Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Stainless Steel 7.0 Preview I: Gameplay Features

Default Re: Stainless Steel 7.0 Preview I: Gameplay Features

I have a suggestion here, how about making the campaign map textures better? I'm amazed at the campaign map from Bellum Crucis, I'd like to see SS with that kind of campaign map textures.

and what happened to the idea of adding abassid and georgia faction?
    Last edited by napoleonic; February 26, 2012 at 10:44 PM.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Theres no need to like in RTW, modding the cmapaign map is only needed if it looks bad and IMO its not that bad at all.

Germanicu5's Avatar Will buy spare time...

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    Theres no need to like in RTW, modding the cmapaign map is only needed if it looks bad and IMO its not that bad at all.
    It's not about something being bad or good, people deserve new content from time to time, napoleonic expressed a common opinion I think.

Regards
    I have no memory of this place.

don't change the sexy teutonic knights helmet armor...
    Change the flags... to make the campaign map more look awesome.. its not like we go to battle every so often (at least for me)
    Last edited by tranceoholic; February 27, 2012 at 07:30 PM.

I love SS,eagerly awaiting

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    Going away from the question, isnt it? Napoleonic asked smth about adding abassid and georgia faction.
    Off topic: I think that you're preparing smth big... big surprise fo us, perhaps

Looking for some advise from one of the developers for SS, I am looking to maybe download it again... I had it once before on an older PC but the end turns were unbarable for for me... I am hoping that on my newer PC they will be a lot quicker.

My problem is that now with 7.0 being previewed, and I have a very slow internet I'm not sure if I should wait. I'm not looking for a release date, but wandering if you would recommend waiting for 7.0 or go ahead and get 6.4... I mean I don't want to get 6.4 then a month or two later 7.0 comes out.

Any help is appreciated...

Long turns are unfortunately a common problem for all no matter how fast your computer. Regardless, if a new release is coming out soon, I'd wait for 7.0.

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by CoolBreeze-90 View Post
    Looking for some advise from one of the developers for SS, I am looking to maybe download it again... I had it once before on an older PC but the end turns were unbarable for for me... I am hoping that on my newer PC they will be a lot quicker.

My problem is that now with 7.0 being previewed, and I have a very slow internet I'm not sure if I should wait. I'm not looking for a release date, but wandering if you would recommend waiting for 7.0 or go ahead and get 6.4... I mean I don't want to get 6.4 then a month or two later 7.0 comes out.

Any help is appreciated...
    I would d/l 6.4 you will have more than enough time to play a campaign, we are at concept stage with ideas stated in thread, there are others not disclosed as yet

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)

Stainless Steel signatures, made by one and only cedric37, are available for download in the first post.

Quote Originally Posted by Navajo Joe View Post
    I would d/l 6.4 you will have more than enough time to play a campaign, we are at concept stage with ideas stated in thread, there are others not disclosed as yet
    I'll contribute to sending mixed message - I'm not so certain we're at concept stage.

Regards

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Basically just play 6.4.

What about attempting to fix some of the bugs with city battles, or is this hard coded and just what we have to deal with?

kraxmause's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by GiddeeUpp View Post
    What about attempting to fix some of the bugs with city battles, or is this hard coded and just what we have to deal with?
    You'll have to be a bit more specific than that, which bugs do you mean?
    Cleave the sod with your trusty spade
    Dig out a house that's quite like a grave
    And should your neighbour not return your wave

A.R.R.R. Roberts - The Soddit

unit placement, i find that my units never want to move, its hard to place them in certain spots, etc.

kraxmause's Avatar Semisalis

But that's just in the deployment phase. If you're having trouble with this, place your units near the spot where you actually want them, start the battle and hit pause. Once the battle has started they won't ignore your deployment orders anymore.
    Dig out a house that's quite like a grave
    And should your neighbour not return your wave

A.R.R.R. Roberts - The Soddit

Icon6 Re: Stainless Steel 7.0 Preview I: Gameplay Features

Quote Originally Posted by napoleonic View Post
    I have a suggestion here, how about making the campaign map textures better?....
    Amen To THAT !!

Please make Campaign soldier and its flag texture look more awesome. And don't change the teutonic horned-helmets and armor.
    Sometimes looks can be deceiving, leaving the players enjoying the experience of the game.
    Just like a stupid FPS game, very simple mechanics aim and shoot. It's only popular because of its graphics.

If you (creators) have a spare time, please consider the campaign texture, and the sexy-teutons. If you can't we will still play the game no matter what.
    Last edited by tranceoholic; February 28, 2012 at 10:30 PM.

looking forward to the new SS, i have no doubts it will be even better then 6.4, especially from what I have seen in preview
    Bellum C. looks very awesome, I am somewhat dissapointed there is no Teutonic faction.

Anyways mods from SS and BC are so awesome, I am supprised that no one from CA and SEGA about hiring fantastic modders for future TW series...it would only improve this allready great game.

I would also like to mention its great that SS and BC can run both on M2TW in seperate folders, keep up the good work

Very cool, good luck with the production work on the new version. Very excited to try it when it comes out!

Judeman266's Avatar Senator

I just found this thread that shows how to enable the "marian reform" event in order to automatically change bodyguard units after the event. This means that we would be able to change from the Early Bodyguard to the Late Bodyguard midcampaign. This would take care of family members only being able to advance to plate armor and would allow them to be on par with other cavalry in the late era.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=524825
    Last edited by Judeman266; February 29, 2012 at 10:20 PM. Reason: spelling

Thanks, I've already seen it, but as Aradan said, its functionality is limited (surely controlling a region with "italy" hidden res and having upgraded to huge city isn't enough of a reason to trigger new age for all kinds of campaigns... or is it?).

Regards