Thread: Writing Assignment #1

StealthFox's Avatar Consensus Achieved
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Default Writing Assignment #1

Writing Assignment 1

Your first essay assignment will be due within 2 weeks from today. The only requirements are that it be of reasonable length, 3-5 paragraphs and at least 2 pages long (in a Word/Works document). Write a short essay here on something in your life that had a significant impact on you. Anything you consider to be the most interesting thing to happen to you, or anything else that you feel was an important event in your life. Introduce it clearly, detail it concisely, and be sure to conclude with at least the main lesson you learned from it.

This does not have to be to the word of this prompt either, these writing assignments we give you are meant to give you a good degree of freedom on what you write on and how you write about it. If you feel you have something you could write about with much more ease right now then what is detailed in this prompt, feel free to PM any one of us and we will definitely consider letting you write about something else completely. This is also a 2 week assignment, so do feel free to pump out a rough draft or two and send those to us as well, we will give you feedback so you can shape it into a good final draft.

Due: March 5

Students Completed
    Maximinus Thrax
    NekoG
    Ngugi
    Sirius Black
    Last edited by StealthFox; April 09, 2012 at 11:33 AM.

Default Re: Writing Assignment #1

Can it also be something that has happened elsewhere, that has affected you?

|Of, the esteemed House: DE BODEMLOZE|

I'm open to allow a good deal of freedom here, so I'm willing to allow it as long as the other profs don't have a problem with it.

Lesson Five is also posted. Lesson Five is due March 1 and this writing assignment will be due March 5.

BTW, this writing assignment might by a good opportunity to write something and get some feedback for entry into the Scriptorium Writing Competition.
    Last edited by StealthFox; February 22, 2012 at 10:25 AM.

Mega Tortas de Bodemloze's Avatar Let's Get After It
    Fort Hood, Texas/Parramatta, New South Wales, Bristol, Tennessee

Due: March 5
    Ummm... can we gets an extention....cuz likes I is still working on lesson 4 and time ain't no ally nor friend of mine right now...It just sits there staring....mocking...Indignant & Superior........
    I really hate that guy btw...
    A Lion serves in Winter, then perhaps a Unicorn for the Spring.

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,
    then the weight of the evidence will still fall in your favor and carry the day

The Casual Tortoise: Mega's Guide to Fast Turtling

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Tortas de Bodemloze View Post
    Ummm... can we gets an extention....
    Get it done and send it in, just don't wait too late or I'll have to send the Reapers.

Mega Tortas de Bodemloze's Avatar Let's Get After It
    Fort Hood, Texas/Parramatta, New South Wales, Bristol, Tennessee

.....*Glup*............
    A Lion serves in Winter, then perhaps a Unicorn for the Spring.

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,
    then the weight of the evidence will still fall in your favor and carry the day

The Casual Tortoise: Mega's Guide to Fast Turtling