Page 26 of 58 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031323334353651 ... LastLast

Thread: Bellum Crucis 6.3 is OUT + TORRENT ADDED + ENGLISH AND SPANISH TRANSLATION. A VIDEO PREVIEW OF THE NEXT VERSION!!!

one day's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Bellum Crucis 6.3 is OUT!!! TORRENT ADDED!!! ENGLISH AND SPANISH TRANSLATION!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AltairBasic View Post
    How do I get that trace log.txt??
    In the file BellumCrucis6.cfg change

[log]
    to = logs/system.log.txt
    level = * error

to

[log]
    to = logs/system.log.txt
    level = * trace

Thatīs all.

Default Re: Bellum Crucis 6.3 is OUT!!! TORRENT ADDED!!! ENGLISH AND SPANISH TRANSLATION!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aper View Post
    If by strange you mean rational and consistent you are right.
    In fact, if you know the diplomacy rules well, the AI behaviour becomes so easily predictable that can be easily exploited.
    Yes, this is practicaly what I mean. AI is now very predicable and diplomacy is only hostile and agressive.
    Last edited by one day; June 21, 2012 at 01:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by one day View Post
    Yes, this is practicaly what I mean. AI is now very predicable and diplomacy is only hostile and agressive.
    No, it's not what you mean.

What I mean is that you can easily run trusted alliances by working on them, through gifts: why a potential enemy should tolerate you otherwise?

The rather strong economy of this mod (again: if you play it right) make it easy to secure your borders through tributes only, like in history: how many AI achieve this? In fact, if you have a 8/10 alliance you are 95% sure the enemy will not backstab you, and so you can turn to other matters, without constantly worring about the stupid erratic behaviour of the enemies like in most other mods.

I always use diplomacy a lot in my campaigns and I'm fully satisfied with it, for a comparately low price you can avoid wars as long as you want if you constantly keep your relations from falling below 8/10: and if it costs you too much, just get a wedding alliance, and your relations will be high for a looong time.

So, in the end, sorry mate but you just don't play this mod right.

EDIT: I forgot to mention two other important features:
    1. regardless of relations, AI will attack only if perceive you as weaker, not charging like a kamikaze as in other supposedly "hardcore" AIs.
    2. trusted allies will often aid you in wars without any request from you, and I think this rocks too.
    Last edited by Aper; June 21, 2012 at 02:38 AM.

AliAlpTegin's Avatar Foederatus

None of the team has the time to manage it, unfortunately.
    Thank you for answer mate but i believe this great mod will be more great with sub mods too

So, in the end, sorry mate but you just don't play this mod right.
    What is right and what is wrong ? If I can win (VH/VH) campaign with minimal diplomacy, is it wrong ? Especialy I donīt like, that allies with 7 are potentional enemies and with 8 arenīt. I donīt need these allies and I donīt want to bribe them. Thatīs all. And yes, I have read manual.
    Last edited by one day; June 21, 2012 at 07:07 AM.

one day: the game somehow works it's way out..... its working without any fix. LOL However, I still need to thank u for teaching me about the trace log stuff. Gracias!

Quote Originally Posted by one day View Post
    What is right and what is wrong ? If I can win (VH/VH) campaign with minimal diplomacy, is it wrong ? Especialy I donīt like, that allies with 7 are potentional enemies and with 8 arenīt. I donīt need these allies and I donīt want to bribe them. Thatīs all. And yes, I have read manual.
    It's perfectly fine you have your taste and preferences, of course; what it's not fine are your previous misguiding remarks about the diplomatic AI.
    As I said, less than trusted (8/10) allies will backstab you only if you are clearly weaker, usually.
    And about 7/10 - 8/10 allies different behaviour... well, you have to set a threshold somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by AliAlpTegin View Post
    Thank you for answer mate but i believe this great mod will be more great with sub mods too
    You can find submods here
    http://mtwitalia.freeforumzone.leona...spx?idc=660148
    They are in italian only, but it's not much of a problem for most of them.
    Personally, I'd install Lex Salica, that allow you to choose the heir, and Recruitment Mod, that drastically improve the EDU.
    I suggest also to use Mr. Crow's Alternative Money Script, that is less punitive for small factions, but you have to implement it manually: you can find it on post 69 in this thread:
    http://mtwitalia.freeforumzone.leona...d=10194096&p=4
    To install it you have to open the campaign_script.txt and replace entirely the part labeled 2 with the script in the second spoiler in post 69.
    Last edited by Aper; June 22, 2012 at 04:20 AM.

