Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Total War

Default Re: A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Total War

Quote Originally Posted by MrrRandomDude View Post
    You might Join the Westoros total war team and get the mod out faster by just putting you work together with there's. They have custom settlements. It would Take a lot of the pressure off of you and the Other team. Also get this out for the fans. Just maybe a idea. It may even be easier to get this into English and German.
    This won`t happen, though, since our mods have totally different scopes and approach almost everything differently.

How? Is he basing this off the Books Or one single book. And maybe you just base it off the show. I have no Idea. Could you Indulge a bit more.

We too base it on the books and not the show. His mod aims to include the whole of essos, while we will focus our attention entirely on westeros. Then we also model entirely new units, instead of retexturing the vanilla ones. We also dont use the idea of giving every bannerman unique skins- That isn't viable, in our opinion. Then there's the language barrier- We would have to translate his stuff first, and he ours, which takes time. And also, quite frankly, we would gain "nothing" by merging the two mods except more work. And since we are nearing completion, this isn't viable.

I see. Thank you for explaining. And I wish both your Mods Luck and I hope too see both Completed.

Thank you! I´m also looking forward to this mod, since it`s ambitious and has great potential.

LOADING SCREEN

Hi guys, I'm showing you the loading screen we'll have in the mod. Do you like it (even though quotes are in Italian) ?

Soreal~'s Avatar Laetus

Very Nice

Looks really nice.

Looks awesome. I just wish I was smart enough to speak another language so I could play when it's released.

Minor cosmetic feedback from me, I think it would be cooler if the loading screens were drawings instead of images from the TV show.

I've been avoiding the TV show because I don't want to ruin the image in my head of the various factions in Westeros and replace it with the re-imagined world of a poorly conceived TV show.

Now i haven't watched the TV show so I don't know if its poorly written or not, but most things on TV aren't even worth considering.

I've let enough tv shows and movies ruin my favorite books for me. I'm not a rabid book fan boy either, I thought some things in the book could have been written differently or published differently, and I do think some movies / tv shows turn out better than the books from which they were derived.

Either way keep up the good work and I look forward to trying out your Mod whatever settings you end up using.
    Last edited by jado818; July 25, 2012 at 04:14 PM.

JarlFrank's Avatar Libertus

Well, at least the first season is quite true to the books and fits very well, most characters are also very very close to how I imagined them in the book. It's worth watching!

Veit ek, at ek hekk

vindgameiði á
    nætr allar níu,
    geiri undaðr
    ok gefinn Óðni,
    sjalfur sjalfum mér,
    á þeim meiði
    er manngi veit
    hvers af rótum renn.

Quote Originally Posted by jado818 View Post
    Looks awesome. I just wish I was smart enough to speak another language so I could play when it's released.

Minor cosmetic feedback from me, I think it would be cooler if the loading screens were drawings instead of images from the TV show.

I've been avoiding the TV show because I don't want to ruin the image in my head of the various factions in Westeros and replace it with the re-imagined world of a poorly conceived TV show.

Now i haven't watched the TV show so I don't know if its poorly written or not, but most things on TV aren't even worth considering.

I've let enough tv shows and movies ruin my favorite books for me. I'm not a rabid book fan boy either, I thought some things in the book could have been written differently or published differently, and I do think some movies / tv shows turn out better than the books from which they were derived.

Either way keep up the good work and I look forward to trying out your Mod whatever settings you end up using.
    They're worth a view. Probably the best television series since HBO's Rome. Moreover, RR Martin actively collaborates with the producers (sometimes), so there isn't much to lose.

EDIT: But the prospects of this mod coming out soon excite me. It will be nice to have a different mod for the series.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected. - G.K. CHESTERTON

Radboud's Avatar Luctor et Emergo

I don't know if you know but you're close to the max limit of regions (199). So Essos can't be as detailed as you made Westeros but I'm guessing you already know this (Essos is mostly desert and steppes so it probably doesn't matter much).

Quote Originally Posted by Radboud View Post
    I don't know if you know but you're close to the max limit of regions (199). So Essos can't be as detailed as you made Westeros but I'm guessing you already know this (Essos is mostly desert and steppes so it probably doesn't matter much).
    Yes, I know the limit, thanks. As you correctly say, in Westeros there are not so many cities and it's not highly populated, so I think I can manage it with only 40 provinces.

megells's Avatar Civis

I can already tell this is going to be a good year for ASOIAF media.

Good news for the mod! We made a "partnership" with the SUBMOD of Westeros Total War "The Imagery and Music of HBO's Game of Thrones" and I will include in my mod some great music and images made by them. A special thanks to Inarus and Radboud !

Kiliç Alì's Avatar Domesticus
    Artifex

@Auc, the screens are really great, can't wait to see your ASOIAF mod out and play it!

almeno gicherò a qualcosa in italiano, l'inglese alla lunga stanca

I like expecially the choice of fonts and the background

Member of the Imperial House of Hader, proud client of The only and sole Ferrit

Quote Originally Posted by Kiliç Alì View Post
    @Auc, the screens are really great, can't wait to see your ASOIAF mod out and play it!

almeno giocherò a qualcosa in italiano, l'inglese alla lunga stanca

I like expecially the choice of fonts and the background
    Thanks/grazie

Man, I like your mod idea. Actually, I think that its better than WTW (as far as concept, I haven't played your mod yet, I guess it is not even released yet too, haven't read the whole thread), because in the WTW they did a lot of changes to the story to get it all going in Westeros, so, Targaryens are on a pretty bad strategic standpoint there (Dragonstone, pretty much). I like the idea of having Essos. Because if you follow the books closely (and not the BS HBO series) you will get Daenerys raising the power of her slave rebellion, unsulied and all, to bring a newer, stronger, Targaryen Army to life, over there. If a player, as Daenerys Targaryen, is able to get the Dothraki Horsemen and Bravoosi Navy, he (she) will get a might force to crush Westeros (besides, Westeroosi folk are waiting and praying for the return of the Targaryens, so that should be easy to conquer, after you crush Highgarden, Casterly Rock and the Ironmen). Also, don't forget the Assai (I know that we have really little info on regards of it, but they shall be a mighty military/magic power to not have been crushed by the Dothraki and enslaved (like happened with China in our Earth, conquered by the Mongolian hordes). And the Shadow, where the dragons still roam free (also another creative exercise, no info on that as well, besides Crow's Eye sailor tales).
    One thing that turned me off though: those screens with HBO crap stuff. There is good original ASOIAF art in Deviantart, and in other 3d/CG/Comics forum around the Internet. Take a look at this Cersei: http://riveda1972.deviantart.com/art...annister&qo=25 from BEFORE THE DAMN HBO TV SERIES. (This guy seems to be even Italian like you, so you can get him to help you with some original art for your mod)
    And take a look on this map: http://zilong.tumblr.com/image/5975598120 and these ones here http://www.taringa.net/posts/imagene...o-y-Fuego.html They even got Sothoryos.
    They are from BEFORE THE DAMN HBO TV SERIES, so there is no influence from the R*PE HBO did on ASOIAF to make that Game of "Drones" thing...
    There is also a good source of Maps and Cartography work in the Cartographer's Guild forum, also from before the HBO TV Series.
    I am a very good 3D modeler (I did some freelance work for different mainstream games, can't tell which because of NDAs BS). I don't have patience to do 3D "art" (that demands tons of Photoshop finishing, and Photoshop bores the hell out of me) but I can work with 3DS Max, Zbrush, Cinema 4D, Acropora, CityEngine, Poser and so. But as far as I learned from Total War data files (I am new to the series, just bought Medieval 2 and Napoleon over stream two weeks ago) you don't even need a good 3D artist because everything seems to be texture based. So, just go and add different textures over the same model to have it working for different factions. That probably demands some Photoshop, but if you need some help on that, and I have the time to provide, I will gladly help.

So, to wrap up:

1) Think on adding Assai, the Shadow and Sothoryos (can work like Americas, ripe to be conquered, full of resources, and faraway from the Icy North).
    2) If you can drop the HBO series stuff I would love it. If you can get some original ASOIAF fan-art to build your screens and UI that would be awesome.
    3) Dragons! We need Dragons! So, as Medieval 2 doesn't seem to have a flying unit model, the solution for dragons would probably be getting some cannon model (if we can get one of those elephant "rocket launchers" - no such thing in real history, but they have in the engine - or something and increase its range and damage that would be even better) as base and give it awesome speed, and killing firepower to burn large parts of cities and fortresses and to bbq some troops, all at close range. (I would get myself some Wolves, Krakens and Lions roasted anytime. Fries with them)
    4) Warlocks. I don't know how Witches work in Medieval 2, but Warlocks (Assai ones mostly) shall be a MIGHTY FORCE in battle (now that the Dragons are back to ASOIAF and magic is recovering its power). Warlocks must be at least able to use elemental magic, such as burn enemies at close range, freeze enemies at close range, spawn shadow warriors, and so. If they get area (like bring out fog to cover a battlefield area and work like a cover to troops moving - arrows won't hit those troops for instance -, or bring poisonous fog - can work like arrows hitting, as far as engine works -) and long distance (invoke shadow assassins to kill a general or king - don't know how to do those, perhaps arrows too, will be kinda like a sniper shot -) attacks that would be great too. But that is for people that know Medieval 2 engine.
    5) Others and Wildlings. Others can't be killed except with Dragonglass (Obsidian, one hit, one kill) and fire. So, engine experts need to work that in the engine. Normal weapons shouldn't be able to kill them, obsidian, fire torches and dragons will kill them like flies. And remember, the Wildlings got Mammoths and Giants with them (just regular cavalry, but BIGGER AND STRONGER)
    6) Naval battles. That shall be an issue. Don't know if there is any mod out there that worked the Naval battle stuff for Medieval 2, but getting Krakens, Bravoosi, Redwynes and all the other naval powers fighting battles would be fantastic. And remember the WILDFIRE.
    7) If you need my help, I am here. I don't get much free time available usually, but I will try to help as much as I can.

And PLEASE, DROP THE HBO SERIES STUFF! HBO series is a kick in the gut for anyone that has been a faithful ASOIAF follower since the 1990s.

Man, I like your mod idea. Actually, I think that its better than WTW (as far as concept, I haven't played your mod yet, I guess it is not even released yet too, haven't read the whole thread), because in the WTW they did a lot of changes to the story to get it all going in Westeros, so, Targaryens are on a pretty bad strategic standpoint there (Dragonstone, pretty much). I like the idea of having Essos. Because if you follow the books closely (and not the BS HBO series) you will get Daenerys raising the power of her slave rebellion, unsulied and all, to bring a newer, stronger, Targaryen Army to life, over there. If a player, as Daenerys Targaryen, is able to get the Dothraki Horsemen and Bravoosi Navy, he (she) will get a might force to crush Westeros (besides, Westeroosi folk are waiting and praying for the return of the Targaryens, so that should be easy to conquer, after you crush Highgarden, Casterly Rock and the Ironmen). Also, don't forget the Assai (I know that we have really little info on regards of it, but they shall be a mighty military/magic power to not have been crushed by the Dothraki and enslaved (like happened with China in our Earth, conquered by the Mongolian hordes). And the Shadow, where the dragons still roam free (also another creative exercise, no info on that as well, besides Crow's Eye sailor tales).
    One thing that turned me off though: those screens with HBO crap stuff. There is good original ASOIAF art in Deviantart, and in other 3d/CG/Comics forum around the Internet. Take a look at this Cersei: http://riveda1972.deviantart.com/art...annister&qo=25 from BEFORE THE DAMN HBO TV SERIES. (This guy seems to be even Italian like you, so you can get him to help you with some original art for your mod)
    And take a look on this map: http://zilong.tumblr.com/image/5975598120 and these ones here http://www.taringa.net/posts/imagene...o-y-Fuego.html They even got Sothoryos.
    They are from BEFORE THE DAMN HBO TV SERIES, so there is no influence from the R*PE HBO did on ASOIAF to make that Game of "Drones" thing...
    There is also a good source of Maps and Cartography work in the Cartographer's Guild forum, also from before the HBO TV Series.
    I am a very good 3D modeler (I did some freelance work for different mainstream games, can't tell which because of NDAs BS). I don't have patience to do 3D "art" (that demands tons of Photoshop finishing, and Photoshop bores the hell out of me) but I can work with 3DS Max, Zbrush, Cinema 4D, Acropora, CityEngine, Poser and so. But as far as I learned from Total War data files (I am new to the series, just bought Medieval 2 and Napoleon over stream two weeks ago) you don't even need a good 3D artist because everything seems to be texture based. So, just go and add different textures over the same model to have it working for different factions. That probably demands some Photoshop, but if you need some help on that, and I have the time to provide, I will gladly help.

