Thread: Unfair fights.

Default Unfair fights.

I came across a small issue, while playing as the Dutch using max 20 units per stack. I entered a battle against 2 stacks one full and one 3/4 full. An allied French full stack also joined in the fight as reserves. I deployed my 20 units and we started the battle. The whole 20 French units then came into the battle giving us 40 units against his 20. So even though its only a 20 unit limit game we vastley outnumbered and rolled over his army even though he had reserves that could not enter.

I don't know if anything can be done to stop this happening but does cause massive unbalance in a scrap. I'm still enjoying the mod immensely though

steve

Senator

Default Re: Unfair fights.

So you didn't have the 40 unit/stack allowance?

Jokern's Avatar Mowbray of Nottingham

The game works so that if you have an ally army that reinforce you, they come directly. On the other hand, if you have a reinforcing army that belongs to you, the units come one by one as your units rout from the battle.

are there any mods that can let the player-own reinforcement enter battle like ally forces do?

Thats how its supposed to work, derp.

Larkin, 20 unit stack game.

Cpt.Wsq96, It kinda spoils the game a little working this way as it seriously unbalanced what should of been a decent fight. It should of been a 20/20 fight or a 40/40 but i guess thats deep programing territory and not possible within the Mod ?

Thanks for the replies to this.

steve

No its what would happen in real life if you have another army you wouldnt say oh right we will leave it, plus the French wont be with you always so it wont happen again most probably.

Hey Jamson,

I think were not thinking along the same lines. The enemy fields a full stack and a 3/4 full stack but only enters battle with his full stack as its a 20 unit game. I get my full 20 plus another french 20 giving me 40 against his 20. His 3/4 full stack only enter as reserves 1 at a time after one of the origional units flees. In effect it should be a 20 v 20 with reserves or a 40 v 35.

steve

Ah sorry yeah well if you have 40v40 they would of combined their armies and it would of been fair, but it is silly that they didnt reinforce but that is the engine :/

Quote Originally Posted by reef View Post
    I came across a small issue, while playing as the Dutch using max 20 units per stack. I entered a battle against 2 stacks one full and one 3/4 full. An allied French full stack also joined in the fight as reserves. I deployed my 20 units and we started the battle. The whole 20 French units then came into the battle giving us 40 units against his 20. So even though its only a 20 unit limit game we vastley outnumbered and rolled over his army even though he had reserves that could not enter.

I don't know if anything can be done to stop this happening but does cause massive unbalance in a scrap. I'm still enjoying the mod immensely though

steve
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdHuo1waI84