Thread: Whats your choice? More units or functioning statistics screen?

Icon7 Whats your choice? More units or functioning statistics screen?

Hi,
    I have a simple question.
    First some background info:
    In HOI3, if we add more units to the game(modding) the statistics tab is screwed.
    If too much new units are added, they just ran out of the screen and we have no nice overview about our forces.
    Also the pie charts are screwed, even with the original amount of units..
    Example below(I.C.E.-Mod ver. 3.3.4/SF ver. 2.04) Just click for bigger image:

Both pic rows show the '44 standard start date with GER.

I changed in my current AHOI-Mod that way, that I tried to get along with the max amount of units that are visable with a resolution of 1280*768. That allows already for some few more units and has still a functioning statistics.
    Example below(AHOI-Mod /FTM ver. 3.05)Just click for bigger image:

Now the question:
    1) Is it important for you to have a functioning statistic screens area like in the original HOI3 / AHOI-Mod.
    2) Or would you trade that feature with even more units?

My personal opinion is that the stat setcion should work, and because of that I put so far quite some work in the way how I can handle units and have still a wide range of different troops with them. Also I'm thinking here for AAR's where statistics are nice to watch.
    On the other hand, more units allow different solutions like more unique counters and such.

Whats your choice?

Cheers,
    Chromos

TheBromgrev's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: Whats your choice? More units or functioning statistics screen?

Quote Originally Posted by Chromos View Post
    My personal opinion is that the stat setcion should work, and because of that I put so far quite some work in the way how I can handle units and have still a wide range of different troops with them. Also I'm thinking here for AAR's where statistics are nice to watch.
    I agree completely with this statement, and the HPP mod, which is by-far the most popular mod for AARs in PI's official forum, follows this philosophy too.