Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Stainless Steel 7.0 Preview I: Gameplay Features

Tiro
    The great state of North Carolina U.S.A. birthplace of nascar and home of the best barbeque on the e

Default Re: Stainless Steel 7.0 Preview I: Gameplay Features

Quote Originally Posted by Corsaire View Post
    Would it be possible for the city of Rome to also have a special/historical type building? Something like the Castel Sant'Angelo or the Old St. Peter's Basilica?
    Definitely do this, Rome, while a shadow of it's imperial self, was still one of the most politically and religiously important cities in western civilization. I'd say that the city itself deserves a wonder version of the old St. Peter's Basilica.

Also, as far as the balance problems with Byzantium, I'd say that their late era situation is pretty historical (though I still think we need a Latin Empire faction in the late era only). They usually recover some of their old terrotory, especially Constantinople, but lose Epirus and Trebizond. Honestly, the late era turks do incredibly well until turn 25-35 when the Mongols unstoppably conquer the eastern third of the map. I realize that the Mongols did conquer most of the middle east and modern Russia, but we have no way of simulating the collapse of their empire and the power vacume that allowed new and powerful islamic nations to form, so I reccomend simply not giving them the power to never lose a single battle.

As for the early era Byzantines, they are overpowered, but the fact is that they were arguably the most powerful nation within the bounds of the map in 1100. The difference is that the AI (usually) cannot be powerful and at peace, and that the early turkish roster is very poor, and that we dont really have an equivalent nation to replace Bulgaria in the north (early era hungary is kindof a joke). The turks should probably be given some additional starting units, especially horse archers, and the balkan rebel settlements should be stacked to make them hard to capture.
    Glory is fleeting but obscurity is forever.-Napoleon Bonaparte

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Mongol collapse is shown in the fact that once Mongols scripted stacks stop they collapse near immediately.

Gnostiko's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Irishpsycho View Post
    As for the early era Byzantines, they are overpowered, but the fact is that they were arguably the most powerful nation within the bounds of the map in 1100. The difference is that the AI (usually) cannot be powerful and at peace, and that the early turkish roster is very poor, and that we dont really have an equivalent nation to replace Bulgaria in the north (early era hungary is kindof a joke). The turks should probably be given some additional starting units, especially horse archers, and the balkan rebel settlements should be stacked to make them hard to capture.
    It's not so much the Romans are overpowered as much as the Seljuqs are underpowered. We really a buffed, more historically accurate Seljuq roster. The Balkan settlements are fine as they are; historically they were under Roman rule anyway by 1100.

Just let them recruit Ghulams and all that stuff thats unlocked in the Late cmapaign in the Early campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    Just let them recruit Ghulams and all that stuff thats unlocked in the Late cmapaign in the Early campaign.
    This is what I'd advised PB to implement before he had to leave the boards for a while. In terms of mechanics, the reason the Seljuq roster is so weak is because they lack any decent infantry until about 1300. The AI is unable to make good use of the militia hordes for settlement assault/defence. I suggested they be given access to dismounted Ghulams/access at the same time as the Khwarezmians and Arabs.
    Last edited by Gnostiko; March 04, 2012 at 01:23 PM.

I heard you and did/do plan to do it, also adjust how the RR Seljuk roster is too castle-biased and/or they would do better with more initial castles.

Cant wait to see it...
    around wich date is it comming out ?

When its done.

Quote Originally Posted by Octavanius View Post
    Cant wait to see it...
    around wich date is it comming out ?
    No ETA yet, unless I missed something.

Judeman266's Avatar Senator

I guess people don't read previous posts. There are at least 5 people who ask for a release date in this thread alone.

Jambat's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    I heard you and did/do plan to do it, also adjust how the RR Seljuk roster is too castle-biased and/or they would do better with more initial castles.
    What RW did over in HURB is something else to consider. He opened up a few of the furthest Roman lands as rebel settlements, instead of giving them a solidified powerbase from the very start, and it drastically increases the life expectancy of the surrounding nations.

Although the Seljuk's honestly do have one of the crappiest early rosters around.
    I see the better and approve; I follow the worse.

If you liked my post or thought I was helpful, hit that +rep and leave your name so I can keep an eye out for when you deserve some. Unless you suck. Then you aren't getting crap. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Judeman266 View Post
    I guess people don't read previous posts. There are at least 5 people who ask for a release date in this thread alone.
    Reading all but the last page is above them.

I'll be honest. I didn't read every page either. I guess I just didn't feel like wading through the endless masses of one-liner "OMG can't wait!" posts, as well deserved as they may be, in order to find the few tidbits of useful information hidden between.

Not saying that is any excuse for not being well informed to at least some degree... you didn't have to look very far for that answer...

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    Cooo, I figured you had your hands full with that more important life event!

What RW did over in HURB is something else to consider. He opened up a few of the furthest Roman lands as rebel settlements, instead of giving them a solidified powerbase from the very start, and it drastically increases the life expectancy of the surrounding nations.
    Wouldn't be very historically accurate. I don't expect much challenge from Hungary, but if/when we get an improved Seljuq roster, things should be different!

Quote Originally Posted by Sanderlicious View Post
    I'll be honest. I didn't read every page either. I guess I just didn't feel like wading through the endless masses of one-liner "OMG can't wait!" posts, as well deserved as they may be, in order to find the few tidbits of useful information hidden between.

Not saying that is any excuse for not being well informed to at least some degree... you didn't have to look very far for that answer...
    From a very interested, but infrequent poster - Agree. I looked through several of the pages in the thread, hoping to find information on the anticipated release, and eventually did. It was not a quick process, though. Editing the first post to say the project is in development but no release date is known should avoid most of the problems, and save the admins and others time. Just about everyone who's interested in this great mod will look at the first post with baited breath.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Twelve View Post
    Sorry for my english,as you might expect, I cannot speak it in perfect level. An, for a moment, I cannot editin my messages I hope that this is cleer what I'm meanin
    Just click on the button that looks like this:

Judeman266's Avatar Senator

You can't edit a post until you have 25 posts.

Addition of Georgia in early era on the map adjustment projects map and another Islamic faction like Sultanate of Rum or Abassids are what I hope for from 7.0 as that would balance Byzantines and make the east very interesting. Turks roster could be improved and Germanicus AI improvements and other previewed elements would be secondary.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichon View Post
    Addition of Georgia in early era on the map adjustment projects map and another Islamic faction like Sultanate of Rum or Abassids are what I hope for from 7.0 as that would balance Byzantines and make the east very interesting. Turks roster could be improved and Germanicus AI improvements and other previewed elements would be secondary.
    My feelings exactly. Exactly.

We should just ask if we can use BC Units, would speed up implementation a lot.