View Poll Results: Do you support a precision strike on Syrian military targets against the use of chemical weapons?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I do support a military strike.

10 32.26%
  • No, I do not support a military strike due to a lack of evidence.

5 16.13%
  • No, I do not support a military strike regardless of the evidence.

13 41.94%
  • Not sure.

1 3.23%
  • Don't care.

2 6.45%

Thread: The Syrian Civil War Thread

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

Default Re: The Syrian Civil War Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Treize View Post
    Lol you support the terrorists and their Sharia councils. The ones who beat up old men and commit suicide bombings.
    Really? I haven't seen motiv supporting Al-Nusra in this thread.

Oh wait thats right, you think all of the Syrian rebels are terrorists no matter how many times this view has been debunked.

I think its the greatest example of confirmation bias i have ever seen.

I support the people who slaughter such people.
    And meanwhile killing thousands of civilians. But those women and children were just dirty jihadists am I right?
    Best/Worst quotes of TWC

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriakos View Post
    While you are at it, allow Germany to rearm, it's not like they committed the worst atrocity in modern history, so having a strong army can't lead to anything pitiful.

Lol you support the terrorists and their Sharia councils. The ones who beat up old men and commit suicide bombings.
    Yeah that's why you can find me writing stuff like "I'm with Jabhat al-Nusra!" Oh wait no you can't, because I'm not. Oh wait, I post videos from people who protest their activity at the same time they oppose Assad. Oops, look like your attempt at a tu quoque argument fell as flat as your other attempts to attack others.
    I support the people who slaughter such people.
    Well that's a lie, otherwise you would be supporting the lion's share of the opposition which fights such people AND the jihadists. Instead you support criminality, abuse, dictatorship, oppression, gangsterism, sectarianism, and now you are supporting jihad. That's a shame but also hilariously ironic. Now you're without a doubt, by your own admission, a jihad apologist.
    قرطاج يجب ان تدمر

Treize's Avatar Dux Limitis

If I had to choose between a sunni theocracy or war it would be the latter.
    Miss me yet?

Better dead than Red.

Amen.

If I had to choose between a sunni theocracy or war it would be the latter.
    That's SO interesting, and disturbing as far as false dichotomies go, but this thread is about Syria. If you cannot keep track of the discussion perhaps you should take some time off. Or perhaps you could tell us more about your support for the Syrian government and its jihad against its own people?
    Last edited by motiv-8; March 11, 2013 at 05:43 PM.
    قرطاج يجب ان تدمر

If a sensible minority has its way over a fanatic allahuakbar screaming majority I support this minority in keeping the majority under the thumb.
    Miss me yet?

Haha that's cute, Treize has been too busy glorifying dictators and murder to read the thread and see how someone saying Allahu Akbar in no way means they're a terrorist or a theocrat.

Also +1 for the inadvertent racism towards Arabs.
    قرطاج يجب ان تدمر

Quote Originally Posted by motiv-8 View Post

Conciding with these developments is the destruction of the Syrian Army's 113th Brigade which was assigned to defend the Deir Ez-Zor Airport, the last major regime installation in the city, if not the whole province.

What are the vehicles being shown? I saw the video earlier and I couldn't make them out. maybe a Fire Control BMP for Artillery or SAMs?

"Weapons of war have no place on American streets." (President Barack Obama), which is why the DHS needs 1.6 Billion rounds of ammunition, 7000 MRAPs to be delivered by 2014, and one M-16 per agent.

A lot of them look like ZSU-23 Shilka's to me but I'm not sure.
    قرطاج يجب ان تدمر

I thought that too but the "turret"s are completely wrong along with the fact that they're missing a crucial component; guns

"Weapons of war have no place on American streets." (President Barack Obama), which is why the DHS needs 1.6 Billion rounds of ammunition, 7000 MRAPs to be delivered by 2014, and one M-16 per agent.

Treize advocates slaughter in thread, claims one side morally superior to other. Ignoring that side he supports is MORE fanatical than the one he decries.

I... am actually in awe of that.

Patronized by the mighty Heinz Guderian

Unless those vehicles were knocked out in combat (doesn't look like it) it seems a waste to fill them full of RGP's instead of using them yourself, unless the goverment set them on fire instead.

Or perhaps you could tell us more about your support for the Syrian government and its jihad against its own people?
    Or perhaps you could tell us why do you support Syrian insurgents in their war against their own people?

That's pretty simple, and I've done it before. I support the ability of the people to take up arms in order to defend themselves against the violence of their own government, when they have no other recourse, as happened in Syria in 2011. I would have much preferred there to be no civil war, no death, no destruction, no wasting of an entire generation to conflict, poverty, hunger, and despair, but Bashar al-Assad insisted that his people have all those things so here we are.

That question is an elevation in knowledge for you, actually; you finally admit that the insurgency is native in character instead of mindlessly repeating the propaganda line that they're "foreign terrorist gangs." So good on you, you're learning.
    قرطاج يجب ان تدمر

Quote Originally Posted by frozenprince View Post
    Treize advocates slaughter in thread, claims one side morally superior to other. Ignoring that side he supports is MORE fanatical than the one he decries.

