Thread: CKII on Steam - error. "MSVCP100.dll is missing"? (a solution is here)

IZob's Avatar Citizen

Default CKII on Steam - error. "MSVCP100.dll is missing"? (a solution is here)

Hi, I thought I would shair the solution to this problem so that others would not have to go through the difficult task of fixing the problem on their own. I have in no way contributed to the process of how to fix this error. I'm just passing on the message.

The error:
    After installing CKII on steam, you run the game and the start up menu pops up. On the menu there are buttons such as register, play CKII and box's for mods and DLC. When you click play, the menu disappears and nothing happens.

Likewise, if you start CKII (ck2.exe or ck2game.exe) via its folder in steam (\Steam\steamapps\common\crusader kings ii) the game still does not start and a error message pops up: "... MSVCP100.dll is missing ... reinstall the game).

A solution: Download and install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86). You will need to be an administrator of your computer for the installation.

Download link: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en...s.aspx?id=8328 (4.8mb)
    System requirments, Instructions:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Vista, Windows XP

• Windows 7
      • Windows Server 2003
      • Windows Server 2008
      • Windows Server 2008 R2
      • Windows Vista
      • Windows XP
    • Hardware Requirements:
      • Hard disc space: Minimum 6 MB (x86)
    • Required Software:
      • Windows Installer 3.0 Windows Installer 3.1 or later is recommended
    Instructions

1.Important: Make sure you have the latest service pack and critical updates for the version of Windows that you are running. To find recent security updates, visit Windows Update.
    2.On this page, click Download to start the download
    3.To save the download on your computer so that you can install it later, click Save.
    4.To save the download to your computer for installation at a later time, click Save.

After the installation (which only takes a few seconds), restart the game and hopefuly CK2 will run.

Origional information was found in the Paradox forum here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...will-not-start.
    You will need to be a member of their forum to view their information.
    Contact me on Steam: steamcommunity.com/id/IZob/ or send a PM.

Default Re: CKII on Steam - error. "MSVCP100.dll is missing"? (a solution is here)

thank you so much bro its work!!

IZob's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: CKII on Steam - error. "MSVCP100.dll is missing"? (a solution is here)

Quote Originally Posted by Kuzkol View Post
    thank you so much bro its work!!
    No problem
    Contact me on Steam: steamcommunity.com/id/IZob/ or send a PM.

Good solution. Thanks Izob.

This probably happens, if like me, your used to games trying to install old version of everything and just cancel stuff as soon as it comes up.

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Got this error with total war attila. Thanks for the link... it still works. This error came from nowhere.

Thanks Its WOrk