Thread: So does SLI just not work at all with this game?

Default So does SLI just not work at all with this game?

Just picked up a second gtx 560 ti to SLI and was hoping it would help for Shogun 2. Unfortunately it seems SLI just doesnt work with this game?

I've tried several different drivers and so far performance is worse with SLI than without. Has anyone got SLI to work with this game? Which driver works best if so and what else could I be overlooking.

Battlefield 3 and the Witcher 2 both work fine with SLI so its not my system.

Specs are:

i5 2500K @ 4.5ghz
    16gb of ram
    850w PSU
    gtx 560 ti twin frozr SLI

Default Re: So does SLI just not work at all with this game?

some people have succeeded and some have failed. What are your temps for both cards and what driver are you on now?
    Create a Multiplayer Army Online at: www.shogun2armycreator.netne.net
    Your Unofficial Shogun 2 Tech Support Genius
    Visit my Youtube Channel
    Shogun 2 and Star Wars: The Old Republic Gameplay

http://www.youtube.com/itsmymillertime

those fps seem pretty low. i guess they have shadows maxed etc..

p.s been around here since 295 days and yeah sli and tw is a "headache".

I have to do more testing still but it seems that maybe SLI is working when running a benchmark but not while actually in game playing, which seems odd.

Its really too bad, my 560 ti SLI destroys most other games.

Quote Originally Posted by TW Junkie View Post
    I have to do more testing still but it seems that maybe SLI is working when running a benchmark but not while actually in game playing, which seems odd.

Its really too bad, my 560 ti SLI destroys most other games.
    reason why at the time i got rid of 5870 xfire for single gpu 580 because as a tw gamer i knew it would start to irritate me.

i think as a sli owner u have to expect the odd game or here not working great but when it does am sure you are one happy bunny!

p.s sli 560 is poss the best bang for buck option out there atm..

possible look into nvidia inspector
    Last edited by Totalheadache; February 15, 2012 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Totalheadache View Post
    reason why at the time i got rid of 5870 xfire for single gpu 580 because as a tw gamer i knew it would start to irritate me.

i think as a sli owner u have to expect the odd game or here not working great but when it does am sure you are one happy bunny!

p.s sli 560 is poss the best bang for buck option out there atm..

possible look into nvidia inspector
    yeah I got my second 560 ti twin frozr for 130 because I had a gift card. So I paid less than 400 for this setup. Am definitely happy with the performance, especially since both cards overclock very well.

never really used nvidia inspector, does it make a big difference?

Quote Originally Posted by TW Junkie View Post
    yeah I got my second 560 ti twin frozr for 130 because I had a gift card. So I paid less than 400 for this setup. Am definitely happy with the performance, especially since both cards overclock very well.

never really used nvidia inspector, does it make a big difference?
    well i know peeps over @guru who use it and I think doesnt necessarily mean sli users..it can be used for forcing aa or others forms of aa.

e.g mass effect 2 you can use it to get a crisper form of aa. personally am not using it atm becuase am sticking to aa that comes with the game (skyrim,fifa,mass effect2,shogun2).

if you do have sli often means you have more fps that means using nvidia inspector with certain games you can use better/more demanding aa and you can also change the rendering method and use difference compatability flags..

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=339043

perhaps check to see over at guru if someone has or could work out settings for you...often it's more guesswork than anything..

Forcing additional 2x transparency AA from Nvidia Inspector is a must for Shogun 2 if you want great image quality, imho. It greatly reduces the flickering associated with the outline of finely detailed objects like foliage or also soldiers from further away. For checking out the effect, just run the S2 benchmark with game settings and for example look at the marching columns of white soldiers from far away. Even with 2xTSAA the flickering will be greatly reduced.

Quote Originally Posted by A Barbarian View Post
    Forcing additional 2x transparency AA from Nvidia Inspector is a must for Shogun 2 if you want great image quality, imho. It greatly reduces the flickering associated with the outline of finely detailed objects like foliage or also soldiers from further away. For checking out the effect, just run the S2 benchmark with game settings and for example look at the marching columns of white soldiers from far away. Even with 2xTSAA the flickering will be greatly reduced.
    will give that a try if i play shogun2 again. (am guessing you get a fps hit with supersampling).

sure u get a fps hit, but with 2xTSSA it's not too bad and the visual improvement worth it imho (but I am very very very sensitive to flickers )