Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Has CA mentioned coop de-synch with FotS?

Default Re: Has CA mentioned coop de-synch with FotS?

CA is being pounded in their OWN forum! For more than 7 months! Ouch!
    Looks like CA decided to consolidate the complaint posts to two threads, keep deleting the new ones to prevent the complaint threads from flooding the forum, and safely ignore the issue.

It was April last year Craig mentioned that de sync issues did exist, nothing seems to be done so far.

Folks, let go, give up, there's a very good chance that it will never be fixed

Quote Originally Posted by leeho730 View Post
    Folks, let go, give up, there's a very good chance that it will never be fixed
    Wait till FotS comes out to give up. It was said that all the progress they've been making since the release of RotS has yet to be released - that's a long time for something like this to be fixed. You might be pleasantly surprised, or you might be right.

Radious's Avatar I came, I saw, I modded

Coop campaign should be really fixed in Fots and fixed in RotS and Shogun 2 in patch. If it wont then i think you should remove the feature CA completely. 2 years since NTW and 2 years coop campaign doesnt work. 2 years of broken feature, 2 years of saying how you working on fix and yet in every dlc, expansion, new game you putting broken coop still in. Fix it or remove it finally.

Winner of the 2011, 2012. 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 Modding Awards in Total War Shogun 2, Rome 2, Attila, Warhammer 1 and Warhammer 2.
    Follow us here - Team Radious

Icon9 Re: Has CA mentioned coop de-synch with FotS?

Quote Originally Posted by hooma View Post
    if CA cant fix it i think giving ppl 33% of the price for shogun back or a 33% cutting in price for FOTS for all shogun2 users ( should be possible via steam ) would fix the resentment.
    No i need it fix I don't any money back , I need support from CA. They doing good about new release delay ect new features ... But the support is a bit missing we should have fix faster for this kind of Bug it should be on the top list for fix IMHO.

You know what I ll do ?

Wait for the update ( the game one not the speach one ).
    Check if finally THE bug has been fixed once and for all by finishing our broken MPC campaigns ( one vs STW2 and one coop RotS) .

And as soon as I m sure that it has been fixed
    then I ll buy FotS ( ca supporting game -> I m supporting Ca by buying )

It seems I won't be able to pre order as they won't release stw2 updates ( including the mpc bug fix ) before FotS release a shame in my opinion as I definitly would have pre ordered if it was fixed before the end if this month.

Icon8 Re: Has CA mentioned coop de-synch with FotS?

Quote Originally Posted by Radious View Post
    Coop campaign should be really fixed in Fots and fixed in RotS and Shogun 2 in patch. If it wont then i think you should remove the feature CA completely. 2 years since NTW and 2 years coop campaign doesnt work. 2 years of broken feature, 2 years of saying how you working on fix and yet in every dlc, expansion, new game you putting broken coop still in. Fix it or remove it finally.
    No ! Definitly not !
    If they give up on it they give up with me and my friend as customers!

Seriously it's like when ETW single player campaign was broken and I would have said

They fix it or they should remove the sp campaign !

No way ! We ve been waiting since rtw for this feature no way back for me

Quote Originally Posted by leSith View Post
    ...And as soon as I m sure that it has been fixed
    then I ll buy FotS ( ca supporting game -> I m supporting Ca by buying )
    wise spoken. thats the way i do it 2. but i think it will not getting fixed, then i believe they dont know the problem and with the actual patch politic it last 100 years to try some ways to fix this.

but the 33% as a apology would be nice.

wise spoken. thats the way i do it 2. but i think it will not getting fixed, then i believe they dont know the problem and with the actual patch politic it last 100 years to try some ways to fix this.

but the 33% as a apology would be nice.
    I hope they will , I really hope they will I m going to get a new computer to finally enjoy stw2 on ultra ( well enjoy if it s fixed !) if not I swear I won't pay for fots at least not without a 60 % discount . I ll get it sure not far from release but they won't get money so no need to give some money back I ll save the price of the game + dlc price ....

But I d feel ashame to do so and trully disapointed it s ruining the game selling potential ( I already said it but on Internet you ll find many post : " do not buy if you want to play multiplayer campaign " ! ).

I realist that for ppl not playing MPC it may sound extreme but for
    us it s the mode where this game show its full potential !

We tried avatar campaign in 2 vs 2 after another mpc desync few days ago I ve got to say its fun and well balanced ( we won 6 games for 2 lose so far against max level players ) amusing during the week when we have no times to play mpc but it s nothing compare to the epic feeling of a multiplayer campaign.

Anyway those who play/played will agree I m sure.

I have BIG expectations about those promised fixes

I hope they will , I really hope they will I m going to get a new computer to finally enjoy stw2 on ultra ( well enjoy if it s fixed !) if not I swear I won't pay for fots at least not without a 60 % discount . I ll get it sure not far from release but they won't get money so no need to give some money back I ll save the price of the game + dlc price ....

But I d feel ashame to do so and trully disapointed it s ruining the game selling potential ( I already said it but on Internet you ll find many post : " do not buy if you want to play multiplayer campaign " ! ).

