Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Small modifications on request (READ THE OP BEFORE POSTING) TEMPORARILY CLOSED

Default Re: Small modifications on request (READ THE OP BEFORE POSTING)

Last edited by AQUILIFIER; February 17, 2012 at 02:20 PM.

Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5

keep using the old version then. I'll see if I can get a version up any time, not now at least.

EDIT: It says 0 views. Did you see the attachment in my previous post?

OK, thanks for the help

By the way I have a little question: which scripts I should not activate in the Barons submod (I've red that some of them cause crashes)? In fact the only script I really want to activate is the total recruitment

No, it's strange it says 0 views, because I dowloaded it twice. Now I'll try to locate the problem

Try the one in my previous post then

The Problem is somewhere in the battle_models file in the unit models folder. When i replaced it with the original Baron one the game launched but with the old units. Hope this might be helpfull

Again the same...

Just use the old version then.

Ok, sorry about waisting your time and thank you again

I'll try it again tomorrow

EDIT:AQUILIFER, Here's a new version for you.
    Last edited by Emperor of Hell; February 22, 2012 at 02:42 AM. Reason: Updated the link with the EDU of 5 posts below

Captain Zoran's Avatar Ducenarius

Just had to drop in and say that this is an really fantastic, helping and admirable thing youre doing here. Definetly shows the quality of what a few helping hands can do towards a better community. Excellent work.

P.S. What about dwarves on bears? Is that an option?
    The friendly neighbourhood hobo with a shotgun of Westeros: Total War, bringing the Game of Thrones to life!
    Check out my new LOTR fan(tastic) fiction here: The Accountant's Trial

It works haha thanks for your persistance
    +rep of course

There may be a mod for this, and if so then I have simply been unable to locate it. I have vanilla 3.1, I'm using no mods (since I've been reading that the big ones such as barons and MOS either crash randomly/spoil games or have no download links.) So this is what I wanted in the game. I realise a lot of what I will be asking may already exist, or may take too long to do, if so ignore those suggestions/or direct me to where i may find them.

1: Remove ai stacking/infinite resource triggers.
    2: I'd love it if you could weaken Rhun and Harad, any way you think is easy and feasible. They always steam-roll and i hate seeing the same outcome in every campaign test I do. Lower their city count, or just hurt them.
    3: Is it possible to add watch-towers to the map, automatically? i remember 1 mod which had specific watchtowers scattered throughout the map, it was for SS...if it is too time-consuming forget it...I'd just rather it be automatic. You'd assume you'd be able to see your own territory.
    4: Is it possible to lower construction/pop ratios. I'm inpatient by nature and i don't like waiting 4 turns for a dirt road...or 10 turns for 1 unit whilst my enemies seem to have a never ending STREAM OF STACKS...

I'll leave it at that. I just want the game to be easier, and not in campaign or battle sense either, but in the blatant 'we'll give the enemy EVERYTHING and you nothing aspect'. I like the enemy to be better in the field, giving them bonus to stats or unlimited supplies doesn't qualify as improved ai behaviour to me. Thanks in advance. I love the mod btw, and what you guys are doing is great. I know how to do artwork and textures, no clue how to change these sort of things though.

Quote Originally Posted by Wei.Xiadi.TW View Post
    There may be a mod for this, and if so then I have simply been unable to locate it. I have vanilla 3.1, I'm using no mods (since I've been reading that the big ones such as barons and MOS either crash randomly/spoil games or have no download links.) So this is what I wanted in the game. I realise a lot of what I will be asking may already exist, or may take too long to do, if so ignore those suggestions/or direct me to where i may find them.

1: Remove ai stacking/infinite resource triggers.
    2: I'd love it if you could weaken Rhun and Harad, any way you think is easy and feasible. They always steam-roll and i hate seeing the same outcome in every campaign test I do. Lower their city count, or just hurt them.
    3: Is it possible to add watch-towers to the map, automatically? i remember 1 mod which had specific watchtowers scattered throughout the map, it was for SS...if it is too time-consuming forget it...I'd just rather it be automatic. You'd assume you'd be able to see your own territory.
    4: Is it possible to lower construction/pop ratios. I'm inpatient by nature and i don't like waiting 4 turns for a dirt road...or 10 turns for 1 unit whilst my enemies seem to have a never ending STREAM OF STACKS...

I'll leave it at that. I just want the game to be easier, and not in campaign or battle sense either, but in the blatant 'we'll give the enemy EVERYTHING and you nothing aspect'. I like the enemy to be better in the field, giving them bonus to stats or unlimited supplies doesn't qualify as improved ai behaviour to me. Thanks in advance. I love the mod btw, and what you guys are doing is great. I know how to do artwork and textures, no clue how to change these sort of things though.
    1. Doable. Do you want it completely removed or decreased?
    2. Doable
    3. Time consuming annoying job
    4. Much work

Quote Originally Posted by AQUILIFIER View Post
    It works haha thanks for your persistance
    +rep of course
    Ah, great it works. Found something which may cause a crash. Put the file in the attachment in Third_Age_3/data. It's savegame compatible. I think all my changes are.

EDIT: Ahh, double post.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor of Hell View Post
    1. Doable. Do you want it completely removed or decreased?
    2. Doable
    3. Time consuming annoying job
    4. Much work
    1 and 2 it is then.

1: can you completely remove it?
    2: thanks.

Could you please make these two submods compatible? thnxs
    Taro_M's New units (campaign): http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=520509
    Expanded Map mod for vanilla: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=432985

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

I think they should work together without problems. Unless the expanded map mod also adds new units
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Expanded map edits edb and Taro's campaign units edit descr_regions. I'll merge them very soon for you.

EDIT:I've finished it. Install Expanded map, then Taro's units and then extract the zip file in the attachment in your Third_Age_3 folder.

EDIT:
    1 and 2 it is then.

1: can you completely remove it?
    2: thanks.
    Do you also want garrison script removed? Just all AI advantages?