I... am actually in awe of that.
    Yeah sure. Nobody is saying Assad's regime was all good and nice. On the contracy. But the only alternative is the Muslim Brotherhood or worse.
    Under Assad the three main religious groups lived peacefully side by side, they had free healthcare, free education and a reasonable living standard.
    But hey, lets have ten thousands of deaths, have many formerly beautiful, lower standards of live, infrastructure that takes years to rebuild (if you had a functioning government that is) and ancient cities now turned into Battlefield 3 maps so we can have the wonderful freedom to elect the Muslim Brotherhood to lead us (and opress the dirty Alewite/Christian kafirs).

The people who support Assad prefer religious tolerence, free healthcare/education over bearded men with the quran on their left hand and a kalashnikov in their right hand. Even if that means having to live in a totalitarian police state.
    Last edited by Darth Red; March 12, 2013 at 02:05 PM.
    Miss me yet?

Civitate

Yeah sure. Nobody is saying Assad's regime was all good and nice. On the contracy. But the only alternative is the Muslim Brotherhood or worse.
    Once again showing Treize you don't know anything about this conflict.

Under Assad the three main religious groups lived peacefully side by side, they had free healthcare, free education and a reasonable living standard.
    I guess free healthcare education and reasonable living standards is suppose to make up for the fact the people live in a totalitarian police state?

But hey, lets have ten thousands of deaths, have many formerly beautiful, lower standards of live, infrastructure that takes years to rebuild (if you had a functioning government that is) and ancient cities now turned into Battlefield 3 maps so we can have the wonderful freedom to elect the Muslim Brotherhood to lead us (and opress the dirty Alewite/Christian kafirs).
    You mean just like in Libya where they elected an Islamist party that wanted to enforce Sharia law? Oh wait....

I know you like to ignore facts and any arguments presented against you, but please at least stop posting blatant lies. There are many alternatives in this conflict. Its just with your obvious confirmation bias you seem to only see one alternative with the rebels while ignoring all of the others.

The people who support Assad prefer religious tolerence, free healthcare/education over bearded men with the quran on their left hand and a kalashnikov in their right hand. Even if that means having to live in a totalitarian police state.
    Even though there is no guarantee whatsoever this will happen?
    Best/Worst quotes of TWC

While you are at it, allow Germany to rearm, it's not like they committed the worst atrocity in modern history, so having a strong army can't lead to anything pitiful.

Comes Limitis

That's pretty simple, and I've done it before. I support the ability of the people to take up arms in order to defend themselves against the violence of their own government, when they have no other recourse, as happened in Syria in 2011. I would have much preferred there to be no civil war, no death, no destruction, no wasting of an entire generation to conflict, poverty, hunger, and despair, but Bashar al-Assad insisted that his people have all those things so here we are.

That question is an elevation in knowledge for you, actually; you finally admit that the insurgency is native in character instead of mindlessly repeating the propaganda line that they're "foreign terrorist gangs." So good on you, you're learning.
    So what about them drones or stripping away citizenship when them Alex Jones's, Malcom X's, or Raging Bull's take up arms against an opressing US govt?
    Quote Originally Posted by snuggans View Post
    we can safely say that a % of those 130 were Houthi/Iranian militants that needed to be stopped unfortunately

Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Thorn777 View Post
    or stripping away citizenship when them Alex Jones's, Malcom X's, or Raging Bull's take up arms against an opressing US govt?
    You realize the US government has had the power to strip people of their citizenship for a while now? Like over a hundred years?

And in fact the very scenario you described is treason. If convicted of treason, a person will lose their citizenship.
    Best/Worst quotes of TWC

Quote Originally Posted by Thorn777 View Post
    So what about them drones or stripping away citizenship when them Alex Jones's, Malcom X's, or Raging Bull's take up arms against an opressing US govt?
    What "opressing" US "govt"? The one that let these people express their opinions? That allows them to vote? Malcolm X preached violence when even members of his own community rejected it and succeeded in bringing change by peaceful means. Alex Jones can -- and does -- vote for political candidates who are amenable to his whacked out views. It's embarrassing for you that you compare the situation in a free, democratic country with that in a dictatorship where if you wanted to open a business, you had to pay off the right Ba'ath Party member, if you wanted a passport you had to pay off the right Ba'ath Party member, if you wrote a newspaper article calling for democracy you were kidnapped by intelligence agents until your family paid off the right Ba'ath Party member, if you wanted to participate in government you had to be a Ba'ath Party member, if you peacefully protested you were shot in the street or kidnapped and tortured.
    قرطاج يجب ان تدمر

Latest situation map of Syria:
    http://t.co/LlzcMJA08l

Rare artilery duel, hats of the bravery of the crew:
    In tribute to concerned friends:
    - You know nothing Jon Snow.

Samples from the Turkish Cuisine by white-wolf