I realist that for ppl not playing MPC it may sound extreme but for
    us it s the mode where this game show its full potential !

We tried avatar campaign in 2 vs 2 after another mpc desync few days ago I ve got to say its fun and well balanced ( we won 6 games for 2 lose so far against max level players ) amusing during the week when we have no times to play mpc but it s nothing compare to the epic feeling of a multiplayer campaign.

Anyway those who play/played will agree I m sure.

I have BIG expectations about those promised fixes
    I agree, I still like other modes in TW games but MP coop campaign is where it's at. All the fun bits of TW are multiplied x100 when you're coordinating with another person. If mp coop campaign actually worked it'd be my favorite game.

Wow, hasn't been fixed for two years?

Nah, not gonna get fixed. Two years is a very long time in an IT world. I believe you guys must be very patient or stupid or something, probably both.

CA stopped deleting threads regarding de sync and the mpc forum is practically flooded by the threads regarding issue. And yet no promise or update regarding this for upcoming FotS release. I mean, look, FotS is gonna get released in a month and if CA have indeed fixed it they would have said so, since what could be better sale booster than saying that mpc will not go de-sync and the issue has been resolved?

And no, I'm not being hostile towards CA. I'm being hostile towards those whiners who believe they deserve to have a say as to how SEGA/CA should operate and how they should put priorities. If CA wish to focus on making quick DLCs for quick money grab rather than fix the broken issue that had been plaguing the series for two years it's CA's decision. If CA staff members would rather respond to joke threads, it's their decision.

I'm sick of you people whining about the game yet you buy it. If you don't like it then don't buy it. That simple.
    Last edited by leeho730; February 19, 2012 at 11:10 AM.

Icon13 Re: Has CA mentioned coop de-synch with FotS?

Quote Originally Posted by leeho730 View Post
    Wow, hasn't been fixed for two years?

Nah, not gonna get fixed. Two years is a very long time in an IT world. I believe you guys must be very patient or stupid or something, probably both.

CA stopped deleting threads regarding de sync and the mpc forum is practically flooded by the threads regarding issue. And yet no promise or update regarding this for upcoming FotS release. I mean, look, FotS is gonna get released in a month and if CA have indeed fixed it they would have said so, since what could be better sale booster than saying that mpc will not go de-sync and the issue has been resolved?

And no, I'm not being hostile towards CA. I'm being hostile towards those whiners who believe they deserve to have a say as to how SEGA/CA should operate and how they should put priorities. If CA wish to focus on making quick DLCs for quick money grab rather than fix the broken issue that had been plaguing the series for two years it's CA's decision. If CA staff members would rather respond to joke threads, it's their decision.

I'm sick of you people whining about the game yet you buy it. If you don't like it then don't buy it. That simple.
    Actually I think as a customer that have I have the right to ask devs to fix broken issue.

As when you buy a video game at full price by a supposed serious company you are supposed to benefit from a guaranty, well in video gaming support by patches, to fix any main issue with the game you bought like broken feature specially game breaking one.

We whinne as we want it fixed no excuse no refund .... just FIX IT.

But you are right on one point if it s not fixed I wont pay to get fots.

Instead of their pre order dlc I ask for pre order fixes wont that be nice ?

first fix your product then provide if you still have time/found extra ...
    That s what i expect from a serious company well maybe Wargame european escalation will have my money instead.

If it was a mode that you d enjoy or have bought the game for , you d probably be whinning as well BTW ...
    Last edited by leSith; February 19, 2012 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTW View Post
    There are a number of desync fixes we've been working on since Rise of the Samurai (and the accompanying patch) was released.

When we release Fall of the Samurai on March 23rd, we'll also deploy a patch which will upgrade some elements of the core game, which includes all of the desync fixes we've made to date since RotS.

We're also working on new feature for a future patch after Fall of the Samurai is released (we don't have any fixed timescales yet), which will help users who have desyncs in savegames. More on this as we have it.

We are aware of the issue and we are keen to fix it.
    This answer satisfied everything i was wondering about the fixes. And i hope you will continue to develop your campaigns. I cant express enough how important this aspect of the game is being able to play easy smooth campaigns in Total war will help place yourself stronger on the mainstream RTS map.
    Last edited by DeliCiousTZM; February 19, 2012 at 02:00 PM.

Actually I think as a customer that have I have the right to ask devs to fix broken issue. ...
    sad that so much ppl throw away theyre rights just to get another piece of something

i miss sincerity and responsiblilty for something. a few years ago the companies wasnt so fixed on money and more on good customerrelations, but now they has figured out that thats not needed. good work is not needed only new content regarding how its developed cause all the ppl has lose backbone and behave like brave little soldiers happy to perfom the next wish of the big boss.

sad that so much ppl throw away theyre rights just to get another piece of something

i miss sincerity and responsiblilty for something. a few years ago the companies wasnt so fixed on money and more on good customerrelations, but now they has figured out that thats not needed. good work is not needed only new content regarding how its developed cause all the ppl has lose backbone and behave like brave little soldiers happy to perfom the next wish of the big boss.
    Then I have 2 words for the BIG boss : FIX IT

Then I have 2 words for the BIG boss : FIX IT
    glad that u arent one of that brave little soldiers

easytarget's Avatar Libertus

Would be funny if they released mod tools for Shogun 2 and someone fixed this for them. The mod dev who did that could sell his/her creation and I'd gladly pay for it.

You need to learn how to seperate Game developers,Publishers and investors. I would say that very few if any Game Developer ever create a game for the money.

There is a big shfit in the status quo where people start generaly hating "Greedy" behaviour which i dont generaly think is bad. But the hate is missplaced if placed on CA and the hate is missplaced if placed soley on SEGA or the investors. This is how the Monetary system of the world works and it has massive amounts of flaws some of which you realise now, but as a good little peasant you blame the little guy least responsible and the most innocent while ignoring the matrix all around you.

CA is to busy working on what they love and suffering through crunches to share their wonderful creations with us, That i doubt they have time to worry about how much money they will make on their next DLC!

Actually I think as a customer that have I have the right to ask devs to fix broken issue.

As when you buy a video game at full price by a supposed serious company you are supposed to benefit from a guaranty, well in video gaming support by patches, to fix any main issue with the game you bought like broken feature specially game breaking one.

We whinne as we want it fixed no excuse no refund .... just FIX IT.

But you are right on one point if it s not fixed I wont pay to get fots.

Instead of their pre order dlc I ask for pre order fixes wont that be nice ?

first fix your product then provide if you still have time/found extra ...
    That s what i expect from a serious company well maybe Wargame european escalation will have my money instead.

If it was a mode that you d enjoy or have bought the game for , you d probably be whinning as well BTW ...
    Sorry, just in case you didn't realise.... I was being cynical.

No will CA fix co-op de sync issue? If they believe fixing it will cost more money than the extra revenue generated by extra customers, they won't do a thing. They haven't for the last 8 months, despite numerous patches (which came with DLCs). Like will they fix de sync issue for NTW? No they won't.
    Am I being hostile to CA no I'm merely stating the fact and you guys shouldn't be so naive that CA is somehow special.

Maybe TW series have special value for you but if you get rid of all the illusions CA is just another game company. The fact that they've been keeping things in dark or only beginning to incoorate the fix only when they can smell some significant amount of money (i.e. expansion pack) will give you hint as to their nature: they're here to make money, nothing more. Some of you said my theory (that CA will keep selling blood packs as DLC) as a mere conspiration theory but I believe it will be like that for many more TW titles, since CA can make more money selling the DLC.

And even then the fix craig is mentioned is not a definite fix and they are very careful not to promise anything nowadays which means don't expect until you actually see it and what can I say even if fix doesn't get implemented they will believe people will still buy TW series. They've been remarkably quiet about this issue, along with issues regarding modding, which will surely give you hint as to whether they will actually fix it or not.

So my advice is not to buy FotS until it is definitely confirmed that de sync issue had been fixed after the release. And maybe CA will use this as a strategy to sell expansion packs in the future? Break the feature and fix it in the expansion pack? Who knows? If they can sell blood pack surely they can do that.
    Last edited by leeho730; February 19, 2012 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Monetary View Post
    You need to learn how to seperate Game developers,Publishers and investors. I would say that very few if any Game Developer ever create a game for the money.

There is a big shfit in the status quo where people start generaly hating "Greedy" behaviour which i dont generaly think is bad. But the hate is missplaced if placed on CA and the hate is missplaced if placed soley on SEGA or the investors. This is how the Monetary system of the world works and it has massive amounts of flaws some of which you realise now, but as a good little peasant you blame the little guy least responsible and the most innocent while ignoring the matrix all around you.

CA is to busy working on what they love and suffering through crunches to share their wonderful creations with us, That i doubt they have time to worry about how much money they will make on their next DLC!

sure kid sure

at the end it doesnt matter who is responsible. CRAIG is a CA-Member and our Contactperson. maybe u hasnt checked it but CA has programmed shogun so they are responsible for all the bugs and not most innocent.

before u start trash talk read job descriptions.
    Last edited by hooma; February 20, 2012 at 12:08 PM.

http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...Desync-Thread?

You know, it is not funny anymore. Three-yers old bug and they have the guts to ask 2 dollars for a BLOOD DLC?

No way I'm buying ANYTHING from you EVER again.
    Last edited by The Dutch Devil; March 26, 2012 at 06:15 AM. Reason: Insulting-others

Radious's Avatar I came, I saw, I modded

Its sad this issue is stil lnot fixed yet we get in every patch info how there are tons of fixes for coop campaign. But reality is that it doesnt work for 3 years and nothing has changed.

Winner of the 2011, 2012. 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 Modding Awards in Total War Shogun 2, Rome 2, Attila, Warhammer 1 and Warhammer 2.
    Follow us here - Team Radious

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast