Thread: Sci-fi Total War

Default Sci-fi Total War

Mass Effect crossed with Total War.

It would be incredible.
    The Milky Way as the battle ground. Hundreds of solar systems to travel to and conquer, enslave, or destroy. Within the solar systems 5-20 planets? Within each planet, Continents, nations, factions, whatever.

Multiple races, species, governments, militant groups.

I don't know. When I play Empire:TW, I can't stop thinking about how amazing it would be to travel from Earth to another system and start an interstellar war.

...................You know you'd love it...........I'd never stop playing it.

Default Re: Sci-fi Total War

Ever.

No no no... please just stick to history.

Absolutely never, TW should never go Fantasy, History is better

CA did fantasy already. It's called Rome total war. So they could easily do another fantasy game.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

Stívarđr Reynitré's Avatar Domesticus

Never, ever make that game CA.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaric View Post
    CA did fantasy already. It's called Rome total war. So they could easily do another fantasy game.
    Haha. This is true. CA needs to stick to a historical foundation. Rest assured Sci-Fi mods will be made.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected. - G.K. CHESTERTON

Seemingly unlike most posters here I am open minded and always willing to try new things.

I don't think it's CA territory even it sounds interesting.

Stívarđr Reynitré's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by irelandeb View Post
    Seemingly unlike most posters here I am open minded and always willing to try new things.

I don't think it's CA territory even it sounds interesting.
    I'm willing to try new things, but whether CA have the gumption or the knowledge to move into that genre is an ENTIRELY different argument.

Quote Originally Posted by esaciar View Post
    I'm willing to try new things, but whether CA have the gumption or the knowledge to move into that genre is an ENTIRELY different argument.
    Well I don't think CA should ever move into the future or sci fi.

Although I would like to see more modern TW.

I think it isn't a bad idea, but would the map work like etw and if so wouldn't it be really hard to get around, as there would be so many solar systems. Also Etw is apparently hard to mod so most people don't bother

Somehow I could see Warhammer 40K working in a somewhat enhanced total war experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaric View Post
    Lol rome had a lot of historical mistakes but the historical basis was nonetheless there.
    Fantasy sci fi modern times those are heresy. Tw must stick to History or there are going to do stormrise2 and nobody wants that even CA.

For sci fi fans there galactic civ or sins of a solar empire with plenty of mods bsg star wars star trek Babylon 5 sg1....
    "Stop quoting laws we carry swords" G. Pompeius

Razor's Avatar Licenced to insult

Well, how Sci-fi do you want it to be? Just earth or another planet or multiple planets/intergalactic? The latter would be interesting but would make the game HUGE. I don't think Total War is up for it. Personally I prefer Total War sticking to history or based on history (or plausible alternate reality scenarios), but I wouldn't mind such a game or a mod.