Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai trailer

Default Re: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai trailer

Even knowing that trailers usually show handpicked footage, what has been shown looks great so far.
    I'm actually interested in how CA manages to insert the modern technology aspects in the game. This might well be an experiment for further releases.

That being said, I can't help noticing that the French Infanterie de Marine are wearing the red caps and trousers of line infantry, instead of the all blue uniforms actually worn by French marines (which earned them "the blue division" nickname in the Franco-Prussian war). I guess it's because "red trousers are French".
    (come on, I can't be the first one to do an historical accuracy remark!)
    Last edited by don_Durandal; February 17, 2012 at 04:47 AM.
    “a poor model can be saved by a great texture, but a bad texture will ruin even the most detailed model. - James O'Donnell, Forgotten Hope mod artist

An American Civil War game would be kind of intersting, but limited in scope to just the US, and only two real factions. Also if you did have a bigger map, it would be kind of an odd contest considering the US was isolationist during that period, and also generally had better firearms than most of the world at that time. I generally love the games CA makes, and would be happy to try a WWI or similar era, but I don't think that's likely, I see Rome 2 as the next one.

hochmeister devin's Avatar Senator

[QUOTE=Thefallenhun;11051945]also generally had better firearms than most of the world at that time.QUOTE]

What time period? because if you ment from ACW to WW1 your very wrong.
    My mods
    -Mod Leader for the Wheel Of Time This is not the beginning, but it is a beginning
    -Mod Leader for Shogun 2: Foreign Invasion if you want a mod with alot of units this is for you, not only is there the 40 units CA made theres planned to be atleast 177 NEW units when its done.
    -Modder in the World War I and Shogun II project. The only full scale mod for FOTS and it plays nothing like FOTS. FOTS may have Gatling guns, WW1&S2 has tekidanto samurai, SNLF, MGs, kisho snipers, assault infantry(shotguns) just to name a few.

Comrade_Rory's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Yeah, military wise... the USA didn't really even catch up with Europe until World War 2.

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

[QUOTE=hochmeister devin;11051997]
    Quote Originally Posted by Thefallenhun View Post
    also generally had better firearms than most of the world at that time.QUOTE]

What time period? because if you ment from ACW to WW1 your very wrong.
    I think he might be referring to guns like the Henry Rifle, the predecessor to the Winchester. But otherwise, the Americans would've been outclassed by the Chassepot and the Needle Gun, for example.

Hresvelgr's Avatar Campidoctor

[QUOTE=♔EmperorBatman999♔;11052327]
    Quote Originally Posted by hochmeister devin View Post

I think he might be referring to guns like the Henry Rifle, the predecessor to the Winchester. But otherwise, the Americans would've been outclassed by the Chassepot and the Needle Gun, for example.
    Well, the needle gun had its drawbacks. Apparently it had a rather short range. I've even heard of one incident from the Triple Alliance War (1864-1870) of a regiment of Brazilian soldiers ditching their needle guns for Enfields or some other type of minie rifle. The Chassepot though was unparalleled, and it was actually sold to the elite unit of the Shogunate forces.
    I'm not crazy, I'm the only one who's not crazy!

very, very awesome! Cant wait to play! =)
    The whole world is in chess. Any move can be the death of you.
    Baldwin IV

Geez VID keep remove...
    Its easy to make war with others, its never been easy when we need a peace.

My holy damn simple tactic; Strike First, Strike HARD and SHOW NO MERCY.

so is religon going to pay any role in fall of the samurai

A very good question. The Emperor was on the same side as the foreigners, yet being Emperor was a rather religious ordeal. I suppose the option to convert to christianity would still be there though (or GASP, Christianity, Catholicism, or Protestantism).

The alternative of course, is that it may be replaced by an "influence" system, like RotS, with the influences being Japanese (possibly divided in to Shogun and Emperor) French, American and British.

i would thhink that their probably would be shinto shrines and buddhist temples which gives u bonuses but not mor than that, sorta like in rise of da samurai

rjane04's Avatar Libertus

Empire 2 Total War is the next series to follow this great title.

I get the feeling we'll get an all new era before we get another TW 2

Quote Originally Posted by don_Durandal View Post
    Even knowing that trailers usually show handpicked footage, what has been shown looks great so far.
    I'm actually interested in how CA manages to insert the modern technology aspects in the game. This might well be an experiment for further releases.

That being said, I can't help noticing that the French Infanterie de Marine are wearing the red caps and trousers of line infantry, instead of the all blue uniforms actually worn by French marines (which earned them "the blue division" nickname in the Franco-Prussian war). I guess it's because "red trousers are French".
    (come on, I can't be the first one to do an historical accuracy remark!)
    CA has displayed that they care approximately as much for accuracy in uniforms as the average yeast cares about nuclear physics.

Just be grateful they didn't decide to make Nara the capital of Japan for 'gameplay reasons'.

Uniforms are easy, just recolor them appropriately when it comes out...

Quote Originally Posted by Swerg View Post
    CA has displayed that they care approximately as much for accuracy in uniforms as the average yeast cares about nuclear physics.

Just be grateful they didn't decide to make Nara the capital of Japan for 'gameplay reasons'.
    Well first of all there were no European/American units fighting in Japan (assisting yes, but not marine units) so the whole idea is ahistorical. I think that makes the uniforms moot but eh..
    Under the patronage of John I Tzimisces

Fireright's Avatar Campidoctor

Not much seen on the trailer re the campaign map. Will there still be giant birds flying around with the wingspan of small towns?

Quote Originally Posted by Fireright View Post
    Not much seen on the trailer re the campaign map. Will there still be giant birds flying around with the wingspan of small towns?
    I hope so. I rely on those birds to terrify my subjects in to submission

Fireright's Avatar Campidoctor

Those giant birds really add a touch of gritty military authenticity to the map in Shogun2

Perhaps in Fall of the Bayonet they'll swoop down and snatch enemy trains off the track.

Theyre big enough to do it so I see no reason why not.

Anyone else suspect the release of a new trailer on monday ? I'm excited to learn about the changes on the campaign side of things.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast