Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: XC 4 1.0 is Released!

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: XC 4 1.0 is Released!

Brilliant looking mod! well done

I will make RS2 Environment mod for this mod

Agisilaos's Avatar GREECE - ΕΛΛΑΔΑ

Just saw the announcement. Congratulations I am downloading it right now.
    Macedones were, are and will always be Greeks
    Under the Noble Patronage of jimkatalanos and proud patron of Agis Tournas and cocobongoclub-DJ
    Terrae Expugnandae, Imperial Might, Mythology, Complete Byzantine Roster, Ruins of glory, Sparta 3, Hegemonia City States, Roma Surrectum 2,300 Warlords of Sparta, Sparta 3.5, Classical Age Total War
    watch this
    , this and this
    Τακτική είναι να ξέρεις τι να κάνεις αν υπάρχει κάτι που μπορείς να κάνεις.
    Στρατηγική είναι να ξέρεις τι να κάνεις όταν δεν υπάρχει τίποτα να κάνεις.

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Zarax View Post
    http://www.wmwiki.com/hosted/cv/xcfi...st22022012.exe

If you're having problems try this build.
    If you still get a ctd:

1) make sure that you have no other mods installer
    2) make sure that you have RTW patch 1.5 or BI patch 1.6 (RTW gold users might need to reinstall the patches)
    3) report factions involved in battle
    4) report battle location
    5) report units involved

I have a clean RTW 1.5 install. I have overwritten my first mod with this build but I still get a ctd. Playing as Rome it's the very first battle against that full stack of green blokes. I had the same problem with a previous version of this mod. I can auto resolve and play the game but the moment I want to fight a battle - ctd

Zarax's Avatar Triple Chaosmaster

Same recommendations as before, try this: http://www.wmwiki.com/hosted/cv/xcfi...t220220122.exe
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

I was just about to turn my computer of. Well, guess that won't be happening for a while. + Rep for this amazing mod

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Zarax View Post
    Same recommendations as before, try this: http://www.wmwiki.com/hosted/cv/xcfi...t220220122.exe
    Thanks for your help Zarax, all to no avail. Clean install of RTW having deinstalled mod. Installed mod via your link but ctd on first battle. I don't know if running on Windows 7 makes a difference. I get the occasional ctd with RTW but not enough to spoil gameplay. Pity because this looks like a terrific mod. Removed FOW to look at the map and it's huge. Would take a lot of conquering. If anyone out there has an answer I would be grateful

Allright, let's try the last resort.

http://www.wmwiki.com/hosted/cv/xcfiles/Data.exe

This is a copy of my data folder, it assumes you're using BI.

Try copying it over your xc/data folder

- If it doesn't work it's a patching problem and you need to (force) install BI patch 1.6

- If it works please reinstall the mod and unpack the file elsewhere, we need to understand which files are missing.
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Zarax - Mine works with Alex Install 100% with no problems as yet, apart from data_chan filter error and I just copied the Alexander one into the xc/data folder and all worked!

Hello, first congratulations, is a great mod
    (sorry for my poor English)
    but I have a question, the installer will not let me select Barbarian or Alex
    Is this normal?
    because I have not hordes or shield wall.

All running great for me i started fought and won a Iberian vh/vh in 113 turns to test it out and didnt come across a single problem apart from the romans seemingly endless horde's which took 3 stacks and 21 turns for me to beat down and wipe out entirely but by that stage ( About 75 turns in i had 5 stacks so i kept up my invasion of carthage and gaul at the same time without much trouble.

Im running a new one now im about 95 turns in with 1 elite stack i control all of Iberia but im not expanding beyond and since i down to barely 1k profit a turn im just spending my time bringing my economy upto spec and running short raids on large city's to take them loot execute them then leave again to provide cash.

Great mod and i especially enjoy rofl stomping the greeks with an army composed entirely of cretan archers and my own unique hoplites from Iberia .
    I am the shadow, and the smoke in your eyes I am the ghost, that hides in the night.

We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in France,
    we shall fight on the seas and oceans,
    we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be,
    we shall fight on the beaches,
    we shall fight on the landing grounds,
    we shall fight in the fields and in the streets,
    we shall fight in the hills;
    we shall never surrender.

" The dark is generous.
    Its first gift is concealment: our true faces lie in the dark beneath our skins, our true hearts remain shadowed deeper still. But the greatest concealment lies not in protecting our secret truths, but in hiding from the truths of others.
    The dark protects us from what we dare not know.
    Its second gift is comforting illusion: the ease of gentle dreams in night’s embrace, the beauty that imagination brings to what would repel in the day’s harsh light. But the greatest of its comforts is the illusion that dark is temporary: that every night brings a new day. Because it’s the day that is temporary.
    Day is the illusion.
    Its third gift is the light itself: as days are defined by the nights that divide them, as stars are defined by the infinite black through which they wheel, the dark embraces the light, and brings it forth from the center of its own self.
    With each victory of the light, it is the dark that wins.

The dark is generous, and it is patient.
    It is the dark that seeds cruelty into justice, that drips contempt into compassion, that poisons love with grains of doubt.
    The dark can be patient, because the slightest drop of rain will cause those seeds to sprout.
    The rain will come, and the seeds will sprout, for the dark is the soil in which they grow, and it is the clouds above them, and it waits behind the star that gives them light.
    The dark’s patience is infinite.
    Eventually, even stars burn out.

The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
    It always wins because it is everywhere.
    It is in the wood that burns in your hearth, and in the kettle on the fire; it is under your chair and under your table and under the sheets on your bed. Walk in the midday sun, and the dark is with you, attached to the soles of your feet.
    The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.

The dark is generous and it is patient and it always wins – but in the heart of its strength lies its weakness: one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
    Love is more than a candle.
    Love can ignite the stars."

Alpha and Omega the beginning and the end.

You began the war.

I am going to end it!

Spike's Avatar Primicerius

ouch ouch update... duh...

Annokerate Koriospera Yuinete Kuliansa

Hi,
    I saw in some screens that you had the new settlement look for your settlements. Where can I get those? This mod has the old looking cities.

thanks.

Did you check "Improved Strat Settlement" as option in the installer?
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

hmm I am positive I did. How about zero recruitment? Is this possible?

0 turn recruitment does not really work well with the mod as it's supposed to be about limited numbers of stacks and tight economy.
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Everyone please post your installation setup in this thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=524544

It should help us narrowing down the source of installation issues for some.
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Okay, I see your point Zarax. Is there a way doing it anyway?

Err, what do you mean?
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

I think he means that he understands the reason why 0 turn recruitment is not in this mod, however, he wants to know how to change the mod by himself to get 0 turn recruitment.

Yes, it's a fairly simple EDU modification, making a 0 turns submod wouldn't be too hard.
    The Best Is Yet To Come: