Thread: epic music

Default epic music

a excellent music for the mod,the last part of this song is epic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b493S...eature=related

Default Re: epic music

Quote Originally Posted by Anibal at portas View Post

We use ONLY music composed or known in Middle Ages performed by today's artists without any digital enhancements. There is one exception to this rule (in terms of timeframe, not the digital one) and that is the title song of the mod Dominion of the Sword which is the song from Glorious Revolution times.

Mod Leader, Mapper & Bohemian Researcher

Stívarđr Reynitré's Avatar Domesticus

God bless King Billy for providing your music...

Quote Originally Posted by Anibal at portas View Post

Yeah that isn't suitable sorry for two main reasons:

1- like Res said it isn't historically accurate

2- it's from another game!

Diodredai's Avatar Tiro
    Budapest, Hungary formerly Melbourne Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Space_Ed View Post
    Yeah that isn't suitable sorry for two main reasons:

1- like Res said it isn't historically accurate

2- it's from another game!
    It's good to see you've made it back from Spain safe and sound Ed! [PS: check your inbox! ]

A few examples of what's already made it into the game:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The shear amount of music featured in DotS will amaze you guys I assure you of that [currently clocking at 53 hours 41 minutes 51 seconds].

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to listen to two full hours of epic Georgian medieval chants, thanks to Ed and the DotS music team.

~ Diodredai

Creator of the Unoffical DotS FAQ thread
    "Sagittis hungarorum libera nos Domine" (translation: "Lord save us from the arrows of the Hungarians")
    Creator of the Share your musical heritage! thread in the DotS forums

Vipman's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Diodredai View Post

The shear amount of music featured in DotS will amaze you guys I assure you of that [currently clocking at 53 hours 41 minutes 51 seconds].

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to listen to two full hours of epic Georgian medieval chants, thanks to Ed and the DotS music team.

~ Diodredai
    great! amazing! also thank you for the vids you posted, and some rep will be given for this, but one problem, who are those in the Dots music team, and actually where can i see who are all the members that create this mod? i just searched around and i couldn't find any thread where the team members are presented...

i found out pretty recently about this mod so i guess i'm lucky, 3 years have passed, 1 more to go?

anyway thanks to all who contributed with the music, it's a very big thing to me, vanilla music was a big factor that made me lose interest in some nice mods.

DotS' music team:

Ed
    Ed
    Ed
    &
    Ed

with Ed

and also special thanks to... Ed

Now, here you have it so off with you repping all those guys!!!

Mod Leader, Mapper & Bohemian Researcher

Quote Originally Posted by Resurrection View Post
    DotS' music team:

Ed
    Ed
    Ed
    &
    Ed

with Ed

and also special thanks to... Ed

Now, here you have it so off with you repping all those guys!!!
    wow now that's a really huge team then why is it called music team instead of Dots music master or something?
    unfortunately i'll have to do monthly repping payment as i'd have to rep 30 more guys to give 6 rep to same person... any suggestions on who to rep?

Diodredai's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by vipman View Post
    who are those in the Dots music team, and actually where can i see who are all the members that create this mod?
    I don't think such a list exists, once the mod releases the credits will contain all the people who contributed (fyi. I joined the project recently and I barely know but a small portion of the fine people who develop DotS)

i found out pretty recently about this mod so i guess i'm lucky, 3 years have passed, 1 more to go? >
    Less

wow now that's a really huge team then why is it called music team instead of Dots music master or something?
    Because Ed is larger than life!

F.Y.I Space_Ed is actually Ed (I know, the name pretty much gives it away ) Off ye go stout yeoman! Bombard Ed with thy rep!

To all the faithful fans of DotS, here's another batch of medieval music that will be present in DotS to listen to!

The intro theme to the Kingdom of Hungary:

Last edited by Diodredai; February 23, 2012 at 03:29 PM.

"Sagittis hungarorum libera nos Domine" (translation: "Lord save us from the arrows of the Hungarians")

Less
    OH YEAAH! btw i actually meant that 1 year to be like a maximum apocaliptic release... speaking of apocaliptic, it'd better release before the end of the world by mayans on 21 12, or what if the mayans actually predicted that the release of Dots will bring the end of the world? or more likely Dots will be the end of my RL world
    Because Ed is larger than life!

F.Y.I Space_Ed is actually Ed (I know, the name pretty much gives it away ) Off ye go stout yeoman! Bombard Ed with thy rep!
    Aye sir! thy first rep already delivered before thy yeoman found out thy Master of Music is thy whole music team, sir!

To all the faithful fans of DotS, here's another batch of medieval music that will be present in DotS to listen to!

The intro theme to the Kingdom of Hungary:

Thanks again

It's good to see you've made it back from Spain safe and sound Ed! [PS: check your inbox! ]

~ Diodredai
    Thanks

Sorry I didn't get back to you, I was a bit busy at the time. Thank you very much for the email

Quote Originally Posted by Resurrection View Post
    We use ONLY music composed or known in Middle Ages performed by today's artists without any digital enhancements. There is one exception to this rule (in terms of timeframe, not the digital one) and that is the title song of the mod Dominion of the Sword which is the song from Glorious Revolution times.
    If I could advise one good source for period music it'd be the Flemish Gruuthuse manuscript, written around 1400. It has alot of music that has been faithfully redone by Camerata Trajectina:

Quote Originally Posted by A.J.P. Taylor
    Peaceful agreement and government by consent are possible only on the basis of ideas common to all parties; and these ideas must spring from habit and from history. Once reason is introduced, every man, every class, every nation becomes a law unto itself; and the only right which reason understands is the right of the stronger. Reason formulates universal principles and is therefore intolerant: there can be only one rational society, one rational nation, ultimately one rational man. Decisions between rival reasons can be made only by force.

Quote Originally Posted by H.L Spieghel
    Is het niet hogelijk te verwonderen, en een recht beklaaglijke zaak, Heren, dat alhoewel onze algemene Dietse taal een onvermengde, sierlijke en verstandelijke spraak is, die zich ook zo wijd als enige talen des werelds verspreidt, en die in haar bevang veel rijken, vorstendommen en landen bevat, welke dagelijks zeer veel kloeke en hooggeleerde verstanden uitleveren, dat ze nochtans zo zwakkelijk opgeholpen en zo weinig met geleerdheid verrijkt en versiert wordt, tot een jammerlijk hinder en nadeel des volks?
    Quote Originally Posted by Miel Cools
    Als ik oud ben wil ik zingen,
    Oud ben maar nog niet verrot.
    Zoals oude bomen zingen,
    Voor Jan Lul of voor hun god.
    Ook een oude boom wil reizen,
    Bij een bries of bij een storm.
    Zelfs al zit zijn kruin vol luizen,
    Zelfs al zit zijn voet vol worm.
    Als ik oud ben wil ik zingen.

Cň am Fear am measg ant-sluaigh,
    A mhaireas buan gu brŕth?
    Chan eil sinn uileadh ach air chuart,
    Mar dhěthein buaile fŕs,
    Bheir siantannan na bliadhna sěos,
    'S nach tog a' ghrian an ŕird.

Quote Originally Posted by Jörg Friedrich
    When do I stop being a justified warrior? When I've killed a million bad civilians? When I've killed three million bad civilians? According to a warsimulation by the Pentagon in 1953 the entire area of Russia would've been reduced to ruins with 60 million casualties. All bad Russians. 60 million bad guys. By how many million ''bad'' casualties do I stop being a knight of justice? Isn't that the question those knights must ask themselves? If there's no-one left, and I remain as the only just one,

Then I'm God.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis Napoleon III, Des Idees Napoleoniennes
    Governments have been established to aid society to overcome the obstacles which impede its march. Their forms have been varied according to the problems they have been called to cure, and according to character of the people they have ruled over. Their task never has been, and never will be easy, because the two contrary elements, of which our existence and the nature of society is composed, demand the employment of different means. In view of our divine essence, we need only liberty and work; in view of our mortal nature, we need for our direction a guide and a support. A government is not then, as a distinguished economist has said, a necessary ulcer; it is rather the beneficent motive power of all social organisation.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang Held
    I walked into those baracks [of Buchenwald concentrationcamp], in which there were people on the three-layered bunkbeds. But only their eyes were alive. Emaciated, skinny figures, nothing more but skin and bones. One thinks that they are dead, because they did not move. Only the eyes. I started to cry. And then one of the prisoners came, stood by me for a while, put a hand on my shoulder and said to me, something that I will never forget: ''Tränen sind denn nicht genug, mein Junge,
    Tränen sind denn nicht genug.''

Jajem ssoref is m'n korew
    E goochem mit e wenk, e nar mit e shtomp
    Wer niks is, hot kawsones

Diodredai's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Croccer View Post
    If I could advise one good source for period music it'd be the Flemish Gruuthuse manuscript, written around 1400. It has alot of music that has been faithfully redone by Camerata Trajectina:
    Thanks for the links, but DotS will not feature any Flemish faction. You see the music in the mod is actually categorical: if you are playing as England persay, then you will hear English tunes. Although the mod contains music from Morocco to the Russian steppes, the music roster is faction specific: i.e you won't hear Hungarian tunes when playing as France or vice versa. Although a few factions share one or two tracks, (such as the military mobilize, victory - defeat exct) every faction respresents it's rich musical tradition in this way.