Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: [Preview] Lordship of the Isles

Polycarpe's Avatar Back into action!

Default Re: [Preview] Lordship of the Isles

Quote Originally Posted by Gattsu View Post
    I don't know if this has been asked yet, but how many scottish factions you thinking of implementing?

By the way I love that first shield with the boat. Awesome.
    Two factions, the Lorship of the Isles and the Kingdom of Scotland with a roster reflecting the Lowland army composition, the second is right now in progress.

Ikko-Ikki

look nice

Celtichugs123's Avatar Princeps
    A' Ghàidhealtachd. The Highlands, Ross-Shire. Formarlly the Kingdom of Fortriu

Hi there team!

As a Scot, infact a Highlander (*cough* a real Scot*cough*) I am really, really excited for this Mod and love the way you have implemented the Kingdom of the Isles and Mann and the Gall-Ghàidheil!

Princeps Posterior

Great job guys.

Mausolos of Caria's Avatar Sagittarius

Great preview!

Will factions like the Lordship of the Isles or the Earldom of Orkney only be in that Britannia campaign or is one of them also in the big, west European campaign?

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE?!
    Content Staff

Only in the Britannia campaign, I guess the units will be used though in the Scottish faction, don't know wether there is gonna be a Norwegian faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Mausolos of Caria View Post
    Great preview!

Will factions like the Lordship of the Isles or the Earldom of Orkney only be in that Britannia campaign or is one of them also in the big, west European campaign?
    The Lordship of the Isles may be into consideration for the larger campaign

Thanks for the answers! I love playing Scotland campaigns and would really appreciate the Lordship of the Isles for the main campaign as it would totally change a campaign as Scotland and would also add a flavour to the campaigns of factions on the British isles.

Horsa's Avatar Eala! Nis þis lif lang

You have no idea how long a wanted a mod with this faction.

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

Great units, love the fact that the general's unit fights on foot. With the amount of work you guys are putting into this it could be a year a or two before this mod is completed, hope you guys stay motivated

Looking at their starting position I wondered how the highland regions will be split between the factions in the Britannia campaign. I'm pretty sure the Earldom of Orkney had a foothold in Caithness and maybe in Sutherland, but the Lordship of the Isles also seized control of Ross- and Inverness-shire again and again.

Both of them and the Kingdom of Scotland fought for the regions until the 15th century so their possession would often switch between the three factions, that's why I'd be interested to see how you are going to present the situation at the start of the campaign there Or will you just leave some of them as rebels at the beginning?
    Last edited by Mausolos of Caria; May 09, 2012 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mausolos of Caria View Post
    Looking at their starting position I wondered how the highland regions will be split between the factions in the Britannia campaign. I'm pretty sure the Earldom of Orkney had a foothold in Caithness and maybe in Sutherland, but the Lordship of the Isles also seized control of Ross- and Inverness-shire again and again.

Both of them and the Kingdom of Scotland fought for the regions until the 15th century so their possession would often switch between the three factions, that's why I'd be interested to see how you are going to present the situation at the start of the campaign there Or will you just leave some of them as rebels at the beginning?
    The plan is the player will play the Clan Domhnaill, therefore you will play as the Lord of Islay. Very small faction and your goal is to reform the Lordship of the Isles, here's a picture that can give some references:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The two other clans will be part of the rebels and Scotland will be able to recruit Highland units if the Scottish Gaelic culture is high enough in that region.

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

I have to admit the pic of the Tuathanach looks pretty epic with the Sleaghadair in a tightly packed formation in the background. One thing that has always annoyed me about the M2TW engine is how units spread out once they engage in melee, have you guys done anything to address that?

Celtichugs123's Avatar Princeps
    A' Ghàidhealtachd. The Highlands, Ross-Shire. Formarlly the Kingdom of Fortriu

Cliú go a'Gall-Ghàidheil!

Quote Originally Posted by Kinjo View Post
    I have to admit the pic of the Tuathanach looks pretty epic with the Sleaghadair in a tightly packed formation in the background. One thing that has always annoyed me about the M2TW engine is how units spread out once they engage in melee, have you guys done anything to address that?
    Yes, I've changed the charge distance of the units and now you won't have men that are very far away and the rest of the company is in melee.

Silent Assassin's Avatar TO LIVE IS TO DIE

This is awesome!!!! can't wait to see this Mod in Final
    TIME TO DIE!!!! Proud Son of Viking Prince

Quote Originally Posted by Polycarpe View Post
    The plan is the player will play the Clan Domhnaill, therefore you will play as the Lord of Islay. Very small faction and your goal is to reform the Lordship of the Isles, here's a picture that can give some references:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The two other clans will be part of the rebels and Scotland will be able to recruit Highland units if the Scottish Gaelic culture is high enough in that region.
    Ah okay, thanks for the quick answer Seems like an interesting idea for the faction and a difficult start for their campaign.

Kinjo's Avatar Taiko

Quote Originally Posted by Polycarpe View Post
    Yes, I've changed the charge distance of the units and now you won't have men that are very far away and the rest of the company is in melee.

I meant once they are already in combat the units tend to spread out (at least with vanilla) its most noticeable during sieges.

Plumo's Avatar Taihō no heishi

1: Is a breakdown into 2 factions needed? I mean: will their units/gameplay be so different?

2; I assume the Orkneys and Shetlands are not included on the map? (otherwise they could be a faction as well)

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE?!
    Content Staff

Orkney Islands are included, just like in Kingdoms Britannia and they're held by the Viking faction.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information