Page 20 of 58 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast

Thread: Bellum Crucis 6.3 is OUT + TORRENT ADDED + ENGLISH AND SPANISH TRANSLATION. A VIDEO PREVIEW OF THE NEXT VERSION!!!

Default Re: Bellum Crucis 6.3 is OUT!!! TORRENT ADDED!!! ENGLISH AND SPANISH TRANSLATION!!!

btw guys u will do something with this crusade/jihad system? purpose of this system is good but i doubt Ai is clever enough for work with this system. is possible set them some easier status when jihad or crusade army can attack only a faction which is object of crusade/jihad? and it can be great if u enable to crusade/jihad armies looting

Default Re: Bellum Crucis 6.3 is OUT!!! TORRENT ADDED!!! ENGLISH AND SPANISH TRANSLATION!!!

My beloved Maroslav, those italian modders have already explored many ways and the current one is the best possible at the moment. The AI behaviour is WANTED and it's working as intended , apart from a relation-bug already hotfixed by the dreaded Brancaleone da Norcia.

why u must rly answer on everything man, hold yourself before that rly. i asked modders not u bcoz u cant do anything with that and your answer is only next offtopic.

Quote Originally Posted by Maroslav View Post
    senseless discusion man how u said we all have our own tastes. i didnt say problem in diplomacy is only coz is based on rep. and military statistics- i said is uselessly and bad made, bcoz is e hard make reputation higher. Man plis try first play this mod on harder dificult not only on easy and play some small naton not some HRE or something big and than tell me. second- i dont see historical ,,authentic'' in auto-drop of my reputation with other factions. how is possible i have reputation 9 with Syrians against who i go on crusade but have only 4 reputation with someone with who i never had borders, no contact except with diplomat? is little weird. In fact- i dont wanna be ignorant but its a just a game and this mod is the closest to me with gameplay- i only wait on next bugfixes and i hope they will do something with this agresive ai. about other of this conversations- thats only sad oftopic which is leaded for senseless explaining which nobody cares about- only on results of works.
    reputation is completely removed from bellum crucis.
    i suppose you're talking about relations.

it's not so hard to have better relations, you simple have to play in a different way.
    i think your main problem is that you are playing this mod in the way you play vanilla game or other mods.
    help your allies, fight the enemies, block ports and will see your relations will rise very soon (in this version we have the opposite problem, relations increase too much!).

obviously it's a matter of taste, and my taste is that vanilla diplomacy-ai (or other mods mods ai) are completely useless.
    they still use reputation, when reputation is a system completely inchoerent and bugged in vanilla's ai.
    they use random settings. our ai plays like a humen player. "i'm stronger than you, give me one reason for peace or i will kick your ass". when at war, bc's ai doesn't want stupid gifts or map informations or a wine's bottle. ai factions wants lands. the most coherent way to conclude a war.

we created a completely new system, where is the military power and relations that has the big role.
    you can say you don't like it, but everything is logic and understandable.
    this is what my forum likes. end of the story.

i prefer an aggressive ai and a hard gameplay. our forum likes this kind of gameplay (end of the story 2). i think this mod is still too easy, take a look in our forum's aar and you can see how our player goes.
    i have a list of victories in my tests playing with lombards, portugal, norway (this one is very hard, ok), setting the highest difficulty levels. it's not a big problem to play smaller factions.
    obviusly you have to learn how to play, if you play as you play ss or other mods you will loose very soon.

now i think it's time to suspend the spam and to speak of serious things...

in this versions there are some problems with the faction standings system. this is caused by some triggers we used, but mainly to some vanilla bugs.
    sometimes, when you get relations higher than 10/10, relations get some fake values, fort example 4/10 insted of (theorical) 11/10 and so on.
    something similar if the fations standings go under 1/10.
    this is not a problem of diplomacy system, this is a problems of vanilla game, obviously increased in our mod, particularly linked to the faction standings systemand where the fs triggers are very sensitive.
    this problem is very evident during the crusades, because there are a lot of factions in struggle, and the triggers are added, giving incoherent results
    this is the same problem we have with traits or ancillaries, but is not our bug, it's a vanilla bug.

i fixed this problem with a small fix, we are still testing, but if you want i can give you the new file.
    but you have to start a new campaign.

about crusades. this is MY opinion:
    vanilla's crusades are a complete crap. they are hardcoded, so we are trying to do something.
    but personally i (and a big part of my forum) like to play removing both papal system and crusades-jihad.
    my team think we have to try to do something, my opinion is that a hardcoded crap will be always a hadcoded crap.
    it's a matter of taste.

excuse me for my bad english, i hope you can understand what i said, if you have some problems mr.crow will be very happy (?) to traslate what i've tried to say in the correct way.

bye bye.
    Last edited by Branca Leone; May 07, 2012 at 04:40 PM.
    BELLUM CRUCIS project director, mapper, campaign designer, AI scripter.

DE BELLO MUNDI CAI scripter

i stoped read when u wrote ,, learn to play'' man i play this MTW2 maybe longer than u and u wanna me advice how play? ^^ you made one and stupid AI for me and thats maybe end of story- your AI= one way of game play and thats only war war and again war. Its Big problem play small nation and ifs not problem of ai and diplomacy, than its compilation of diplomacy,ai, money bonuses for ai, money penalties for player( than i am rly not surprised that Ai doesnt want some stupid money or etc when they has 1000000000). Man i play Denmark- max 6000 per turn on start, after conquer 3 next cities max 2 maybe 3000 per turn. True i played it first time- so i played many hours maybe 50 turns bcoz i enjoyed your new stats and i had to be carrefull of council etc thats everything great. after 30 turns i fall between hammer-HRE and anvil -Norway. I have full stack armies, income is very poor- i cant build anything what can help me with money. Two full stack armies must be in castless and ever retrain coz if i play how i play( and your balance of battles is great too thats next reason why i enjoyed) i have casualities. With second army i must hold Arhus against HRE so i cant leave with this army and Ai due to money bonuses never become weaker. Anyway- dificults- thats dificult isnt hard- its overpowered by bonuses for AI thats not dificult- golden Savage by Stainless Steel- and that i dont say bcoz is easy and it is. I say that bcoz they work some diplomacy on true status not only on military or relations(reputation.- its teoretically same ). Main They dont dont attack you only coz u are neigbour rofl np do what u think is best for your ,,ITA'' friends- but i rly dont understand why u came post that here if u dont wanna listen some suggestions on changes and u reply arogantly
    Last edited by Maroslav; May 07, 2012 at 05:04 PM.

Maroslav: husaren!!!

? try english please.

+Mr.Crow+'s Avatar VIVERE MILITARE EST

you made one and stupid AI for me and thats maybe end of story
    If you think this, you have 3 possibilities:

1) play another mod
    2) lear how to mod and do your submod
    3) just hope that we like your suggestions

About the possibility number 3, you can JUST hope, because we are not obliged to follow your suggestions.

but i rly dont understand why u came post that here if u dont wanna listen some suggestions on changes and u reply arogantly
    We have put BC here because we want to let non-italian poeple to try it and report here them feedback.

"To report a feedback" means that the user came here and post just his feedback and his suggestions. But he can't pretend or oblidge modders to follow his suggestion. We are free to do what we want.

I repeat: we have read and understood your suggestions (as we have read the suggestions done by every user)...for the next release we will analize every suggestion and we will add in BC just the suggestion that we consider good for our mod.

Have you understand now? Is there anything else about this fact on which you still need an explaination?...i think not...
    BELLUM CRUCIS 7.0 Co-Director
    PERSONAL PROJECTS: CSUR || WARWAGON

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprian2 View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, you've done something that CA should have thought of a long time ago. You should be on their pay-roll!

Northman75's Avatar Tiro

@Maroslav
    I think you overreact here a little bit. I dont feel like Branco Leones answer was written a some way to offend you, it was a way to explain you how BC works in some ways. But as I said before, its all a matter of taste, so no reason to get angry about the same thing again. Not everybody loves Stainless Steel by the way, for me its a great mod, but mostly eye-candy and not so much more, but again this is a matter of taste. That you get it explained from Mr.Crow and Branca L. show in my eyes that they ARE listening to you, but they are of course free to include in BC (or not) what THEY feel is right. If the playstyle of BC gets you so angry, then maybe its better to change to another mod.
    Cheers

yeah maybe i overreacted- that was for his -- ,,Learn how to play'' . In fact i dont play this mod i play Stainless Steel untill they will release next bugfixes which repare bigest bugs, some from vanilla. This Ai isnt reason why i dont play that, i only wanted do some suggestions but nobody told me ,,yes we will see in future'' or ,,no is impossible make more verions of AI''. I only wait on bugfix.

yeah maybe i overreacted- that was for his -- ,,Learn how to play'' .
    "Learn to play" wasn't written with polemic intention. Branca Leone has just said that BC has some mechanisms not usual in other mods and every player that uses it for the first time might have some difficult. So, in this case, the player has just to learn this mechanism...in other words, he should "learn to play". This do not means that the player is a noob, don't worry.

In fact i dont play this mod (...) untill they will release next bugfixes which repare bigest bugs, some from vanilla.
    Maybe you should be more precise on this, because unexplained statements remain unexplained statement.

