... So at least it's not unheard of >.>

I wasn't going to have my French agent go on a cross country killing spree, but now that you mention it, that sounds extremely epic.

That's actually in my thread.

Actually, I had planned on going on a cross country killing spree. I was just going to do it with a ninja.

But now.... Dueling would be even more fun!
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

Quote Originally Posted by vitastrong View Post
    source: FotS encyclopedia

Where can I find this source?

Indeed. Can I have a link? Even as a PM.

ty

Looks interesting, but so did Empire and Napoleon

Fortunately Empire and Napoleon could be modded, but this won't be easy(impossible?) with this game. That makes me rather sceptical knowing that the previous releases all were half-done releases that needed extencive modding(at least Imo). So I'll be waiting for reviews from others when its realeased to see how great this game really turned out to be. I am not wasting money on a game where they basically have just reskinned units and increased their lethality and range.
    Modernized warfare is complicated and would demand much more than making one set in the 18th/early 19th century.

I sure hope they include the possibility of trenches, 'cause offencive attacks against gatling guns and repeating rifleswith a limited number of troops(a couple of thousand like usual) sounds like suicide. What concerns me is how this will not just end up in a stalemate like ww1. Making every move obsolete against an entrenched enemy. Infantry tactics need an update, allowing troops more than before to take cover, work in smaller units, hide, take cover more extencively and crouch towards enemy. Infantry formations, at least large ones, will become obsolete more or less. They would have to take the skirmishing to a whole new level, and making it standard doctrine for all troops.

Quote Originally Posted by ♘Top Hat Zebra View Post
    Whats wrong with marching music?
    Military marches during the 19th century's later half was more brass oriented. Down with the silly fifes.

Oh and I can't wait for this game to come out - it looks amazing -, the period is somewhat of a favourite next to the 17th century.

What concerns me is how this will not just end up in a stalemate like ww1. Making every move obsolete against an entrenched enemy. Infantry tactics need an update, allowing troops more than before to take cover, work in smaller units, hide, take cover more extencively and crouch towards enemy. Infantry formations, at least large ones, will become obsolete more or less. They would have to take the skirmishing to a whole new level, and making it standard doctrine for all troops.
    Only the Western front during The Great War were static, the other fronts and theatres of war was very much alive. To make reference to a war a bit closer to the period of this game we just have to look at the Franco-Prussian war of 1870-71 it were over and done with after just 11 months, an extreme speed.
    Last edited by Nypifisel; March 12, 2012 at 02:29 PM.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Quote Originally Posted by Skarpskytter View Post
    Looks interesting, but so did Empire and Napoleon

Fortunately Empire and Napoleon could be modded, but this won't be easy(impossible?) with this game. That makes me rather sceptical knowing that the previous releases all were half-done releases that needed extencive modding(at least Imo). So I'll be waiting for reviews from others when its realeased to see how great this game really turned out to be. I am not wasting money on a game where they basically have just reskinned units and increased their lethality and range.
    Modernized warfare is complicated and would demand much more than making one set in the 18th/early 19th century.

I sure hope they include the possibility of trenches, 'cause offencive attacks against gatling guns and repeating rifleswith a limited number of troops(a couple of thousand like usual) sounds like suicide. What concerns me is how this will not just end up in a stalemate like ww1. Making every move obsolete against an entrenched enemy. Infantry tactics need an update, allowing troops more than before to take cover, work in smaller units, hide, take cover more extencively and crouch towards enemy. Infantry formations, at least large ones, will become obsolete more or less. They would have to take the skirmishing to a whole new level, and making it standard doctrine for all troops.
    They took on too much with Empire so that was bound to be a mess but Napoleon was great. This is also much smaller in scale than the others so hopefully it will be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    They took on too much with Empire so that was bound to be a mess but Napoleon was great. This is also much smaller in scale than the others so hopefully it will be good.
    Or you just play with smaller units ? I think that's the best way top play this upcoming game
    We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender - Sir Winston Churchill

Wat, if I play a Total war game I want as many men on the field as possible.

Boustrophedon's Avatar Grote Smurf
    Citizen

Wat, if I play a Total war game I want as many men on the field as possible.
    I have to agree with this. As long as my computer can handle it no problems My biggest battle so far involved 14,500 soldiers in Shogun 2 hehe. It was downright EPIC!

Quote Originally Posted by Boustrophedon View Post
    I have to agree with this. As long as my computer can handle it no problems My biggest battle so far involved 14,500 soldiers in Shogun 2 hehe. It was downright EPIC!
    You know that the Gatlings will chew you up like candy right??
    We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender - Sir Winston Churchill

Its a Gatling gun, can't kill 14500 people on its own.

Its a Gatling gun, can't kill 14500 people on its own.
    True but it slows you done like hell probably and then you can flank with inf or cav.
    I will use them just to pin my enemies down and use pincer moves if this tactic works ofcourse

I assume It will have something like a Overheating/ammo/reloading system to stop them from being OP.

I assume It will have something like a Overheating/ammo/reloading system to stop them from being OP.
    Probably but it could be a nice tactic
    Last edited by BlackDragon1032; March 12, 2012 at 05:42 PM.

When is part 3 coming?
    All you have to do is to decide what to do with the time given to you.

Lord of the Drunk Penguin's Avatar Tribunus

Question:

If I support the Shogun and I go towards keeping the traditions of feudal Japan alive, will I get to train my Samurai to fire a rifle?
    Can Samurai Rebels get Gatling guns?

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by jamson View Post
    When is part 3 coming?
    I am thinking same

Well I hope it can be modded. I was reading about the Boshin war and there were actually very few gatling guns in Japan at the time or modern artillery. The Ezo Republic made cannon from wood which exploded after a few shots. I hope the will be a limit to the armoured ships as well ,perhaps a bit more like an earlier version of the excellent 'Distant Guns' game.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast