View Poll Results: What do you like of darthmod Napoleon?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • The BAI

14 60.87%
  • The CAI

9 39.13%
  • The realism

11 47.83%
  • The historicity

6 26.09%
  • The campaign

11 47.83%
  • The multiplayer

1 4.35%
  • The effects

17 73.91%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: What do you like of darthmod Napoleon?

VENNONETES's Avatar Vicarius

Default What do you like of darthmod Napoleon?

What do you like of DMN?
    IT'S POSSIBLE VOTE MORE THAN ONE CHOICE

V.E.

It's like this old poll http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=519006

Won the POTW Gold medal at 15 years, 7 months, and 198 days on 25/12/2013 ^_^

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

Tiro

Default Re: What do you like of darthmod Napoleon?

"the historicity"? You mean the historical authenticity? I vote yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bendit View Post
    "the historicity"? You mean the historical authenticity? I vote yes.
    Yes , thanks for voting

V.E.

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

BAI, realism and effects!

I really like to vote... but I may not vote...
    So, when am I allowed to vote?

Yeah, I can't vote either. If I could though it would vote the AI, realism and effects, but all of them are good. Vanilla doesn't even come close to Darthmod.

You can't vote because you don't have enough posts

V.E.

OLD SIG

Quote Originally Posted by VENNONETES View Post
    You can't vote because you don't have enough posts

V.E.
    Than, how much do I need?

One thing i would like to be done is a fog of war system.This would make skirmishing and recon very important.And make voltigeurs/skirmishers and hussars realistic and necessary elements in all armies.

Second and most important thing about the ai i think is that it is so easily goaded into charging your line.
    You pound it with artillery and it comes straight at you and you can chew it up with grapeshot and double line fire.This happens even if they are supposed to be defenders.So me being attacker means nothing in ntw as the AI will always come to you.
    I would like to see a ai that holds its ground and forces me to go to him if i am the attacker.

Third improvement i would like a little more deployment space.this would make manuevering ith infantry more important rather than focusing solely on fire concentration.In true napoleonic battles battles raged over wide areas and having reserves was more important than is portrayed in the game.

Lastly reduction in roundshot artillery range.Its ridiculous atm,there is no point in using artillerie a pied or 12pdrs because 6pdrs hae enough range over whole map,they reload faster and are more accurate.They
    also come with dual veterancy from foundrys.This should be changed.

Make veterancy more important.Dual veterancy troops shouldn't be available from recruitment panel.

I know most of these are inherent vanilla NTW problems but still just some suggestions to make a awesome mods more awesome.

Best thing about darthmod is the number of enemy armies available to them making campaigns more intense and coloumn de attaque unit.

Thanks.

Tiro

@ austerlitz Have you tried the large deployment zones option in the Darthmod launcher? With that enabled, 6 pounders almost never start in range of the enemy. In one battle I had sixteen Turkish 18 pounders (AI) hold off my Russian forces for two hours. With that option all the maps are huge and battles can rage all over the place. But perhaps the heavy calibre artillery could still be given a little more prominence. I'd like to hear others' thoughts.

hooahguy14's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by austerlitz View Post
    One thing i would like to be done is a fog of war system.This would make skirmishing and recon very important.And make voltigeurs/skirmishers and hussars realistic and necessary elements in all armies.
    This. Im reading the Richard Sharpe series and would love to have to scout out the enemy forces!
    The NTW3 mod has fog of war system, as they do a unit disruption system where units cant pass through one another.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: A Rome II Suebi AAR
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Leoben's Avatar Decanus

Popular demand for the fog of war feature is growing...

hooahguy14's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Leoben View Post
    Popular demand for the fog of war feature is growing...
    Yeah, but I dont think its gonna happen. I was reading up on the NTW3 page on the fog of war thing and it seems to be map related, as in the feature is specific for each map. not to mention that NTW3 seems to be a MP only mod. So unless there is a certain formula for maps and a set amount of them, it would be very difficult to do fog of war, if not impossible for a campaign setting.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: A Rome II Suebi AAR
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Ah yes i'm now using the deployment zones and its helping,but still 6pdr range could use a slight decrease.
    As for the fog of war,its ridiculous how the enmy artillery always homes in on my old guard placed deep in reserve,thats not realistic.