This Ai isnt reason why i dont play that, i only wanted do some suggestions but nobody told me ,,yes we will see in future'' or ,,no is impossible make more verions of AI''. I only wait on bugfix.
    Maybe you still haven't understood what i've said a million of times: we still don't have analyzed the possibility to add or not users' suggestions for the next realese. So we are not able at the moment to say if we will add a specific suggestion or not.

You have play our mod (we hope), have report here your feedback and have wrote your suggestion. And we appreciate this. In fact, we have read your feedback and your suggestion (as we have read the feedback and the suggestion of each user) and we will analyze it (as we will analyze the suggestion of each user) when we will create the next version of our mod.

I think that i've explained all the explainable. Next time i think that i will ignore your insistence about this.

As far as I'm concerned, you've done something that CA should have thought of a long time ago. You should be on their pay-roll!

Quote Originally Posted by +Mr.Crow+ View Post
    "Learn to play" wasn't written with polemic intention. Branca Leone has just said that BC has some mechanisms not usual in other mods and every player that uses it for the first time might have some difficult. So, in this case, the player has just to learn this mechanism...in other words, he should "learn to play". This do not means that the player is a noob, don't worry.

than sry Leone

About bugs-Ai doesnt use agents. Second- crusades/jihads- well thats your improvement but if causes that armies freezing than i take it like bug.In castle battles- u rly did more funny battles- but sometimes routing units which should run to central for recover their morale, they dont do it. They freeze before and let masacre themself without fight- ofc if they are broken. Well maybe i start play new campaign look for new weird things .Thats main bugs i had more what to say about bugs but i dont play it already one week

thx for reporting them. We will check.

Sicknero's Avatar Senator

Re - English translation (thanks very much for that by the way)...

To use: Unzip and install the BellumCrucis6 into your Bellum Crucis data folder and when asked to overwrite click "yes".delete the .bin corresponding text files so the english text show in game.
    Anyway, I'm a total noobie when it comes to finding my way around a TW or mod folder, so can anybody explain to me please exactly which *.bin files I need to delete to make the English text work?

Thanks very much, can't wait to try this one ... it looks like it's going to improve loads on the vanilla campaign : )

SirPeacemaker's Avatar Centenarius

I love this mod, I enjoy it, but there is a thing what is really annoying and Maroslav has pointed that out. Crusades are kind of pain in arse. Because crusaders armies just stand around and do nothing. They mostly move just one turn and thatīs it. They are just like frozen or something. But I must admit there was one succesfull crusade in my game. Germany somehow managed to get there and conquered the city. I still wonder how they got there Another two crusades after this first one was a disaster. Armies stuck in central Europe and doing nothing. I joined the last crusade, built my own ships (because no mercenary ships around) and I conquered the city on my own. (Iīm not sure if I can defend it, but thatīs another cup of tea )
    Very good rocking song. The message of the song: WHEN PEOPLE LEARN TRUTH ABOUT UKRAINIAN WAR, THEY WILL GO INSANE!! (I suggest to turn the english subtitles on. Its over 18only because of violent pictures) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AAR6nUV7VI

SirPeacemaker's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Sicknero View Post
    Re - English translation (thanks very much for that by the way)...

Anyway, I'm a total noobie when it comes to finding my way around a TW or mod folder, so can anybody explain to me please exactly which *.bin files I need to delete to make the English text work?

Thanks very much, can't wait to try this one ... it looks like it's going to improve loads on the vanilla campaign : )
    Go on this page: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=3639
    On the bottom of the page you have a screenshot of files you need to delete.
    Very good rocking song. The message of the song: WHEN PEOPLE LEARN TRUTH ABOUT UKRAINIAN WAR, THEY WILL GO INSANE!! (I suggest to turn the english subtitles on. Its over 18only because of violent pictures) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AAR6nUV7VI

that is their crusade/jihad protect system- that should help to reality that some factions should not join crusade about concrete region. and anothers who is able has some % chance to join. but there is something another another improvement so much hard for Ai to use and punish is freeze their armies. thats little *.....*

Sicknero's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by SirPeacemaker View Post
    Go on this page: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=3639
    On the bottom of the page you have a screenshot of files you need to delete.
    Excellent, many thanks. It didn't occur to me to look in any Rome threads : )

any news about realse date of update 6.4 ? will the news about update be posted in this thread on the main page or ? tnx, looking forward, got really addicted
    so far my suggestion is to try to work on the stability of the mod, and perhaps returning free upkeep of units or something like that, I am playing on normal/hard difficulty

? try english please.
    which one? the kind of alien-english you use?

and also Crow is fakeing interest in your quests, nobody is going to rewrite the AI just because you do not understand english and are too lazy to learn to play