I have a question for developers of the mod; is venetian heavy infantry (fanti di terra) deliberately overpowered? they have a ridiculous cost in relation to its effectiveness.

I think is really unfair, i cant understand that units like english knights, taradariya, heavy huscarls, zweighander and others with 2h weapon are really less effectives than Venetian. The combat between one of this units and venetian H infantry is ridiculous. Sometimes venetians eliminate almost 1/4 of the unit only with charge, even if the units have the same charge value, this is a big mistake and is really unfair.

Itīs a unit effective against everything, they win in close combat against heavy cavalry, ligth and heavy lancers, heavy infantry with shield and with 2h weapon, and his cost is only 680, this is a joke? only a HC charge is guaranteed to win against them.

I think they have a type of attacking move very fast and effective in relation to the two-handed weapons.

Can somebody explain it?

Quote Originally Posted by river44 View Post
    I have a question for developers of the mod; is venetian heavy infantry (fanti di terra) deliberately overpowered? they have a ridiculous cost in relation to its effectiveness.

I think is really unfair, i cant understand that units like english knights, taradariya, heavy huscarls, zweighander and others with 2h weapon are really less effectives than Venetian. The combat between one of this units and venetian H infantry is ridiculous. Sometimes venetians eliminate almost 1/4 of the unit only with charge, even if the units have the same charge value, this is a big mistake and is really unfair.

Itīs a unit effective against everything, they win in close combat against heavy cavalry, ligth and heavy lancers, heavy infantry with shield and with 2h weapon, and his cost is only 680, this is a joke? only a HC charge is guaranteed to win against them.

I think they have a type of attacking move very fast and effective in relation to the two-handed weapons.

Can somebody explain it?
    I'm no dev, but I think you are right, stats need a global rethinking IMHO.
    Try the Recruitment Mod in the submod section of the MTW Italia forum, it improves greatly the EDU (though I don't know if and how they modified venetian HI), I posted the link in my previous post.

BTW, just reduce their attack if you think they are OP. In the paramount EDU mod, Real Combat, warhammers get the lowest base attack to compensate their great effectivness.
    Last edited by Aper; June 22, 2012 at 08:34 AM.

AliAlpTegin's Avatar Foederatus

@Aper

Thank you mate
    I See The Fear You Have Inside You Can Run But Never Hide
    I Will Hunt You Down And Tear You Limb From Limb
    Nothing Shall Remain Not Your Memory, Your Name
    It Will Be As Though You Never Ever Lived

You're welcome.

helmersen's Avatar Praepositus

Your units look absolutely stunning, however, the campaign map is lacking in comparison to the likes of Stainless Steel and Deus lo Vult.
    Interested in how Attila and the new LONGBEARDS DLC plays?

Check out my Total War Attila: Jutes Let's Play: http://youtu.be/rFyxh4mj1pQ
    Check out my Total War Attila: The Langobards Let's Play: http://youtu.be/lMiHXVvVbCE
    Total War: Attila with ERE vs Sassanids GEM at max settings:
    http://youtu.be/jFYENvVpwIs
    Total War: Rome II Medieval Kingdoms Mod Gameplay: http://youtu.be/qrqGUYaLVzk

hi all, how do I got no marriage proposals later in the game?? My male family members are going to die single!!!!!!

hey all!

i find this mod very good.the thing that bothers me is that the stats of some units are completely overpowered-like the archer stats.i looked in the italian forum of this mod and found some mods that alter the stats but the links are dead.can anyone re-upload them?

@aper

i tried to download the mod you pinpoint but the link is also dead.have you any other link?

thanks in advance!

What's up with the missing interface folder from "nativeindian" UI ?

If anyone cares to help,I'm talking about this

Good luck :p

how did you manage to play with Mongolians ?