So, to wrap up:

1) Think on adding Assai, the Shadow and Sothoryos (can work like Americas, ripe to be conquered, full of resources, and faraway from the Icy North).
    2) If you can drop the HBO series stuff I would love it. If you can get some original ASOIAF fan-art to build your screens and UI that would be awesome.
    3) Dragons! We need Dragons! So, as Medieval 2 doesn't seem to have a flying unit model, the solution for dragons would probably be getting some cannon model (if we can get one of those elephant "rocket launchers" - no such thing in real history, but they have in the engine - or something and increase its range and damage that would be even better) as base and give it awesome speed, and killing firepower to burn large parts of cities and fortresses and to bbq some troops, all at close range. (I would get myself some Wolves, Krakens and Lions roasted anytime. Fries with them)
    4) Warlocks. I don't know how Witches work in Medieval 2, but Warlocks (Assai ones mostly) shall be a MIGHTY FORCE in battle (now that the Dragons are back to ASOIAF and magic is recovering its power). Warlocks must be at least able to use elemental magic, such as burn enemies at close range, freeze enemies at close range, spawn shadow warriors, and so. If they get area (like bring out fog to cover a battlefield area and work like a cover to troops moving - arrows won't hit those troops for instance -, or bring poisonous fog - can work like arrows hitting, as far as engine works -) and long distance (invoke shadow assassins to kill a general or king - don't know how to do those, perhaps arrows too, will be kinda like a sniper shot -) attacks that would be great too. But that is for people that know Medieval 2 engine.
    5) Others and Wildlings. Others can't be killed except with Dragonglass (Obsidian, one hit, one kill) and fire. So, engine experts need to work that in the engine. Normal weapons shouldn't be able to kill them, obsidian, fire torches and dragons will kill them like flies. And remember, the Wildlings got Mammoths and Giants with them (just regular cavalry, but BIGGER AND STRONGER)
    6) Naval battles. That shall be an issue. Don't know if there is any mod out there that worked the Naval battle stuff for Medieval 2, but getting Krakens, Bravoosi, Redwynes and all the other naval powers fighting battles would be fantastic. And remember the WILDFIRE.
    7) If you need my help, I am here. I don't get much free time available usually, but I will try to help as much as I can. (Besides 3D modelling, storyline and SOME Photoshop work, I can help with your English translation too. I can read Italian, I don't speak or write it because that sounds like a bad soprano's line)

One last thing: THE FAITH, don't forget to add the FAITH ORDERS, the Faith Militant.

And PLEASE, DROP THE HBO SERIES STUFF! HBO series is a kick in the gut for anyone that has been a faithful ASOIAF follower since the 1990s.

I still don't know how to edit my posts here in this forum (where is the damn edit post button?), but let me get some stuff fixed from the post above:

1) Please, if some moderator can delete my first post here in this thread, and just keep the second one I will appreciate.
    2) When I said that "I don't speak and write in Italian, because it sounds like a bad soprano's line", I was talking about MY OWN ITALIAN. MY ITALIAN is really bad. So I can only read. If I try to write or speak MY ITALIAN IS SO BAD that will sound like a soprano's bad line, or some other macaronic stuff.
    When you guys that are Italians or speak good Italian, speak it, that sounds really good, and it is a very beautiful language. I had a girlfriend from Naples (Italy, not the one here in Florida) and when she spoke Italian that sounded like music, very cool.
    I thought that was better for me to correct that before I get you Italians hating me for no reason, lol. Besides, I like calcio, or futbol, too. Kinda boring sometimes, but it is a cool game.

So, again, if you need me for anything I am here to help. Just PM me.