Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: beermug's Expanded Americas Renovation Project 1.5 07/11/2012

Default Re: beermug's Expanded Americas Renovation Project 1.5 07/11/2012

I made the same mistake as you, Dracula. When you install the 2nd part of the mod be careful to browse the installer into expanded_americas3.3/data not in /expanded_americas3.3, else the campaign won't load.

Small feedback for this submod: the units are very hard to kill and battles tend to last very very long. Par example, a peasant unit can hold a heavy infantry unit for a very long time. Or at a castle defense when I tried to counter a siege tower with my heavy infantry(like I did in vanilla or SS) their weak units overwhelmed the tight wall and I couldn't kill them at all. The battle was over after 60 minutes but they were still fighting on the walls.

I simply get the campaign intro and then it loads and then it says, "M2TW has a unspecified error and will now quit." How do I fix this?

Lanjane's Avatar Artifex

Hello!
    I made a few tweaks for this submod recently, mostly they are personal preferences, but also some fixes. Maybe somebody will find them useful. I had a fantastic campaign with Timurids using these tweaks.

Changelog:
    - Fixed missing textures and UI's for units (mercenary cannon, Marshall of the Hospitallers, Marshall of the Templars, mercenary bombard, norse axemen)
    - Campaign: 4tpy with proper character ageing, longer movement range (!), boosted trade income, removed money scripts for the AI for faster turns (now 5x times faster!!!), edited some other minor stuff.
    - Balancing: all units get +2 armor and +10 defence skill. Battles now are much smoother and much more enjoyable without so many casualties. You may also wish to edit battle_config.xml to lower weapon lethality, but I didn't tweak it since stats are enough, I think.
    - Campaign: a few new portraits for eastern generals (made by me, using MTW 1 ones) and portraits for muslim princesses (sorry, I forgot the source).
    - Campaign: replaced strat models for settlements with better ones from popular minimod by Agart.

Installation is simple: copy files from the archive over Expanded Americas with Renovation Project installed. Apply overwriting. Enjoy!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Don't run too far, you will have to return the same distance.
    - Biblical Proverb
    Nobody will try to figure it out if you are made of glass or of metal. They'll treat you the same way.
    When you show your strength, you'll find a company of those who want to steal it from you, but your weakness, you'll be all alone with it.

- Winter Voices

Lanjane's Barbarian Empires * Barbarian Empires: Hellenistic Legacy * Extended Cultures V * Rome - Total Realism 8 * Lanjane's Mini-Workshop * Rome: Total Music

Thank you for these tweaks, very useful!

Quote Originally Posted by Lanjane View Post
    Hello!
    I made a few tweaks for this submod recently, mostly they are personal preferences, but also some fixes. Maybe somebody will find them useful. I had a fantastic campaign with Timurids using these tweaks.

Changelog:
    - Fixed missing textures and UI's for units (mercenary cannon, Marshall of the Hospitallers, Marshall of the Templars, mercenary bombard, norse axemen)
    - Campaign: 4tpy with proper character ageing, longer movement range (!), boosted trade income, removed money scripts for the AI for faster turns (now 5x times faster!!!), edited some other minor stuff.
    - Balancing: all units get +2 armor and +10 defence skill. Battles now are much smoother and much more enjoyable without so many casualties. You may also wish to edit battle_config.xml to lower weapon lethality, but I didn't tweak it since stats are enough, I think.
    - Campaign: a few new portraits for eastern generals (made by me, using MTW 1 ones) and portraits for muslim princesses (sorry, I forgot the source).
    - Campaign: replaced strat models for settlements with better ones from popular minimod by Agart.

Installation is simple: copy files from the archive over Expanded Americas with Renovation Project installed. Apply overwriting. Enjoy!

Hi,

I have a question. So the correct order of the installation is:

Expanded_Americas3.3_Part1.exe, then Expanded_Americas3.3_Part2.exe

then Exp_Americas+Renovation_Project - data then Exp_Americas+Renovation_Project_Tweaks

and the last two are G5 Settlement Tweaks v0.2.exe and ReallyBadAI_Install.exe

or I am wrong?

and I got a CTD while loading a battle, can someone please help!!

12:07:59.828 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    12:07:59.828 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    12:07:59.921 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    12:07:59.953 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    12:08:00.031 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    12:08:00.093 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    12:08:00.140 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    12:08:00.156 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    12:08:19.640 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/expanded_americas3.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 13800, column 48
    trigger not found
    12:08:19.671 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/expanded_americas3.3/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 26312, column 45
    Building level name ballista_range not found as a level in building database
    12:08:21.015 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/expanded_americas3.3/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 6865, column 43
    Building level name catapult_range not found as a level in building database
    12:08:21.015 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/expanded_americas3.3/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 6876, column 43
    Building level name c_catapult_range not found as a level in building database
    12:08:21.015 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/expanded_americas3.3/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 7115, column 43
    Building level name catapult_range not found as a level in building database
    12:08:21.015 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/expanded_americas3.3/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 7125, column 43
    Building level name c_catapult_range not found as a level in building database
    12:08:21.015 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/expanded_americas3.3/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 7133, column 45
    Building level name siege_works not found as a level in building database
    12:08:21.015 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/expanded_americas3.3/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt, at line 7140, column 45
    Building level name c_siege_works not found as a level in building database
    12:08:56.250 [game.script] [always] Germanicu5 ReallyBadAI v5.7 Running. Please upload log and savegames when reporting battle CTDs for SS.
    12:10:33.218 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Thank you for any help!!
    Last edited by Marc Byzantinum; November 11, 2015 at 05:13 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123