Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Has CA mentioned coop de-synch with FotS?

Default Re: Has CA mentioned coop de-synch with FotS?

Guys, a desync'ed game isn't lost, and can be fixed without too much effort. When a desync occurs, there's a discrepancy in the save game file between you and your teammate, so to fix this you simply need to email the host's file to the second player.

Check this file path:
    [your name]/appdata/roaming/The Creative Assembly/Shogun2/save_games_multiplayer

The files won't necessarily always be in order, and number at the end of the file will be one turn off of the one you're looking for. For example, a game on turn 64 will be numbered "65" at the end of the file. Email the file to your friend, have him replace his file with this new one, and you'll both be set to go.

I'd love to see the desyncs stop happening completely, but a friend and I have them happen quite a bit, and this has been a 100% surefire fix to get us back into our campaign with about 5 minutes of effort.

It is a temporary fix. It can last for 20 or so turns, but then it gets a desync that no save file can help.
    I tested it with my friend precisely 1 year ago. Not an option.

Travisfv's Avatar Tiro

I have to say as a advid co-op player, the mpc campaign is amazing. Just yesterday I was besieging Tsushima island and at the time I did not have the necessary technology in order to buy Armstrong guns. So basically I paid my partner 4200 koku and ordered 3 guns. He had them shipped to my army and then transferred them
    To me. Also, when I was on a campaign against the saga, I paid him 10k for his army to take as a loaner army to bolster my forces so I could attack in fewer turns. He got money and experience and in return I would have gotten 4 provinces.... But the plan failed when Nagoya attacked him. I must say that the whole thing is truly amazing and fun. Now no more desynch and it would be a perfect game.
    When life gives you lemons, let sleeping dogs lie.

Quote Originally Posted by ShakyJake View Post
    Guys, a desync'ed game isn't lost, and can be fixed without too much effort. When a desync occurs, there's a discrepancy in the save game file between you and your teammate, so to fix this you simply need to email the host's file to the second player.

Check this file path:
    [your name]/appdata/roaming/The Creative Assembly/Shogun2/save_games_multiplayer

The files won't necessarily always be in order, and number at the end of the file will be one turn off of the one you're looking for. For example, a game on turn 64 will be numbered "65" at the end of the file. Email the file to your friend, have him replace his file with this new one, and you'll both be set to go.

I'd love to see the desyncs stop happening completely, but a friend and I have them happen quite a bit, and this has been a 100% surefire fix to get us back into our campaign with about 5 minutes of effort.
    We've tried this time and again. Sometimes it works for 10 turns, sometimes three. But once it starts, the desynchs continue to happen (at least with us). It just isn't worth the time and frustration, especially since swapping the save file doesn't really fix it (unless early in the game, post 50 turns it's pretty much over.)

That has been our experience. WE'll see with the patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Travisfv View Post
    I have to say as a advid co-op player, the mpc campaign is amazing. Just yesterday I was besieging Tsushima island and at the time I did not have the necessary technology in order to buy Armstrong guns. So basically I paid my partner 4200 koku and ordered 3 guns. He had them shipped to my army and then transferred them
    To me. Also, when I was on a campaign against the saga, I paid him 10k for his army to take as a loaner army to bolster my forces so I could attack in fewer turns. He got money and experience and in return I would have gotten 4 provinces.... But the plan failed when Nagoya attacked him. I must say that the whole thing is truly amazing and fun. Now no more desynch and it would be a perfect game.
    Noone says it is awful. It is AWESOME IN ALL ASPECTS.
    The only problem is that it's broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Shimmler View Post
    Noone says it is awful. It is AWESOME IN ALL ASPECTS.
    The only problem is that it's broken.
    Yes it is awesome otherwise we won't complain I wouldn't have bought the last total war games actually.

If it was for sp campaign I d have just continue with mtw2 with every settings on max and its mods. MTW2 with graphics max is better looking on my computer ^^ than shogun 2 on low.

MTW2 even RTW with mpc and NO desync would be the best.

Well so far 30 turns on our fresh shogun 2 coop mpc without desync fingers crossed.

CraigTW's Avatar Ducenarius

Because of the way Total War campaigns are almost emergent in the huge variety of ways in which games can organically unfold, there are instances where the game will divert and grow in unexpected directions. We are nailing more and more of these parts of the program down and marking them so that desyncs can be reduced, but, given the enormous code base and the complexity that Total War simulates, the job isn't done yet.

We're aware that some Shogun 2 players are still experiencing desync issues in Co-Op campaign. As you know we've been hunting for the root causes to this for quite some time now. We're pretty sure we've caught nearly all the desyncs, and these have been patched with the launch of Fall of The Samurai, so there should be far less risk of this happening from now on.

However, we're still hunting for more desyncs. They are *incredibly* hard to find. But alongside this process, we're building a tool which will allow players to re-sync their campaigns, and continue play from synchronised position.

This tool is in development, and we'll push it out to players as soon as we can. We'll let you know a date as soon as we know it's fully effective, so stay tuned.

Icon14 Re: Has CA mentioned coop de-synch with FotS?

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTW View Post
    Because of the way Total War campaigns are almost emergent in the huge variety of ways in which games can organically unfold, there are instances where the game will divert and grow in unexpected directions. We are nailing more and more of these parts of the program down and marking them so that desyncs can be reduced, but, given the enormous code base and the complexity that Total War simulates, the job isn't done yet.

We're aware that some Shogun 2 players are still experiencing desync issues in Co-Op campaign. As you know we've been hunting for the root causes to this for quite some time now. We're pretty sure we've caught nearly all the desyncs, and these have been patched with the launch of Fall of The Samurai, so there should be far less risk of this happening from now on.

However, we're still hunting for more desyncs. They are *incredibly* hard to find. But alongside this process, we're building a tool which will allow players to re-sync their campaigns, and continue play from synchronised position.

This tool is in development, and we'll push it out to players as soon as we can. We'll let you know a date as soon as we know it's fully effective, so stay tuned.
    thanks Craig for the answer indeed.

Can t wait for these tool do you think it could release let's say in about a month ?

That could be great like thatbmy friend will buy fots and I ll be able to try the new campaign

I don t suppose it's an easy task but after 3 years you can understand that people tends to be impatient about this bug.

Hope it ll come soon.

Great job btw fir the performance improvement made by the shogun 2 update and the new reinforcement system is glorious

oh and if you ever need desync saves Let us now.

Sorry for complaining always on this bug but that the feature which keep me buying and extremely enjoying your new release.

regards

Radious's Avatar I came, I saw, I modded

Then why release something what isnt worknig? Would not be better to first make it work and then release it instead of trying to fix it last 3 years? I tested coop campaigns in Ntw, Shogun 2 and FotS - result for me is same, in none of the campaigns (about 20 coop games) we never got over turn 60 in any game. So your "fixes" which you released doesnt work for me and they never did, not even in FotS or i am still getting those desyncs which are *incredibly* hard to find for you.

Winner of the 2011, 2012. 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 Modding Awards in Total War Shogun 2, Rome 2, Attila, Warhammer 1 and Warhammer 2.
    Follow us here - Team Radious

Judging by comments on official forums, it has gone worse:
    http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...Desync-Thread?

Craig, are you guys making any plans about campaigns with more than 2 players?.

It would be nice an online campaign with my friends, kind of Civ5 online style.

radious, if they waited till they got it working, it wouldnt have been out ever, they delayed empire for the multiplayer, then after 6 months empire was released a beta was released, to this date multiplayer is still 'beta'

they need a new engine, i rather have them start from scratch then to salvage this wreck. if a sync tool can help fine. Just afterwards work on a new engine pretty please, with simple textfiles.

Quote Originally Posted by leSith View Post
    thanks Craig for the answer indeed.

Can t wait for these tool do you think it could release let's say in about a month ?

That could be great like thatbmy friend will buy fots and I ll be able to try the new campaign

I don t suppose it's an easy task but after 3 years you can understand that people tends to be impatient about this bug.

Hope it ll come soon.

Great job btw fir the performance improvement made by the shogun 2 update and the new reinforcement system is glorious

oh and if you ever need desync saves Let us now.

Sorry for complaining always on this bug but that the feature which keep me buying and extremely enjoying your new release.

regards
    yeah thx Craig for the political and fictional statement

u should release the tool soon as possible. let the customer do your job.

maybe it would be clever just to give shogun2 open for mods.. i bet someone would fix this for u. it seems CA isnt in the position for clear programming or keep promises.

leSith what performance inprovemnt u mean? i has started only shogun2 yesterday and was only in mainmenu and during that i typed a message to a friend via steam. i could see the every 2 second a new letter pop up.... nice performance

Judging by comments on official forums, it has gone worse:
    http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...Desync-Thread?

big fail CA!

glad that i hasnt buy ROTS.. i was in the Beta and the first i noticed... mmh no MP-Campaign..

so afterall i come to the conclusion that so far shogun2 was my last Total war frenchise.. im glad that slowly other company jump on the same style of game.

as long CA did promises they dont could keep and messed up the mp balance with dlcs and theyre horrible patch and information politic total war was a good gameserie.
    but after all i play the games for mp expirience but sadly the only part that ever works to 99% is the single player campaign. maybe CA u should remove all the multiplayer stuff if u are not willing or able the maintain a crew to release a working, cheat, exploit and abusefree competitive system without hundreds of dlcs or feedback every couple of months.

Quote Originally Posted by hooma View Post
    yeah thx Craig for the political and fictional statement
    im glad that slowly other company jump on the same style of game.
    And which is that? I wanna check it out

Once again, thank you Craig for response.

Yet how depressing. It's hard to understand why the Dev's say they've fixed "almost all of the desynchs," yet in practice... of course the coop campaign still desynchs, and even earlier than I'm used to (this time around 30 turns).

It's just really hard to understand, from a lay consumer's perspective .

I don't wish to discourage official responses, only a real fan's true feelings on the subject.

Brain_in_a_vat's Avatar Domesticus

I can no longer play any public co-op campaign anymore thanks to FotS. I have to either invite a friend or be invited, and not many people I know of play Shogun 2.

Found this on the internet. Signed it.
    http://www.change.org/petitions/the-...its-expansions

Found this on the internet. Signed it.
    http://www.change.org/petitions/the-...its-expansions
    why?

i dont see a reason for that. cause i dont think a petition would change the fact that CA isnt capable for fixing... but at least i believe CA try to fix it. so the petition wouldnt change anything

The petition is pointless. Good idea if CA had said "Oh it's okay, we're just leaving the Co-op campaign as it is". They're already trying to fix it. Telling them to fix it again wont make it get fixed any faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Brian de Bois-Guilbert View Post
    the Church has only improved mankind in history

For this there are words, but none that abide by the ToS.

Well we just finished a mp coop short campaign (105 turns) And .... No desync ! Even using extensively agents.

We tried to continue our previous desync one but even by exchanging the savegames we were still having desync.

So for now ( at least for us ) it seems that if you start a fresh new coop campaign desync wont happen that often that s a really good news. We started a fots long mp coop campaign ( my friend finally bought the game as we dont experience desync anymore) I ll let you know how it goes.

now if they could improve AI ( specially the BAI ) for fots !

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast