Thread: [Expired] Free 3d software limited time only

Default [Expired] Free 3d software limited time only

Happened to go on the DAZ website today to look something up about Bryce Pro and discovered they are giving away over $800 worth of 3d software for a limited time. I did a bit of research and it would seem this offer is going to end in 10 days on 29th February 2012 [edit: looks like I was wrong about this date!].

The Software:
    DAZ studio pro -
    a feature rich 3D figure customization, posing, and animation tool that enables anyone to create stunning digital illustrations and 3D animations.
    I probably won't use this program personally as I've recently been teaching myself Poser, but it looks just as good.

Bryce 7 Pro -
    is an award winning, fun, feature-packed 3D modeling and animation package designed to allow new users to quickly create and render stunning 3D environments
    I've been using this program for a couple of years and love it, it's great for making desktop wallpapers and I have used it for backgrounds on signatures.

Hexagon 2.5 -
    delivers all the tools a graphic artist needs to create detailed 3D models ready for final render
    Creating 3d models is beyond my capabilities so I can't give any feedback, but I don't think it's anywhere near as good as 3DS max or Maya but it may be useful for learning and you may be able to export the models to 3ds max.

Just to be clear these are the actual pro edition's they are giving away and not just the learning editions.

TIP: You can get 3d models for free by searching sites like Renderosity and the DAZ site (I'm sure I've seen both Michael and Victoria free in the past)

Overall as a package it looks like a good set of tools for someone wanting to learn 3d art.
    The Link: http://www.daz3d.com/i/3d/free-3d-so...me_5_btn=start
    Last edited by Balian76; March 05, 2012 at 02:37 AM.

CoconutFred's Avatar Senator
    Your local ShopRite, at 5% off on Fridays.

Default Re: Free 3d software limited time only

Thanks for the heads up, downloading right now!

Lü Bu's Avatar "Mightyest Man Alive"

i got it already...tnx anyway for link...but do you know is there free download for Game Developer Kit for DAZ studio pro
    Proud patron of Wlesmana
    Assyria Total War
    Check update thread for new HQ models
    My Workshop™

Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5

Thanks for the link .

Have some +rep

Quote Originally Posted by Lü Bu View Post
    i got it already...tnx anyway for link...but do you know is there free download for Game Developer Kit for DAZ studio pro
    Not sure, is that a 3rd party plugin? They're giving away the FBX plug-in