Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: Stainless Steel 7.0 Preview I: Gameplay Features

Henry X's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Stainless Steel 7.0 Preview I: Gameplay Features

Within the first sixty posts! Success! Damn though, we're at version seven. Hard to believe the game came out over five years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Jung was right View Post
    We just don't get films which accurately portray military decision making like Dr. Strangelove anymore these days.

Chyeaaaa111's Avatar Campidoctor

Wow! Looks amazing! Can't wait!
    If you like the picture of my woman, GIVE ME REP!!!!

Jambat's Avatar Decanus

Just wondering but will we have the most updated version of RR/RC?

P.S. Add the Swedes from Battle for the Baltic. Dooooo it. I'll buy the beer-bribes.
    I see the better and approve; I follow the worse.

If you liked my post or thought I was helpful, hit that +rep and leave your name so I can keep an eye out for when you deserve some. Unless you suck. Then you aren't getting crap. Ever.

I absolutely Love this direction. I've only been begging for these sorts of additions for years, enhanced Role play, character building, rewards system, it's all here, what a glorious day!

I give a thousand thanks to the SS team and a extra special thank you to whoever conceived these new improvements.

Now i have to hunt you all down and smother you with rep.

PS: Is it weird that i want to make sweet love to the new SS Logo ?
    Last edited by Ruprecht; February 17, 2012 at 01:18 AM.
    Signature by Lucarius.

kraxmause's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Duck of Death View Post
    See, I started a new campaign 2 days ago on 6.4 (Norway), but now Im thinkin about 7.0 and think better just to wait rather then spend 3-4 weeks building my early empire up just to squash it when 7 comes out and start over.

Thanks alot SS team... youve given me anxiety!!!!

What to do whattodo
    Listen to Ferdiad, the first previews for TATW 3.0 came out in December 2010 while the actual game was released in December 2011. There will be plenty of time to kill until SS 7.0 is released.
    Cleave the sod with your trusty spade
    Dig out a house that's quite like a grave
    And should your neighbour not return your wave

A.R.R.R. Roberts - The Soddit

@Germanicus

Can't you guys make the Papal missions affect other church factions (Teutonic Order and the Crusader States). As I said before, that when you give the Pope the regions as I described before, those two factions emerge from the ashes and become a new player on the map? If you could do that, that would be awesome. Also, if all your military forces that are in the given region can be handed over to the new faction with the exception of Family Members that would be placed in your nearest other city/castle or capital.

Radiso-FIN's Avatar Campidoctor

I was just yesterday visiting TWC and SS forums and wondered is there SS 6.5 or 7.0 in making and when we might hear some news about them.

Then today come to these forums again and what am I seeing? THIS!

Great news indeed! Can't wait to hear more info, especially concerning factions and campaign map.

Best luck with this project!

This is exciting. I hope this comes out soon, cause I really like Stainless Steel.

Very nice things!! Keep up the good work!

ATN's Avatar Civis

SQUEEEEE!

Very nice preview, I'm eager to see the next .

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Quote Originally Posted by kraxmause View Post
    Listen to Ferdiad, the first previews for TATW 3.0 came out in December 2010 while the actual game was released in December 2011. There will be plenty of time to kill until SS 7.0 is released.
    Always.

Galain_Ironhide's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Germanicu5 View Post
    I really like the above idea, and as well as this, perhaps you could spice it up a little, such as a mission to take Jerusalem and then have the pope request you give it to the Crusader States (and other such missions where you could be requested to liberate a city and gift it back to the original christian owner - if they are still alive - the penalty for not complying would be much the same).

In any case, I am looking forward to the new realease, whether it be 2 months or a year. Great idea's, all of them.

Oh and I LOVE this screen below, its EPIC!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Stívarđr Reynitré's Avatar Domesticus

We are literally milliseconds from multiple deaths in that piece of artwork...

Thank you for SS7.0. You say it deeply rooted in medieval history. So, may I point out 2 issue ?
    1. Maintenance cost of buildings is free.
    2. Stone fort is low-priced.
    I am now enjoying SS6.4, and I am looking forward to SS7.0 !

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

1. Could be simulated by a minus tax on all public buildings similar to what RS II does.

I don't understand some of the features, autonomous regions? how and what exactly?

and TBH actually I want something like HURB features being added into the core of SS

this looks sooooo good!!

kraxmause's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by napoleonic View Post
    I don't understand some of the features, autonomous regions? how and what exactly?
    It works like this in TATW: Once you conquer a specific region, you get an autonomy offer for that settlement. If you refuse, public order will be severely lowered there but you can use the settlement like any other. If you accept, you won't be able to construct buildings or recruit troops in that settlement anymore (only by automanage).
    The autonomous region do however give you boni, e.g. in TATW the Shire would send Hobbits to construct roads at once (you still have to pay for the food the Hobbits consume, which is the same the roads would have cost ). They also send some units of special troops from time to time.
    Dig out a house that's quite like a grave
    And should your neighbour not return your wave

A.R.R.R. Roberts - The Soddit

Losthief's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by kraxmause View Post
    It works like this in TATW: Once you conquer a specific region, you get an autonomy offer for that settlement. If you refuse, public order will be severely lowered there but you can use the settlement like any other. If you accept, you won't be able to construct buildings or recruit troops in that settlement anymore (only by automanage).
    The autonomous region do however give you boni, e.g. in TATW the Shire would send Hobbits to construct roads at once (you still have to pay for the food the Hobbits consume, which is the same the roads would have cost ). They also send some units of special troops from time to time.
    yeah, its a similar script as g5 wrote both of them, but i think the ss he said is going to be more complicated...so i'd imagine there will be bonus as well as costs from having the region. I still think the regions=total regions of yours but i could be wrong. But really its to simulate those regions which historically refused to be peacefully ruled over by foreign powers i think in this mod.
    LOSTHIEF
    I'd rather be lucky than skilled!