Page 10 of 58 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast

Thread: Bellum Crucis 6.3 is OUT + TORRENT ADDED + ENGLISH AND SPANISH TRANSLATION. A VIDEO PREVIEW OF THE NEXT VERSION!!!

Foederatus

Default Re: Bellum Crucis 6.3 is OUT!!! TORRENT ADDED!!! ENGLISH AND SPANISH TRANSLATION!!!

Great mod, nice skins, different x-perience then SS
    So thanx a lot to the makers.
    Just a little wierd thing, the game does not autosave.
    So after a 75 turn marathon with the Hungarians, suddenly the power goes.
    This happens here (İ live in Turkey)
    Anyway there was not 1 saved file::::::::::::::::AAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH
    Tried it again with the Georgians saved matriculasly after each turn.
    Got carried away (you know how it is when they jump from 3 sides on you)
    BAAAAAAAAM gafter a ctd when i was just scrolling along the map pffffffffff set back 33 turns again.
    I cannot seem to find an option anywhere to thick autosave on
    Am i the only one with this problem coz i cannot find somebody who noticed it too

To Marman just open them if its Italian erase them and replace them with the english ones.
    The names of the files are the same
    Thanx and looking forward to more tasty mods
    Last edited by Stale Mate Flex; March 04, 2012 at 09:13 AM. Reason: answer

Default Re: Bellum Crucis 6.3 is OUT!!! TORRENT ADDED!!! ENGLISH AND SPANISH TRANSLATION!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stale Mate Flex View Post
    Great mod, nice skins, different x-perience then SS
    So thanx a lot to the makers.
    Just a little wierd thing, the game does not autosave.
    So after a 75 turn marathon with the Hungarians, suddenly the power goes.
    This happens here (İ live in Turkey)
    Anyway there was not 1 saved file::::::::::::::::AAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH
    Tried it again with the Georgians saved matriculasly after each turn.
    Got carried away (you know how it is when they jump from 3 sides on you)
    BAAAAAAAAM gafter a ctd when i was just scrolling along the map pffffffffff set back 33 turns again.
    I cannot seem to find an option anywhere to thick autosave on
    Am i the only one with this problem coz i cannot find somebody who noticed it too

To Marman just open them if its Italian erase them and replace them with the english ones.
    The names of the files are the same
    Thanx and looking forward to more tasty mods
    remember the bugfixer.
    you have to install the two parts and the bugfixer in the same folder.

for the sutosave, open bellumcrucis6.cfg and set

auto_save = 0

to

auto_save = 1
    BELLUM CRUCIS project director, mapper, campaign designer, AI scripter.

DE BELLO MUNDI CAI scripter

This looks very good. So after I looked into the manual I decided after over 1 year to install m2tw again (I wanted to play the LotR-mod anyway ).

Many thanks to all makers and translators!

Prince of Judah's Avatar Senator

KoJ footknights' unit size is smaller than all other factions'. I would encourage the team to fix this if it isn't too much trouble.

Prince of Judah's Avatar Senator

KoJ Footknight unit size fix.

The attached file fixes the unit size of KoJ foot knights to be the same as all other factions.

[Celtíbero]Mencey's Avatar Campidoctor

Excellent mod!

Quote Originally Posted by gregor View Post
    please just reconsider the form of the pointer changed from an arrow form to a fist form.
    +1
    Spanish Medieval II TotalWar Hotseat Site: http://hmtw2.foroactivo.com/

Hosters's dl-speed is really slow and resumeable download is not possible, please try to upload the files somewhere else if you can, there are gaming-portals where you can host mods or maybe try mediafire. Thank you.

I played a (full) campaign, Italian version, on H/VH as Pisa up to turn 38 and everything worked well, on both strategic and battle levels, up to a battle between Pisa and Aragona with Pisa attacking Aragona just west of Asti. Then I had the first ctd during battle. I tried again by attacking from a different angle in the hypothesis of something occasionally wrong with the battle map, but I obtained another ctd. Then I checked the system log file and realized that there were a lot of missing textures and other errors, but curiously, after renouncing to attack Aragona, everything (in strategy and other following battles) works well again, and I checked this for at least other five turns (during which Aragona remains passive). Really strange. I kept the saved file for that turn 38. So if someone would like to check in order to understand what exactly was the cause of that unique ctd, I can send it (or I can reopen the 38 turn saved file, get another ctd and send the relative log (to save space) just because it could be useful to spot an issue which other players of this wonderful game could meet. Meantime I shall leave Aragona to amass armies ...

it happend to me sometimes to have ctd thats why i save game frequently
    what troubles me that for no apparent reason at turn 30 game slowed down drasticly like my computer is ancient, i had to start game from scratch, it works fine now, i hope this problems will be solved with future game update

Foederatus

Save games works now thanx a lot.
    Altough this game is seriously eating away my selfconfidence.
    İ played three campaigns with the Hungarians on hard/hard which is the 2 lowest level, altough i consider myself an experienced player with different mods this is really beyond a challenge.
    When one nation attacks all the others follow, even my 'allies' (definition of ally in this game = will certainly attack you, albeit not as the first). Since the economy is really harsh to build you have no space to manouver (build a larger army or spend more on diplomacy). So after three times being gangbanged i feel compelled to ask for tips here. I tried on three different ways and none work.
    1) Build a a big economy : when they come (round turn 30) you still make not enough profit to pull up a defense. So after the the 3th country attacks GAME OVER
    2) Attack first ; since its such a costly affair you will be unable to build much and you cannot support your citys defense financly
    3) Kiss butt and slime with your neighbours, gifts etc. One nation who doesn't want to be friends attack and all the others follow again.
    Also they do not engage in war with their other neighbours but focus their stacks on a seemingly coordinated attack on you.
    So please HELP......
    Still love the mod great work

Harith's Avatar Campidoctor

İ played three campaigns with the Hungarians on hard/hard which is the 2 lowest level, altough i consider myself an experienced player with different mods this is really beyond a challenge.
    When one nation attacks all the others follow, even my 'allies' (definition of ally in this game = will certainly attack you, albeit not as the first). Since the economy is really harsh to build you have no space to manouver (build a larger army or spend more on diplomacy). So after three times being gangbanged i feel compelled to ask for tips here. I tried on three different ways and none work.
    1) Build a a big economy : when they come (round turn 30) you still make not enough profit to pull up a defense. So after the the 3th country attacks GAME OVER
    2) Attack first ; since its such a costly affair you will be unable to build much and you cannot support your citys defense financly
    3) Kiss butt and slime with your neighbours, gifts etc. One nation who doesn't want to be friends attack and all the others follow again.
    Also they do not engage in war with their other neighbours but focus their stacks on a seemingly coordinated attack on you.
    So please HELP......
    im playin as the abbasid on VH/VH so u shouldnt be talkin lol..

look, the game is really easy once u use the hints and advantages the dev gives u at the start. For example,in my campaign, I had several spear militias.... so I divided them into smaller groups and besieged 4 settlements at once (treasury was -20k lol) and the defenders soon either sallied out or stayed. Then, I use the crappy spear militia to tire the defenders and simply deliver a general charge with perhaps a supporting light horse charge as well from the other flank.

BOOM win..

now, ur neighbors will go to war with u, so destroy all buildings in the settlemnt they are about to attack and then request a ceasefire and offer them the settlement as well as say 1k tribute for 4 turns. Now, ur relations are 8/10 with that faction... so now request an alliance.... u are now allies... This is of course given u have atleast mixed reputation (Which I never seem to know ehre I can find... I have some many assassins hired and killed over 20 characters.. lol I think im on deceitful or despicable). FOr me, I allied with the Seljuks after they attacked me and then held off the zinged and crusader invasions.

After I acquired Kerak... fatimid caliphate attacked, so they vassaled me.... they kicked the crusaders back to tortosa... then a counter offensive took place and now the crusaders are at the game of the empty Quds (I killed the general in the city who was the only unit haha). SO, now I rebelled, backstabbed, and so far I have been doing good.

Point is:
    ally with the HRE so u can completely ignore the western border as they wont attack and they will probably attack all nations on that side as welll... keepin u safe from other attacks.

Try to have 1 war at a time, 2 maximum.

Have good relations with the pope and excummunicate those hostile factions then call a crusade.

Be realistic, no army can consist of mamlukes or french gendarmes only, make the best use of the very cheap militias and peasant.... put them on the front line and let them absordb all cavalry charges and missiles... dont sweat over savin them... then use ur few professional or elite infantry to trap the enemy infantry or cavalry and outflank with ur cavalry.

Dont focus on military buildings and gettin top units.. ull just go bankrupt

Dont focus on only building once city... build all economic buildings in all ur land connected cities and make sure to especially upgrade wharfs, roads and farms.

Avoid havin ur cities besieged... ur income will suffer greatly.

So please HELP......
    read the manual please.

definition of this game: the ai factions don't attack you in the first 30 turn of alliance.
    don't attack you if you are trusted ally (allied + 8/10 relations).

the enemy attack you because you are too weak, you need to learn the game mechanics before to play against bellum crucis ai.

play normal level and read acrefully the manualy, this is not a mod "plug and play", learn and play different.

after the first debacles, you'll be very satisfied, if you are too lazy to learn, play other mods. this is not a mod for "everyone", we know this.

basically in the first turn, you have two way, spend your money to make diplomacy, or spend your money to create huge armies.
    the second one is very hard in the higher level, impossibile for new player, so... diplomacy, diplomacy and diplomacy.

and play normal level.

bye.

Hi ive been playing this mod for a week now and am having a great time, im 230 turns into an england campaign and am invading Italy but my generals are geting the Rebel trait, will this mean theyl actualy rebel or is it just the happiness levels of towns and the command stars that are affected?

Foederatus

Thanx for the pointers. I'll come from my high horse and go 'normal'.
    Oh i want to be more involved in finding bugs (don't be scared i've become a reader so i know what has been reported)
    I am just unaware how i have to send or even find a log.
    But since i am not working currently i have a lot of time.

Lots of respect from a man who's of the beaten path

well i started to use different starting tactics...
    i am playing with jerusalem
    i disband all units, this way i save a lot of money, slowly I recruit better units from jerusalem, spear infantry (not militia) i use my generals as cavlary, i wait for crusade, I send everyone on crusade and save up money here since when on crusade you dont pay army upkeep so in 5-6 turn time i earn a lot of money which i spend to boost ecconomy, so far it works

Why is there no Kiev Rus in the game? It was the most powerful Slavic state at that time. Vladimir-Syzdal was never as big as you have it on the map. Is that just not historically right or am I missing something? I actually decided to register just to ask this.

i have issues is well. There is no problem with the AI, but with economy. Its not balanced at all. When i getting well with politics and military power, economy suddenly going down, then i am under 0 and can do nothing, bang, game over. And it is wierd case becouse economy instead of going up for some reason going down, when i start the war. Eaven if i rebuilding it and built new cash rising buildings. Makes no sens. I must say i am stupid and this is first mod i cant manage it . I living Bellum Crusis for smarter....

Harith's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Blaksmiff View Post
    i have issues is well. There is no problem with the AI, but with economy. Its not balanced at all. When i getting well with politics and military power, economy suddenly going down, then i am under 0 and can do nothing, bang, game over. And it is wierd case becouse economy instead of going up for some reason going down, when i start the war. Eaven if i rebuilding it and built new cash rising buildings. Makes no sens. I must say i am stupid and this is first mod i cant manage it . I living Bellum Crusis for smarter....
    its because of realism in the mod. read the english manual for clarification

I wouldnt call this realism. Shuerly if u riding on and robbing a foreign country u do that to get wealthier yes? To pay money for your soldiers and fill up your treasury. If u settling down in the new area your people have pesants to help and slaves. Country is wrecked after invasion but if u rebuild it should bring proffits. I will read manual, i did a bit but as i see not enough. I will give it a try one more time, becouse i love the AI and nordic models and mod is verry different then others.

Quote Originally Posted by visarion33 View Post
    Why is there no Kiev Rus in the game? It was the most powerful Slavic state at that time. Vladimir-Syzdal was never as big as you have it on the map. Is that just not historically right or am I missing something? I actually decided to register just to ask this.
    you are missing something.