Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Stainless Steel 7.0 Preview I: Gameplay Features

Default Re: Stainless Steel 7.0 Preview I: Gameplay Features

So after completely reading through this thread, I must admit that I cannot express my excitement for this new SS! Ever since I started checking out mods I learned the SS could be counted on to always bring a fun and challenging game to me. All I ask is if there is a guess on about when this mod will be released?.... I'm dying to play. Kudos.

Pro Deo et Patria!

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

When it's done.

I'm sorry, I flet I was very polite in asking and I am a very interested fan but I do have to admit I was not happy at all with the sarcastic reply so I would ask that in the future if you could please refrain from answering any questions I have in the same manner.

Losthief's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Kaidonni View Post
    You don't need to wait until SS 7.0 for this to be fixed, just go play BGR V. You may just live to regret wanting it changed...
    i have 100,000 in my bgrV game right now....just sayin
    LOSTHIEF
    I'd rather be lucky than skilled!

Theres always a point where the game just can't limit you anymore, even for BGR.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximusTheGreat View Post
    I'm sorry, I flet I was very polite in asking and I am a very interested fan but I do have to admit I was not happy at all with the sarcastic reply so I would ask that in the future if you could please refrain from answering any questions I have in the same manner.
    Heya Max, I dont think he was trying to be rude or anything. Just that question gets asked every 5 minutes and eventualy it comes down to the shortest answer.

I fee like you (as do many others wanting a release date) but you just gotta be patient

Losthief's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Duck of Death View Post
    Heya Max, I dont think he was trying to be rude or anything. Just that question gets asked every 5 minutes and eventualy it comes down to the shortest answer.

I fee like you (as do many others wanting a release date) but you just gotta be patient
    its gonna be a good while id bet....its just the first preview...the ss team still got to finish implementing everything, make sure it boots correctly, make sure there no big errors or bugs, polish as they want, then its still got the beta testing, bug fixing, and final testing phases......

if this was a game launch they would probably be somewhere in the design or early implementation phases. But im just guessing.
    LOSTHIEF
    I'd rather be lucky than skilled!

kraxmause's Avatar Semisalis

You've got to understand that this question is probably the most hated one on these forums.
    Enjoy written answers as long as you can, judging from experience this will be the only answer to your question you will get in a few weeks:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Cleave the sod with your trusty spade
    Dig out a house that's quite like a grave
    And should your neighbour not return your wave

A.R.R.R. Roberts - The Soddit

I am really glad for the upcoming upgrade!

However, I would like to recommend some changes that could improve tha game. The empires or the kingdoms of the era were much more, so it would be historically more accurate other factions to be added, such as the independent cities of Flandres or other regions in Western Europe (I noticed that you are willing to add similar regions), kingdom of Sweden, Serbia, Bulgaria and especially the knigdoms of the East (Armenian kingdom of Cilicia, Georgia, other muslim dominations or even to seperate the Crusader States). Many other cities and castles should be added in order for those changes to be successful.

In 6.4 mode there are Patriarchs in orthodox factions, but this is not correct. In that time there were only 4 patriarchates (Constantinople, Alexandria, Antioch and Jerusalem). The Ecumenical Patriarch of Constantinople was the spiritual leader of the Eastern Christianity, since the other cities were under muslim rule. So a similar system to the pope election can be apllied in the orthodox kingdoms (the current ones and those which are supposed to be added) so as for the patriarchs (especially the one of Constantinople) to have a more important role in the game. Also, the fact that orthodox churchies do not appear in the map during battles is really annoying.

The Pope has to play a more active role and the hostilities between Rome and Constantinople should be more obvious in the game.

kraxmause's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Manuel_Komnenos View Post
    However, I would like to recommend some changes that could improve tha game. The empires or the kingdoms of the era were much more, so it would be historically more accurate other factions to be added, such as the independent cities of Flandres or other regions in Western Europe (I noticed that you are willing to add similar regions), kingdom of Sweden, Serbia, Bulgaria and especially the knigdoms of the East (Armenian kingdom of Cilicia, Georgia, other muslim dominations or even to seperate the Crusader States). Many other cities and castles should be added in order for those changes to be successful.
    The number of possible factions, settlements and units is limited and SS 6.4 has already reached those limits/is very close to them. So there might be some new units at the expense of some unnecessary ones (e.g. Archer Militia can be replaced by Levy Archers) but don't get your hopes up for tons of new factions and settlements.
    Dig out a house that's quite like a grave
    And should your neighbour not return your wave

A.R.R.R. Roberts - The Soddit

Looks amazing cant wait.

A terrible quetion is still a terrible question no matter how its phrased.

the golden age i would prosume comes from the civilization franchise ^.^
    but hands down...simply awesome!

Golden Age is a common term which civ does not have a monopoly on.

Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    Golden Age is a common term which civ does not have a monopoly on.
    Ferdiad - did someone crap in your wheaties this morning?

Im a relatively good mood today.

Quote Originally Posted by Germanicu5 View Post

New Background \ Loading Screens and Art

Where is this picture from? This exact picture is a part of a painting at the Gripsholm Inn in Mariefred in Sweden. Is the picture taken there or are there several paintings like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Twelve View Post
    Germanicu5, there was some mistakes in SS 6.4 at the Kievan Rus and Novgorod fractions. For example, really Kievan Rus's arms was just about this http://s015.radikal.ru/i331/1109/60/d84d6c185504.jpg. Can more Russian units be created? The Murom city wasn't really important than Vladimir. If you or assistants decided to look to the Russian Total War forum, and more attentevely to Rus II:TW and Bulat Steel:TW, the last, by the way is based on SS 6.4. And one more question: will in SS 7.0 be any new fractions? There is two more places before limit
    is there anybody listenin me

Icon9 Re: Stainless Steel 7.0 Preview I: Gameplay Features

Quote Originally Posted by Twelve View Post
    is there anybody listenin me
    Sorry for my english,as you might expect, I cannot speak it in perfect level. An, for a moment, I cannot editin my messages I hope that this is cleer what I'm meanin

omen1710's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Hydra82 View Post
    I dont get why people are always complaining byzzies are OP. Jeez in late campaign their in dire straits and their late units blow compared to western nations. They dont get great cannons and every nation hates them. I dont get why their so OP. when im playing turks or venice, their not that bad.
    With your playing skills, the turks may conquer many lands. But under the AI control, the turks collapse rapidly in all campaign. The byzantine has very powerful units both early and late age in the ss 6.4 (in the history, byzantine wasn't powerful after 1100. It became corrupted empire under the control of weak emporers.)
    In the game, the turks have very weak (the weakest) and unhistorical unit roster. This balance problem should be fixed. In addition to this, I have no problem with greek history and greeks but the mod isn't appropritely balanced. In the history, seljuks is also powerful in early medieval timeline. But fearsome mongol army breaks the power of seljuks in 1243 kosedag battle. After the battle, seljuk sultan lost control upon ghazis. Then ghazis started to establish little pricipilaties on the land of seljuk state. One of them was established by osman I (othman or ataman). The power of Byzantine empire was broken by crusaders in 1204. After 1204, the byzantine empire became a shadow of its shinny past. This is the reality. Many SS players also mentioned this unbalanced situation but the modders disregard them. Search the forum and see the comments about the game balance.
    Last edited by omen1710; February 25, 2012 at 10:18 AM.