Thread: Adding Titles in Front of Character Names?

Warmonger_25's Avatar Civis

Default Adding Titles in Front of Character Names?

Hi guys I've recently just got back playing Rome Total War since 2006 (about when MTWII came out). I'm just wondering, Is it possible to add Kingship titles in front of the faction leader and prince?

I'm playing Rome is it possible for my National Leader's name to be

Emperor "name of character".?

If this is not possible is there a file where I can change the National Leader description to Emperor?

Thanks guys.

STELLover's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Adding Titles in Front of Character Names?

Quote Originally Posted by Warmonger_25 View Post
    Hi guys I've recently just got back playing Rome Total War since 2006 (about when MTWII came out). I'm just wondering, Is it possible to add Kingship titles in front of the faction leader and prince?

If this is not possible is there a file where I can change the National Leader description to Emperor?

Thanks guys.
    I believe this should be possible. In the "expanded.txt" in the "text" folder, there is a line for every faction where it denotes the title such as
    {ROME_FACTION_LEADER} Proconsul
    something like that

The title shows up at the top, but I am not quite sure if you can change the actual name
    Cheers

ROME 2 Mod: More Cities and Settlements on Campaign Map:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=194761024

Julio-Claudian's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Warmonger_25 View Post

Thanks guys.
    Your faction leader will get the title "Imperator Caesar" after the rebellion etc.
    Imperator being a Roman honorary military title and the word from which Emperor is derived.
    Quote Originally Posted by STELLover View Post
    I believe this should be possible. In the "expanded.txt" in the "text" folder, there is a line for every faction where it denotes the title such as
    {ROME_FACTION_LEADER} Proconsul
    something like that

The title shows up at the top, but I am not quite sure if you can change the actual name
    Cheers
    If I did that would it mess up my saved game?

Warmonger_25's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Julio-Claudian View Post
    Your faction leader will get the title "Imperator Caesar" after the rebellion etc.
    Imperator being a Roman honorary military title and the word from which Emperor is derived.

If I did that would it mess up my saved game?
    Well I think I'm in like 576 AUC and I destroyed the rebellion but I don't see this "Imperator Caesar" happening.

He means the big rebellion that occurs when you have 90 provinces.

You're probably talking about the smaller rebellion at the start of the game.

Julio-Claudian's Avatar Senator

Yeah the second rebellion.

Once you recapture Rome your faction leader will become Dictator Perpetuo. Then once he dies your new faction leader will get the title Imperator Caesar. So if he's called Decimus Fabius Maximus as the faction heir he'll become Decimus Imperator Caesar once he becomes faction leader. You'r new faction heir will also become a Caesar... my current faction heir is called Tiberius Caesar for example.