Thread: Weird Texture Error?

Default Weird Texture Error?

Hello,

I've been trying to learn how to do my own unit variant modifications for an upcoming unit.

The purpose is to create a unit where the soldiers are a mix of monks, ashigaru, and samurai led by a tactician hero. Basically a hero version of a general unit.

However, the end result is a strange texture bug, although I do see variation in the helmets and crests.

I've uploaded the .pack file and hopefully someone has time to dissect it and tell me what went wrong.

Thanks.

Akaie's Avatar Sangi Ukon'e no Chūjō

Default Re: Weird Texture Error?

At first glance, there's a major issue: you've referenced many unit parts that are not in the associated .dds/.atlas sets. It actually seems as though none of the additional unit parts you're referencing are in the associated .atlas/.dds sets.

In different locations, the game will use both the .atlas/.dds set and the individual texture files (the texture folder that also holds the mesh). In battles, I found the game will use the .atlas/.dds sets.

I have had these sorts of issues, and at this sort of scale it is horrible to scan for errors when this happens. My advice to you is this: start simple. Take a pre-existing .atlas/.dds sets, replace a single unit part, implement it in a unit_variant and perfect that.

The S2 Onin War Mod | Boshin: Total Domains
    Patron of Erwin Rommel
    Under the proud patronage of Radious

I see. I guess I can't have jingasas and other helmets in the same set then....
    Thanks.

Okay, I managed to fix the problem.

I'm using the ikko ikki ashigaru as a base.

However, while I can add in more helmets and etc., I cannot add in new model parts (thigh guards, masks). If I try the latter, the game crashes. Why is that?