Thread: Zip version of mod for download?

Turbo's Avatar Civitate

Default Zip version of mod for download?

Is there a zip version for the mod? I have had too many bad experiences with self installing mods and run mods in entirely different directories from the vanilla install.
    Work of God

Default Re: Zip version of mod for download?

Hi Turbo

I can appreciate your concern. It can be frustrating at times.

The executable file version for BattleAxe is the smallest size available for download. Uploading a zipped version of the BattleAxe files would far exceed this size and the limits for site hosting.

You may take some comfort in knowing that the BattleAxe installer was created by a CA developer and will install to your M2TW mod folder. It also comes with an uninstaller in the event you have any issues.

(As with any mod, your M2TW edition, OS version, or PC configuration can affect installation or performance. You may have to search for workarounds within the individual mod forums or TWC to find a solution that works best for you.)

Kind regards,
    brandybarrel's BattleAxe and Unit Guide Links:

Turbo's Avatar Civitate

Thanks for the reply!

Sounds like I will need to backup my MTW2 steam folder so I have a fall back vanilla copy. Time to power up the zip drive...
    Work of God

Just to let you know that a zipped version would greatly help the steam user. Sounds like the installer says that it "can't find my Medieval 2 folder". That's a shame, I'm sure this mod is great to play.
    From Québec with love!