Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Fall of the Samurai - Reveal Trailer Part 2

Default Re: Fall of the Samurai - Reveal Trailer Part 2

Anyone knows what the 7 resources traded in the game will be? I can deduce some from the icons: coal, tea, cotton, iron... but the rest?

Quote Originally Posted by Kensai7 View Post
    Anyone knows what the 7 resources traded in the game will be? I can deduce some from the icons: coal, tea, cotton, iron... but the rest?
    Where do you get this idea?

Reverend Scott's Avatar Senator

I can not wait for this!
    www.samsarra.com
    iTunes:
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/id498281682?ign-mpt=uo%3D5
    Proud Beta tester for 300 Warlords of Sparta
    Proud Beta tester for Hic Est Lacedaemon
    Proud Beta tester for British East India Company - The Indian Mutiny (BEIC)
    Proud Beta tester for American Civil War - The Blue and the Grey 2.65-3.0

Quote Originally Posted by visser300 View Post
    Where do you get this idea?
    Apologies, I should have posted this in the reveal trailer part 1 thread, if there ever was one. At the fourth minute in the video (direct link) you can see a the usual Diplomacy screen the 7 tradeable goods for FOTS.

I couldn't recognize all the icons.

Jackie Chan's Brother Wang...'s Avatar Semisalis
    The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Kensai7 View Post
    Apologies, I should have posted this in the reveal trailer part 1 thread, if there ever was one. At the fourth minute in the video (direct link) you can see a the usual Diplomacy screen the 7 tradeable goods for FOTS.

I couldn't recognize all the icons.
    One of them looks like Weed.

Haha, that's the tea!

Smoking tea leaves?

-eyes my shelf-

ME GUSTA.

torpedoes?
    We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender - Sir Winston Churchill

Blackwolf's Avatar Ordinarius

This just made me want the game ever so much more now! haha
    But I want to wait to get the Limited Edition of it which every time I check it says Coming soon. I'm that close to pre-ordering off of steam. Anyone know when the limited edition will become available?

Plus for all you Rome II junkies (Like me) out there. You all saw that boat ramming right? May I just say, what an excellent test subject for a Trireme! lol

Dynamo11's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwolf View Post
    This just made me want the game ever so much more now! haha
    But I want to wait to get the Limited Edition of it which every time I check it says Coming soon. I'm that close to pre-ordering off of steam. Anyone know when the limited edition will become available?
    It already is available? I pre-ordered mine from Amazon nearly 2 months ago

*yawn*

Sir Winston Churchill's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

So far I've caught this in the video:

A.) Foreign agents dueling Japanese agents? "Defending honor"? What is this?

B.) I swear to god I heard Napoleonic marching music when they showed what appeared to be US import troops... this better not be in the damn game. It was barely acceptable recycling Shogun I music....

C.) As always as beautiful as the staged battles are I have a feeling in the real game they won't be so... dynamic? It'll be the same old boring crap with same old AI with the same old "chuck everything at him at once" tactic.

D.) Engrish voices? Oh dear God...

Links to any anti-developer or anti-publisher campaigns are not tolerated on these forums. Any such links will be removed and (most probably) the poster of the link banned.... Please be advised that any information uploaded or transmitted by visitors to Sega becomes the property of Sega. Sega reserves the right to... modify... or delete any of this information at any time and for any reason without notice.
    — CA trying to prevent dissent on their forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalminar View Post
    My statements are correct by virtue of me saying them. Additional proof is not required.

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

Whats wrong with marching music?
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

Quote Originally Posted by ♘Top Hat Zebra View Post
    Whats wrong with marching music?
    Nothing so long as it's not the same, repetitive universal we had in Napoleon.

Links to any anti-developer or anti-publisher campaigns are not tolerated on these forums. Any such links will be removed and (most probably) the poster of the link banned.... Please be advised that any information uploaded or transmitted by visitors to Sega becomes the property of Sega. Sega reserves the right to... modify... or delete any of this information at any time and for any reason without notice.
    My statements are correct by virtue of me saying them. Additional proof is not required.

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Quote Originally Posted by Weary One View Post
    So far I've caught this in the video:

A.) Foreign agents dueling Japanese agents? "Defending honor"? What is this?
    I have no idea either, but I guess that is their means of "defence?" Though European sabre or Rapier versus Katana is...unusual. I'd imagine the European veterans will be more worthwhile used to help your armies rather than go around having an Epic Fencing Tournament across Japan.

B.) I swear to god I heard Napoleonic marching music when they showed what appeared to be US import troops... this better not be in the damn game. It was barely acceptable recycling Shogun I music....
    Atleast it beats the drumroll. I'm sure these can be replaced early on for starters. Besides, fife and drum tunes really don't sound that different from each other in reality, and the ones that do are the famous (like the British Grenadiers and etc).

C.) As always as beautiful as the staged battles are I have a feeling in the real game they won't be so... dynamic? It'll be the same old boring crap with same old AI with the same old "chuck everything at him at once" tactic.
    We won't see until we play it.

D.) Engrish voices? Oh dear God...
    I think it could've been a lot worse. Still, I would've preferred options over English or Japanese.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔EmperorBatman999♔ View Post

Atleast it beats the drumroll. I'm sure these can be replaced early on for starters. Besides, fife and drum tunes really don't sound that different from each other in reality, and the ones that do are the famous (like the British Grenadiers and etc).
    Yes but why didn't we ever get to hear songs like the British Grenadiers? The generic music used in Napoleon, while nice, got boring after awhile and when all factions used it it lost the original charm it first had with me during my French campaign. Why the British Grenadiers at the very least were not played by British troops I'll have no idea.

I mean despite being similar there is still a big difference between American fife and drum and French. Oh dear god how nice it would be to get a taste of Battle Hymn of the Republic...

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

I agree. That would be pretty glorious.
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo11 View Post
    It already is available? I pre-ordered mine from Amazon nearly 2 months ago
    Maybe at Amazon UK, but certainly not at Amazon US. The LE edition (hard copy with bonus Saga clan) is still not shown as available anywhere in the US. Every search I have done on the net has ended up at one of the many UK sellers.

In fact Amazon in the US just listed the hard copy for pre-order this week, but unfortunately it is a standard edition with no bonuses at all. With only 3 weeks to go, it appears that there is no way to get the Saga clan bonus in the US unless one orders from a UK seller, pays for the extra shipping and waits for 2 to 3 weeks after release for delivery.

Cheers
    Artillery brings dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl!

Quote Originally Posted by ♔EmperorBatman999♔ View Post
    I have no idea either, but I guess that is their means of "defence?" Though European sabre or Rapier versus Katana is...unusual. I'd imagine the European veterans will be more worthwhile used to help your armies rather than go around having an Epic Fencing Tournament across Japan.
    Actually I think there's a video floating around (possibly in one of the bayonet threads) of Fencing vs Katana... So at least it's not unheard of >.>

I wasn't going to have my French agent go on a cross country killing spree, but now that you mention it, that sounds extremely epic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Brian de Bois-Guilbert View Post
    the Church has only improved mankind in history

For this there are words, but none that abide by the ToS.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast