Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Plus Ultra (A better Americas campaign)

Juanjo1420's Avatar Foederatus

Default Plus Ultra (A better Americas campaign)

Edited 20/04/2020: You have the main post down there

Hi guys, I am Juanjo1420, I am from Colombia, so sorry for my english. Since few months I am working in a mod where I am improving the Americas Campaign. I am at this point right now (I used the Gigantus Map to make bigger the map itself, if you see this, thank you very much)

I added the followings factions:

The Sioux
    The Cheyennes
    The Algonquins
    Dutch West Indian Company
    The Caribs
    Taironas
    The Cherokees

-North and southamerica are full of regions with native names wich change when a european faction take it.

-It is not done yet the landscapes and and the weather.

-We need to do the agents with its textures and everything.

-The great region at the left top corner is the useless region. That place wasnt colonized until so late and the natives who lived there are no relevant. In this way we can focus the action to the atlantic sea and the caribe

Im looking for help for modding the model of the units and the map. If someone wants to help, it would be awesome.

Greetings!
    Last edited by Juanjo1420; April 21, 2020 at 04:52 AM.

St. Imperator's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Americas Grand Campaign

Though this is in the wrong forum, it's nice to see the Americas campaign getting some modding interest! If I can suggest, assuming this is in the right time frame, adding in some more factions, like the Spanish, Chichimecs, as well as the Portuguese, English, and French. I'm going to be following this, I hope to see some pictures of the campaign map sometime.

Sorry for the wrong forum, it's difficult guide in this big forum, the mod is based in the Americas Campaign, namely: The Chichimecas, Apaches, Tlaxcalans, Aztecs, Tarascans, New Spain, New France, the English Colonies and the mayans are in the game alredy.

Campaign map:

Yellow: New Spain
    Red (In the Atlantic Coast): The English Colonies
    The other red: The Cherokees
    Pink: The Sioux
    Grey and Black: The Algonquins
    Brown in SouthAmerica: Taironas
    Brown in NothAmerica: Apaches
    Dark Blue: Iroquois Confederacy
    Blue in the middle of NorthAmerica: Cheyennes
    Blue in SouthAmerica: Caribs
    White: Dutch West Indian Company
    Blue in the upper right corner of NorthAmerica: New France

Greetings!

Desley's Avatar Praefectus

I would play this! Goodluck!
    Will and act until victory

St. Imperator's Avatar Civis

You're going to work more on how the actual borders look, right?

The borders are based in maps of the epoch and indian settlements, so i don't think so.

Thank's Desley.

Greetings

The Cherokees

The Cherokees are warrior and agressive people

Cherokees Warriors
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Warriors initiated into the tribe and trained in the use of the spear. Equipped with a spear.

Long Arms

The long arms are the archers and the hunters of the tribe. Equipped with a bow and a hunting knife.

Guard of the warlord (General unit)

The Warlord isn't go anywhere without his guard of honor. Chosen from the more strongest warriors in the tribe. Equipped with a axe and a wooden armor.

Warheads

The warheads are trained in the use of the shield and the axe they are the heavy warriors of the tribe. Equipped with a shield, axe and a wooden armor.

Possessed of the great spirit

Fearless warriors who fear nothing and scare any enemy, reject the shield to carry a second weapon in the left hand. Equipped with a axe in his right hand and a mace in his left hand.

After defeat some Europeans

Thunder Arms

The long arms learned to handle fire weapons after defeat some Europeans. Equipped with a musket and a axe.

Thunder Arms mounted

The long arms learned to handle fire arms and horses, they have mixed and this is the result. Definitely a deadly mix. Equipped with a musket and a axe.

Long Arms mounted

The long arms learned to use horses and they mixed with they bows and they taken advantage way. Equipped whit a bow and mounted in loins of a horse.

Warheads mounted

The warheads also learned to use horses and change the axe for the long spear to charge efficiently. Equipped with a long spear.

Guard of the warlord mounted (General Unit)

The Warlord isn't go anywhere without his guard of honor. Chosen from the more strongest warriors in the tribe. Equipped with a axe and a wooden armor. Equipped with a axe, shield and mounted in a horse..

Greetings! :D

L36END's Avatar Laetus

I'm looking forward to playing it.

Kirila the Kitten's Avatar Primicerius

Hope this is still alive

Is still alive, but the mod is in Spanish and the transalation are so difficult, so i don't post much...

If you wanna see the real advance of the mod, go to this forum (Is a Spanish forum): http://www.caballerosdeeuropa.net/f34-plus-ultra

But, if the mod is not finished. What's that link?

Hi to everyone, after many years I can finally say this is (mostly) finished.

Thanks to Hereje for the logo

The main objective of this mod it's improve the Americas campaign that is default on the game.

General changelog:

Spoiler for General changelog
    - England and the Dutch are Protestant (This intesifies the fight for the new world between european factions too)

- European factions can recruit assassins when the appropiate building is constructed.

- Prestige points was erased, this means that you can improve yours city and access to the late game on the beginning.

- Attack and defense points calibrated.

- Wrong Unit cards corrected.

- The new native factions have included scripts that make them able to recruit gunpowder, chivalry and artillery after some battles.

- All the european factions have arrive events in diverse places of the map, the faction who has them more is Spain, all of them are historicaly accurate in his names but not in his dates, the England, France and the Dutch was fast forwared to make the mod more funny, all the conquerors have historical retraits.

- Chichimecs can't modernize because historicaly wasn't like that way, by the way, their models are now a mix to make the historical culture mix distinct.

- Campaign texture models corrected.

- The (original) three european factions now have a balanced roster.

- Native mercenaries recruitable if europeans ally with them, the new native factions also give mercenaries to recruit.

- All the new factions have missions as the original who was in the game.

- Three resoruces was added; salt, meat and hemp. Replacing respectively camels, dogs and ivory.

- Native factions now have traders and are recruitable in the respectively building.

A lot more of minor changes that you will be founding while you're playing, that, honestly, I didn't remember after so'many years

- Maroon uprisings on Panama, Haiti and Puerto Rico, according as they happen the native factions will able to recruit maroon mercenaries on a limited measure.

- A Lot change settlement name scripts for diverse factions.

Map:

Spoiler for Map

Added factions:

Spoiler for The Cherokees

The Cherokees

Spoiler for Pueblo Tribes

Pueblo Tribes

Spoiler for Nicarao Chiefdom

Nicarao Chiefdom

Spoiler for Tairona Nation

Tairona Nation

Spoiler for Carib Nation

Carib Nation

Spoiler for Dutch West Indies Company

Dutch Indies West Company

Technical known problems:

-Some models and textures maybe cannot fit, essentially rebels captain of the new rebels sub-factions.
    -Some general models in battle maybe cannot fit, same as above.
    -Some text when France, England or the Dutch fulfil missions maybe cannot fit. (Only in the spanish version, the english version seems good)
    -Random CTDs that I cannot find the source.
    -On custom battles the only scenarios that work are: Desembocadura del Orinoco, Cañon chichimeca, Dunas áridas, Plantación caribeña, Selva Amazonica y Valle Muisca. (Will be translated further when I completely add the rest of custom battles)

Posible future content:

-Add a regional campaign with all Northamerica and another for Southamerica.

Installation:

Download the file, unrar it and paste it on the Americas campaign folder replacing all the files, and execute the game by this file:

Spanish version download link: https://mega.nz/file/40UTWYKA#xb-Me1gJPrK4zX3wphb9yMh15g3crFeYj2fd_nG5ung

English version download link: https://mega.nz/file/Ms0D3JBI#45BV54...FoU1M_wSj_Mf1E

Acknowledgments:
    -Miguel80tp by share a lot of modding knowledge.
    -Werety by giving to me historical content and give me ideas.
    -Legionarius Argentum by giving to me historical content, give me ideas and be someone who cheer me up to make me go in the modding world.
    -Juglar by giving to me a lot of historical content and great proposals to the mod, he's part of my modding team.
    -elchopin by modify the original map and made this one.
    -Gigantus for give us the original map that is this based on (NorthAmerica).
    -CommodusIV by helping translating the mod to english.
    And all the people who give me ideas and work to get this job done, thank you very much!

If you have any advice or thing that I said and isn't in the mod, say to me by this way or in a PM

Greetings!
    Last edited by Juanjo1420; April 20, 2020 at 12:12 PM.

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

It's not often you see something like this actually come to life after years of absence. Well done, I will be sure to take a look.

Do you know when the rest will be finished?

Quote Originally Posted by CommodusIV View Post
    It's not often you see something like this actually come to life after years of absence. Well done, I will be sure to take a look.
    Thank you, when I started this mod I was just starting the high school, nowadays I'm on second year of University, the main reason because I'm so late it's that I do it mostly alone, so I only work on this in my free time.

Quote Originally Posted by sullivanclan1 View Post
    Do you know when the rest will be finished?
    As you can see, I just be 7 seven years late, so give you a date maybe it's not the best option

This campaign it's playable and (in my opinion) very complete, but the following step will be add another campaign of NorthAmerica like you see in the previous posts.

P.D: I figured out that I doesn't translated all the post, sorry about that, when I have the posibility to edit it I will do it.

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Good job there

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Juanjo1420 View Post
    Thank you, when I started this mod I was just starting the high school, nowadays I'm on second year of University, the main reason because I'm so late it's that I do it mostly alone, so I only work on this in my free time.

As you can see, I just be 7 seven years late, so give you a date maybe it's not the best option

This campaign it's playable and (in my opinion) very complete, but the following step will be add another campaign of NorthAmerica like you see in the previous posts.

P.D: I figured out that I doesn't translated all the post, sorry about that, when I have the posibility to edit it I will do it.
    Again, impressive and very well done.

Things look pretty complete at a glance. Lack of translation for descriptions, traits etc means I'll be doing some work to translate it unless there's some files already available that I've missed. If that's the function of the exe, oops. I don't use executables whenever possible, batch files instead for being cleaner as a policy.

Quote Originally Posted by CommodusIV View Post
    Again, impressive and very well done.

Things look pretty complete at a glance. Lack of translation for descriptions, traits etc means I'll be doing some work to translate it unless there's some files already available that I've missed. If that's the function of the exe, oops. I don't use executables whenever possible, batch files instead for being cleaner as a policy.
    The only reason because I use the .exe is for the icon of the mod, so all the files are in data folder. By the way if you will traslate know that the settlement change name script was do it to translate to original language of the faction. For example: Puerto Real in Jamaica will be Port Royal if is conquered by the english or Port-au Prince in case of France conquering Haiti. The only trait I remember modify was Hate Moors, because certain spanish conqueror hate natives, so I modify the original trait name.

Greetings

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Moderator Emeritus

Always good to see an Americas mod released (I've been making my own for several years, link in sig). Really great work! I'll check this out when I get my new PC. +rep

Not sure if you're keen on any type of collaboration, but if so, please feel free to get in touch (and maybe expect a PM from me ).
    FrunkSpace | Mod Announcements | Colonies & Empires

Under the patronage of Iskar of the House of Siblesz. I am the proud patron of:

atthias | PaulH | Athos187

I upload a few videos to let you see something without download it, first one, battle of Pueblo Tribes againt Spain, Pueblo Tribe are capable of have new units through the campaign winning battles to european factions:

Second one, a little video showing the campaign map at start and little more later on a campaign that I'm testing all:

And last one, a battle of Tairona Nation againt Spain, Tairona Nation aren't capable of have new technologies, his only way to get for example gunpowder units is through maroon mercenaries when the last event of they happen (uprising in Haiti)

And a bonus; I'm already working into a custom campaign inside the mod, this is a remake of my Wolf Warriors that I does many years ago:
    Last edited by Frunk; April 18, 2020 at 11:05 PM. Reason: Embedding fixed.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast