Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Has CA mentioned coop de-synch with FotS?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Has CA mentioned coop de-synch with FotS?

I'm just curious if anyone has heard or read anything regarding the MP coop campaign de-synch in FotS?

For those of you who don't play MP coop campaigns, after 50 or so turns the game will "de-synch" and the campaign is simply lost. This can sometimes be remedied by the two players swapping the save file. But this often doesn't help, or only delays the de-synch a few turns.

I worry that when a company doesn't mention a non-functioning game mode, it means I shouldn't be holding out hope that it will be fixed.

Icon8 Re: Has CA mentioned coop de-synch with FotS?

By respect for their customers who play this
    mode they really have to give an answer about it

Default Re: Has CA mentioned coop de-synch with FotS?

Nor has the question ever been raised loudly. Desyncs are a problem tho and its something worth bringing up so lets complain.

CA FIX DESYNC FOR CAMPAIGN NOW OMFG CANCEL PREORDER ETC.

Icon13 Re: Has CA mentioned coop de-synch with FotS?

Quote Originally Posted by The-Monetary View Post
    Nor has the question ever been raised loudly. Desyncs are a problem tho and its something worth bringing up so lets complain.

CA FIX DESYNC FOR CAMPAIGN NOW OMFG CANCEL PREORDER ETC.
    So let s start with a : CA GO ASK GAME DEVELOPPERS HOW THEY MANAGED NOT TO HAVE DESYNC IN THEIR GAME !!! BEFORE HAVING THE GUTS TO ADVERTISE YOUR ****ing PRE ORDER FACTIONS ...

SgtScooter's Avatar Civis

There are actually a lot of loud questions about it on the official forum, and mine are among them. They piped up asking for feedback about it over six months ago, but there hasn't been a peep from them since. It seems like they've given up on it.

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    There are actually a lot of loud questions about it on the official forum, and mine are among them. They piped up asking for feedback about it over six months ago, but there hasn't been a peep from them since. It seems like they've given up on it.
    Hope really they don t ! Otherwise I ll give up paying fir their games.

No fix no money ... simple ...

I didn t say I won't get it ... I said No money

it's soo stupid I d have pay fir the pre order I bought every dlc except the blood one and warpath ... Both for the content and to support them in their developpement.
    But not fixing a game breacking bug like this one is
    like saying screw you ! Stupid customers ... And thanks for the cash ...

Sorry if I sound rude I trully respect CA's work so far but he desync is really turning me crazy

1 it's game breaking for a mpc only player
    2 threads about bayonnets , hats , modding tools ,

Even " I don't like your game anymore " bla bla bla

or " I don't like gun "

even better : " it shouldn t be a stand alone " bla bla bla

Have been ANSWERED !

And still no reply for a GAME FEATURE broken !

For those who don't trust me go type " shogun 2 mpc desync " even " shogun 2 mpc " and see the list of pages asking for a fix for this bug....

On the steam forum you could read : " don't buy this game for multiplayer campaign " !

I really need an answer from CA please

CraigTW's Avatar Ducenarius

There are a number of desync fixes we've been working on since Rise of the Samurai (and the accompanying patch) was released.

When we release Fall of the Samurai on March 23rd, we'll also deploy a patch which will upgrade some elements of the core game, which includes all of the desync fixes we've made to date since RotS.

We're also working on new feature for a future patch after Fall of the Samurai is released (we don't have any fixed timescales yet), which will help users who have desyncs in savegames. More on this as we have it.

We are aware of the issue and we are keen to fix it.

Thank you so much for this answer !!!!

I guess it will happily welcome by all the community playing MPC

I won't have to change my recommandation on steam stating that MPC is glorious

sorry for the rude saying before but honestly I ve been waiting for such an answer for months now ( and losing 1 hour per week end exchanging save game files ( time to stop the game + time to upload/download + time to restart each time ) is really a pain.

Regards

Can't wait for this fix to be finally release
    Last edited by leSith; February 15, 2012 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTW View Post
    There are a number of desync fixes we've been working on since Rise of the Samurai (and the accompanying patch) was released.

When we release Fall of the Samurai on March 23rd, we'll also deploy a patch which will upgrade some elements of the core game, which includes all of the desync fixes we've made to date since RotS.

We're also working on new feature for a future patch after Fall of the Samurai is released (we don't have any fixed timescales yet), which will help users who have desyncs in savegames. More on this as we have it.

Craig, I very much appreciate this response. The reason some of us are so passionate about this particular bug is because mp coop campaign is amazing. I just had another campaign desynch a few days ago. Let me know if you guys need save files of game with the problem, I have several.

I am very glad that you guys are working on it. I don't doubt that it's a complex issue.

seriosly Craig why u has started poll to for knowing what patchpolitic the community wants if u still use the same strategie: "only publish fixes on release of dlcs or add ons". i know its a good way to cover the crap in the patches or that not all problems has been adressed or new growing up. but at least be honest and stop try to trick the community.

why some ppl must always pull the answers for all the problems of shogun out of your nose? i think u are the community manager right? so do ur job and talk about the problems. u know not only desyncs are a big problem. so maybe u should stop talking to much about FOTS and more what CA plans to do to bring shogun where it has been promised. at least we has payed CA for shogun and actual its not even half worth what we payed for.

This answer satisfied everything i was wondering about the fixes. And i hope you will continue to develop your campaigns. I cant express enough how important this aspect of the game is being able to play easy smooth campaigns in Total war will help place yourself stronger on the mainstream RTS map.
    Last edited by DeliCiousTZM; February 19, 2012 at 02:00 PM.

Radious's Avatar I came, I saw, I modded

Coop campaign should be really fixed in Fots and fixed in RotS and Shogun 2 in patch. If it wont then i think you should remove the feature CA completely. 2 years since NTW and 2 years coop campaign doesnt work. 2 years of broken feature, 2 years of saying how you working on fix and yet in every dlc, expansion, new game you putting broken coop still in. Fix it or remove it finally.

Winner of the 2011, 2012. 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 Modding Awards in Total War Shogun 2, Rome 2, Attila, Warhammer 1 and Warhammer 2.
    Follow us here - Team Radious

Quote Originally Posted by Radious View Post
    Coop campaign should be really fixed in Fots and fixed in RotS and Shogun 2 in patch. If it wont then i think you should remove the feature CA completely. 2 years since NTW and 2 years coop campaign doesnt work. 2 years of broken feature, 2 years of saying how you working on fix and yet in every dlc, expansion, new game you putting broken coop still in. Fix it or remove it finally.
    No ! Definitly not !
    If they give up on it they give up with me and my friend as customers!

Seriously it's like when ETW single player campaign was broken and I would have said

They fix it or they should remove the sp campaign !

No way ! We ve been waiting since rtw for this feature no way back for me

Wow, hasn't been fixed for two years?

Nah, not gonna get fixed. Two years is a very long time in an IT world. I believe you guys must be very patient or stupid or something, probably both.

CA stopped deleting threads regarding de sync and the mpc forum is practically flooded by the threads regarding issue. And yet no promise or update regarding this for upcoming FotS release. I mean, look, FotS is gonna get released in a month and if CA have indeed fixed it they would have said so, since what could be better sale booster than saying that mpc will not go de-sync and the issue has been resolved?

And no, I'm not being hostile towards CA. I'm being hostile towards those whiners who believe they deserve to have a say as to how SEGA/CA should operate and how they should put priorities. If CA wish to focus on making quick DLCs for quick money grab rather than fix the broken issue that had been plaguing the series for two years it's CA's decision. If CA staff members would rather respond to joke threads, it's their decision.

I'm sick of you people whining about the game yet you buy it. If you don't like it then don't buy it. That simple.
    Last edited by leeho730; February 19, 2012 at 11:10 AM.

Icon13 Re: Has CA mentioned coop de-synch with FotS?

Quote Originally Posted by leeho730 View Post
    Wow, hasn't been fixed for two years?

Nah, not gonna get fixed. Two years is a very long time in an IT world. I believe you guys must be very patient or stupid or something, probably both.

CA stopped deleting threads regarding de sync and the mpc forum is practically flooded by the threads regarding issue. And yet no promise or update regarding this for upcoming FotS release. I mean, look, FotS is gonna get released in a month and if CA have indeed fixed it they would have said so, since what could be better sale booster than saying that mpc will not go de-sync and the issue has been resolved?

And no, I'm not being hostile towards CA. I'm being hostile towards those whiners who believe they deserve to have a say as to how SEGA/CA should operate and how they should put priorities. If CA wish to focus on making quick DLCs for quick money grab rather than fix the broken issue that had been plaguing the series for two years it's CA's decision. If CA staff members would rather respond to joke threads, it's their decision.

I'm sick of you people whining about the game yet you buy it. If you don't like it then don't buy it. That simple.
    Actually I think as a customer that have I have the right to ask devs to fix broken issue.

As when you buy a video game at full price by a supposed serious company you are supposed to benefit from a guaranty, well in video gaming support by patches, to fix any main issue with the game you bought like broken feature specially game breaking one.

We whinne as we want it fixed no excuse no refund .... just FIX IT.

But you are right on one point if it s not fixed I wont pay to get fots.

Instead of their pre order dlc I ask for pre order fixes wont that be nice ?

first fix your product then provide if you still have time/found extra ...
    That s what i expect from a serious company well maybe Wargame european escalation will have my money instead.

If it was a mode that you d enjoy or have bought the game for , you d probably be whinning as well BTW ...
    Last edited by leSith; February 19, 2012 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by leSith View Post
    Actually I think as a customer that have I have the right to ask devs to fix broken issue. ...
    sad that so much ppl throw away theyre rights just to get another piece of something

i miss sincerity and responsiblilty for something. a few years ago the companies wasnt so fixed on money and more on good customerrelations, but now they has figured out that thats not needed. good work is not needed only new content regarding how its developed cause all the ppl has lose backbone and behave like brave little soldiers happy to perfom the next wish of the big boss.

Quote Originally Posted by hooma View Post
    sad that so much ppl throw away theyre rights just to get another piece of something

i miss sincerity and responsiblilty for something. a few years ago the companies wasnt so fixed on money and more on good customerrelations, but now they has figured out that thats not needed. good work is not needed only new content regarding how its developed cause all the ppl has lose backbone and behave like brave little soldiers happy to perfom the next wish of the big boss.
    Then I have 2 words for the BIG boss : FIX IT

Quote Originally Posted by leSith View Post
    Then I have 2 words for the BIG boss : FIX IT
    glad that u arent one of that brave little soldiers

Quote Originally Posted by hooma View Post

You need to learn how to seperate Game developers,Publishers and investors. I would say that very few if any Game Developer ever create a game for the money.

There is a big shfit in the status quo where people start generaly hating "Greedy" behaviour which i dont generaly think is bad. But the hate is missplaced if placed on CA and the hate is missplaced if placed soley on SEGA or the investors. This is how the Monetary system of the world works and it has massive amounts of flaws some of which you realise now, but as a good little peasant you blame the little guy least responsible and the most innocent while ignoring the matrix all around you.

CA is to busy working on what they love and suffering through crunches to share their wonderful creations with us, That i doubt they have time to worry about how much money they will make on their next DLC!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast