Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: I believe it's time we called a truce.

Default Re: I believe it's time we called a truce.

Honestly, I can understand why people get irked by the wrong faction colors. When my brother says any Chinese name I cringe and die a little because of how brutally incorrect the pronunciation is. When you know how something is supposed to be, and it's not that way, I understand and sympathize that would really be something that grates against you, especially if it's like uniforms - something you'll be staring at the entire game.

That said, it's easily fixed by altering the colors so the big hubbub is definitely unnecessary

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

I agree. Things like that dont bother me too much.

But they are something that would easily be fixed with mod tools, thus eliminating all of the hubbub.
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

Why? Why cant we have modding tools? If you would answer this question, Im sure it would cut the complaints by at least half. Even if it's not the answer we hope to hear, it would be good to get some closure on the matter.
    Bothered reading this?

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=463622

I agree with you about these forums being filled with idiots. Honestly, sometimes I think TW fanboys are sometimes more annoying in their hate for CA than COD fanboys hating every other FPS game. People like this moron here...

i only came to think of etw again after seeing this old steam post about a lame ass explaination why there were no mod tools (too complicated).. who are they too judge?

There's some CA hate posts here in the forum that simply make me eyeroll.
    Last edited by beckyolt; February 20, 2012 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by beckyolt View Post
    Bothered reading this?

I agree with you about these forums being filled with idiots. Honestly, sometimes I think TW fanboys are sometimes more annoying in their hate for CA than COD fanboys hating every other FPS game. People like this moron here...

There's some CA hate posts here in the forum that simply make me eyeroll.
    oh dear diddums! really you assume this guy is an idiot because of this one post...if he is constantly posting stuff like this then fair enough.

sorry this thread is a complete overeaction to perhaps a few individuals (less than 5) who have had a bit of a rant.

if you want to waste your time getting annoyed by every anti CA comment then that's very sad.

p.s if someone is very rude etc i'll be the first to tell them so...
    Last edited by Totalheadache; February 20, 2012 at 12:39 PM.

Taraphir's Avatar Semisalis

[QUOTE=beckyolt;11064716]Bothered reading this?

I read this post last year. Although the attached material in large was already laboriously researched
    the signal to the community was very promising. Unfortunately from CAīs side the thread hasnīt been
    visited for some time. Right now we could need some documentation on how to mod the Campaign Map
    of Empire Total War, Napoleon and Shogun II. Would cost CA almost nothing.

Civis

Modding tools would mean more purchases.

There hasn't been any good mods since Empire really, through no fault of the modders. I blame CA 100% for either A. Withholding mod tools until the game is a year old or B. Never providing them.

Take Medival 2. It had both Stainless Steel and Third Age Total War, both clearly, clearly better than the games they modded. Yes, CA provided the framework, but King Kong improved everything from gameplay to graphics to the AI itself. Honestly, I can't even play Med. 2 anymore because it's so bad compared to those 2 mods.

Empire was the same way. Without Darthmod Ultimate Commander? A buggy game with awful unit diversity. With it? 20+ units added for all majors and the AI isn't retarded anymore.

Of course, none of that can happen anymore. Thanks CA! Also of course, I'll still buy your games forever and ever. But I don't have to be happy about your decisions for me to enjoy your game!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Knight View Post
    Modding tools would mean more purchases.

There hasn't been any good mods since Empire really, through no fault of the modders. I blame CA 100% for either A. Withholding mod tools until the game is a year old or B. Never providing them.

Take Medival 2. It had both Stainless Steel and Third Age Total War, both clearly, clearly better than the games they modded. Yes, CA provided the framework, but King Kong improved everything from gameplay to graphics to the AI itself. Honestly, I can't even play Med. 2 anymore because it's so bad compared to those 2 mods.

Empire was the same way. Without Darthmod Ultimate Commander? A buggy game with awful unit diversity. With it? 20+ units added for all majors and the AI isn't retarded anymore.

Of course, none of that can happen anymore. Thanks CA! Also of course, I'll still buy your games forever and ever. But I don't have to be happy about your decisions for me to enjoy your game!
    it really is a shame. been playing some dartmod u commander and empire is really fun! also looking forward to a new stainless steel and kingdom on the isles mods for kingdoms...

i just dont see how it harms CA. someone is being very stubborn i think...

That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

".... who are they to judge?"

........Wut?

I had not read that post (By Craig.) That actually helps a lot. Im gonna trust CA in this.

Im also gonna post that link on my OP.
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

You know what I find truely amazing? The fact that there are some genuinely really intelligent, motivated and talented people on this forum who have more than a fair idea of how to programme software. Along with their excellent modding ideas, why don't some of these modding teams get together in a professional way and create a new game similar to total war that would perhaps provide some friendly competition to CA. As someone already mentioned, with particular attention to stainless steal and the third age, can you just imagine what kind of game these guys could put together from scratch given a couple of years?

If it was upto me there would be a new total war every year with an expansion every month or so! Yeah, I know, keep dreaming right.

Less 'hate' and more productivity could resolve the modding problem. CA could even possibly go to the extent of releasing a "bare bones" total war that is completely customisable/moddable for any perdiod and any location in history, it would just take a little longer to produce.
    If deception is an art, then the world is full of artists!
    Trust No One!

Quote Originally Posted by verena xeventus View Post
    You know what I find truely amazing? The fact that there are some genuinely really intelligent, motivated and talented people on this forum who have more than a fair idea of how to programme software. Along with their excellent modding ideas, why don't some of these modding teams get together in a professional way and create a new game similar to total war that would perhaps provide some friendly competition to CA. As someone already mentioned, with particular attention to stainless steal and the third age, can you just imagine what kind of game these guys could put together from scratch given a couple of years?

If it was upto me there would be a new total war every year with an expansion every month or so! Yeah, I know, keep dreaming right.

Less 'hate' and more productivity could resolve the modding problem. CA could even possibly go to the extent of releasing a "bare bones" total war that is completely customisable/moddable for any perdiod and any location in history, it would just take a little longer to produce.
    I will join this team if you pay me $90,000/yr with benefits or $120,000/yr without benefits.

I'll join this team if you get me into medical school. Actually,wait, I'll join if you get me the software needed to mod, a medical degree because I need to earn money, a girlfriend, vacations for my parents so they can rest their weary bones, etc....

an economic crysis
    hehe

They hang out with us, on our unofficial forums. They dont have to do that, but they do.
    Well, largely it's marketing.

Who is here most? Their marketing guy, the "Community Liaison" bloke. Nobody who takes the decisions hangs here.

Nothing wrong with that necessarily, but, you know......

The days when Rome was the most badass thing ever, and CA were gods?
    A decade ago. Isn't it relevant that it's no longer the case? Isn't that the point?

Not to say every idiotic complaint is worthy, but.....it's a decade since TW was "the most badass thing ever" and "CA were Gods". Maybe that's an objective reflection of reality.
    Last edited by last_name_left; February 21, 2012 at 02:01 PM.

Who is here most? Their marketing guy, the "Community Liaison" bloke. Nobody who takes the decisions hangs here.

Because of confidential and legal issues that's why.

Some may not realize this but CA in itself is actually a business/company that is out to make money so that it can feed the people that run it as well as the big boys that look over it.

As a result there's a lot of rules that are in place to ensure confidentiality and to avoid public fiascos and such.

That's why only their marketing guy will speak to us. It's because he's authorized by the company to speak on their behalf and knows exactly what he's allowed to tell us. PR people exist for a reason.

A truce? No chance! This is Sengoku Jidai! This is TOTAL WAR!

Ca_Chivalry's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by last_name_left View Post
    hehe

Well, largely it's marketing.

Sorry to poke in briefly, I've been following the thread , just to clear the ground on this one, Lusted is Lead Unit Designer and C.I.F is Lead battle designer, they are very much "decision-makers". And I'm incredibly beautfiul, so I like to think I have some small influence with my dazzling looks

Cheers
    Disclaimer: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.

Quote Originally Posted by Ca_Chivalry View Post
    Sorry to poke in briefly, I've been following the thread , just to clear the ground on this one, Lusted is Lead Unit Designer and C.I.F is Lead battle designer, they are very much "decision-makers". And I'm incredibly beautfiul, so I like to think I have some small influence with my dazzling looks

Cheers

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed here totally represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.

Also, YAY! I GOT A CA PERSON TO POST IN MY THREAD!!!!

No need to a-sorry-gise, you guys are welcome here. It just proves my point. (That is, that most of you arent robits.)
    Last edited by ♘Top Hat Zebra; February 22, 2012 at 05:13 AM.

Pics or it didnīt happen.

Cool browser tabs, btw

Quote Originally Posted by last_name_left View Post
    A decade ago. Isn't it relevant that it's no longer the case? Isn't that the point?

Not to say every idiotic complaint is worthy, but.....it's a decade since TW was "the most badass thing ever" and "CA were Gods". Maybe that's an objective reflection of reality.
    To be fair Rome was released to heavy fan backlash, and everyone back then was reflecting on the glory days of Medieval 1. Medieval 1 suffered the same fate, and many longed for a return to the greatness that was Shogun 1. Every Total War game ever released save for, obviously, Shogun 1, has suffered this reaction from the fans.

So maybe we're much less rational and fair than we think ?