Thread: AI Doesn't Siege Player Castles?

Default AI Doesn't Siege Player Castles?

I'm using DarthMod v3.3 and any time an invading army attacks one of my castles, they never siege the castle directly. The AI always waits outside for the castle to starve. The only way to enter battle is to engage the AI on the field, where I lose all advantages of a castle defense. Is this normal vanilla AI behavior or is it unique to DarthMod?

Default Re: AI Doesn't Siege Player Castles?

No, in vanilla, the CAI almost always assaults. It's the single worst downfall of the CAI in my eyes. It results in the player fighting one siege after the other and hardly any land battles anymore, and the AI wastes its troops because siege defenses are so easy.
    If it's changed in DM, that's a huge improvement to the AI. Saying "I want the AI to attack my castles" is saying "I want the AI to be stupid".
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Under normal circumstances, I'd agree AI usually choosing sieges is stupid. But with the realm divide system and bigger AI cheats on harder difficulties, castle sieges sort of even things out a little.

In vanilla, CAI sometimes starve city, but only if it thinks that defender is too strong. But it have bad treshold, so it assaults when it would have probubly won field battle, but will lose siege battle (and win if autoresolved siege).