Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Stainless Steel 7.0 Preview I: Gameplay Features

Judeman266's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Stainless Steel 7.0 Preview I: Gameplay Features

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    We should just ask if we can use BC Units, would speed up implementation a lot.
    I agree with you but I'm not sure the BC team would be amenable to it.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Asking can't hurt.

I've asked but the response hasn't been encouraging so far. PB mentioned he had gotten permission from BC team for using something but I'm not sure how or when.

Quote Originally Posted by man_2012 View Post
    Hey guys, one of my family members got inflicted with the leprosy disease. And that trait describe something about disfigurement. So it would be more realistic to disfigure the character's potrait whenever a character is infected with leprosy.

So, my idea is, a character's face should be covered in a mask like King Baldwin IV in the movie Kingdom of Heaven. Like this :
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

What do you think?? Is it possible ?
    Here's the tutorial for it:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=513092

Can I make some sugestions? In my opinion, would greatly improve the game. Added to all that the fellow above said.

For the initiative of the MOD and excellent, and practically a new game, many fans are, but with this tool, become even better!

More photos from other regions and epic wars, not only from the 100 Years War.

More and better music to the great medieval map of the campaign, such as Gregorian chant, Gothic or Templars, there are several on youtube.

Problem in putting troops on the walls of castles and cities with walls of wood. They just get confused, do not position themselves properly and can not defend as debtors. Archers, mainly.

Cavalry and platoon in the city with many Soldiers in the cities or castles, to confuse the move, they always crash or simply not comply.

More submissions diplomats and Catholic, as sponsor (even money) the Crusader states, for better and help keep the inevitable holy war.

Mercenarie Maceman Unit (Middle Europe) does not have its own sound. Light Man at Arms has the sound of Spanish Swordman. I think this could be improved.

Rounds of 6 months, for sure.

The Popes also must punish the AI, with prohibitions of war, etc. and excommunicate.

Heretics are very strong. On one occasion, with the HRE, I lost my anti-pope to a WITCH 4 out of witchcraft. I thought it was bad luck, I sent my most powerful Cardinal, who was less than a pity to be complete, new, 40-odd years, and was another who was victimized by witchcraft.

Catholics should be biased factions to ally with other Catholics, especially historical allies.
    The priests always have very little pity, losing away to the heretics.

What is, after all, the anti-pope? He did not excommunicate, not used to burn heretics, and calls not special guards, not inspires others Catholics. I know from historical figures, but he should have functions, such as in the story had.

Professional soldiers are extremely rare. I know they were really rare, but for the AI they are not so rare, and are retrained with great agility.

Putting, as in Britain Campaign (Kingdoms of the original version), strong livable, which are catchable, but that does not generate income, only fortifications are strategically located. In Europe, this season, had several of these structures.

The amount per unit of soldiers, images of the stack, are black. The problem is that several units have clothes like dark colors, making it impossible to quickly check if the platoon is complete or not.

And very hard to become a professional killer, this could be changed a little. They also live very little.

Marriages between royal houses should be more frequent, with more children per couple. At that time, every couple should have at least 6 children. Are rare cases with three children, who had with 6!

And so, we could have more family members. There are several provinces, and some each has a governor, a Duke, Lord somewhere, and on the generals to war. Young people at the front, and the oldest in the Administration. That would be perfect.

Save the Holy Roman Empire!

@Lord Diego von Hapsburg

Obviously they're going to add more loading screens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Diego von Hapsburg View Post
    Can I make some sugestions? In my opinion, would greatly improve the game. Added to all that the fellow above said.

For the initiative of the MOD and excellent, and practically a new game, many fans are, but with this tool, become even better!

More photos from other regions and epic wars, not only from the 100 Years War.

Obviously they're going to add more loading screens.

More and better music to the great medieval map of the campaign, such as Gregorian chant, Gothic or Templars, there are several on youtube.

I'm pretty sure they will put in new royalty-free music.

Problem in putting troops on the walls of castles and cities with walls of wood. They just get confused, do not position themselves properly and can not defend as debtors. Archers, mainly.

Pathfinding to that degree is probably limited by the engine.

Cavalry and platoon in the city with many Soldiers in the cities or castles, to confuse the move, they always crash or simply not comply.

Huge unit sizes don't work well in sieges on any mod.

More submissions diplomats and Catholic, as sponsor (even money) the Crusader states, for better and help keep the inevitable holy war.

??? From what I could understand you want to help the Crusaders but that probably isn't the way to do it.

Mercenarie Maceman Unit (Middle Europe) does not have its own sound. Light Man at Arms has the sound of Spanish Swordman. I think this could be improved.

Probably already addressed.

Rounds of 6 months, for sure.

There already are submods for 2 turns per year:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=380006

The Popes also must punish the AI, with prohibitions of war, etc. and excommunicate.

They do get the same punishment that you get.

Heretics are very strong. On one occasion, with the HRE, I lost my anti-pope to a WITCH 4 out of witchcraft. I thought it was bad luck, I sent my most powerful Cardinal, who was less than a pity to be complete, new, 40-odd years, and was another who was victimized by witchcraft.

??? Not very likely, I'm pretty sure Cardinals can't be victimized. This only happens when you use bishops or priests. You should be using assassins anyway, but I think they did tone down heretics a little for 7.0.

Catholics should be biased factions to ally with other Catholics, especially historical allies.
    The priests always have very little pity, losing away to the heretics.

Catholics do start with adjusted relations for historical accuracy. You aren't supposed to use priests to denounce heretics, you're supposed to use cardinals. And its piety not pity.

What is, after all, the anti-pope? He did not excommunicate, not used to burn heretics, and calls not special guards, not inspires others Catholics. I know from historical figures, but he should have functions, such as in the story had.

The Anti-pope is a sign that your faction has an alternate candidate for the papacy. Also the anti-pope is very effective against heretics. If he had any other functions it would be overpowered It usually takes 2 attempts to get rid of heretics if you use cardinals.

Professional soldiers are extremely rare. I know they were really rare, but for the AI they are not so rare, and are retrained with great agility.

Already addressed

Putting, as in Britain Campaign (Kingdoms of the original version), strong livable, which are catchable, but that does not generate income, only fortifications are strategically located. In Europe, this season, had several of these structures.

There are submods that change the map for slower expansion and add permanent stone forts

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=455434
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=464781
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=405904

The amount per unit of soldiers, images of the stack, are black. The problem is that several units have clothes like dark colors, making it impossible to quickly check if the platoon is complete or not.

???

And very hard to become a professional killer, this could be changed a little. They also live very little.

Assassinate rebel captains, priests, diplomats, and princesses to train assassins.

Marriages between royal houses should be more frequent, with more children per couple. At that time, every couple should have at least 6 children. Are rare cases with three children, who had with 6!

Not possible. The M2TW engine limits each family to 4. You can marry into royal houses if you want.

And so, we could have more family members. There are several provinces, and some each has a governor, a Duke, Lord somewhere, and on the generals to war. Young people at the front, and the oldest in the Administration. That would be perfect.

There is a limit on family members related to the number of regions you own so you cannot have a family member for each region. You can recruit generals though.

Save the Holy Roman Empire!
    Last edited by Judeman266; March 10, 2012 at 12:57 PM.

Hi guys, i was wandering if it would be technically possible to make a "dismounting script" which would basically give a possibility to convert mounted units to their dismounted versions before a combat? Would be a nice addition for gameplay.

I don't see how it'spossible. Theres no scipting command to check if a battle is happeneing AFAIK.

Is there anyway for crusading armies after the crusade to have the same amount of distance crossed to go home. I'm tired of my armies taking 10+ turns to get back home after a crusade and it only took them 3 or 4 turns to get there.

Hire a ship if possible.

Hire a ship if possible.
    still takes a while, and you can only hire one ship so if there are any roaming enemy ships around your screwed

Use auto_win defender if a ship attacs you, or move_character. Otherwise just walk home.

I don't see how it'spossible. Theres no scipting command to check if a battle is happeneing AFAIK.
    It might be possible to use the Empire ability for some cavalry, i.e. dragoons to dismount and script it into MedII as their special ability, but I agree that it is very doubtful/ impossible to do.

Impossible.

That's what I figured, I was just presenting the possibility

That's what I figured, I was just presenting the possibility

But what about such scripts as "reinforcement" one? I thought there is kind of trigger event for it to happen.

I know not what you speak of.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximusTheGreat View Post
    It might be possible to use the Empire ability for some cavalry, i.e. dragoons to dismount and script it into MedII as their special ability, but I agree that it is very doubtful/ impossible to do.
    Nee, that would be insane, I mean something simpler :-) In fact I would not like it to happen during the battle, but before - that would make sense for sieges, defense etc.

P.S. I read currently about "Ukrainian-Polish war" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khmelnytsky_Uprising (letters, diaries etc.), so it is of course 17-th century, not medieval :-) My point is that I constantly see the cases when polish hussars and lighter cavalry had (often described being taught but bold decision) to dismount and assault settlements and castles when they lacked infantry for that.

I know not what you speak of.
    Ah, sorry, I mean "garrison script" :-)